What do your meals look like (show me pictures)....

Replies

• snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,400 Member
    edited September 2020
    t
  • PAPYRUS3
    PAPYRUS3 Posts: 13,259 Member
    snuff15ee wrote: »
    3fdn0ndijh6c.jpg

1000 calories of French Toast goodness. This is my typical weekend breakfast before I head out for an 80-100 mile road bike ride.

wow...I've never liked French Toast...you might just have changed my mind though...
  • snowflake954
    Risotto w scampi cream.nam63o67susu.jpg
  • snowflake954
    edited September 2020
    salmon w spinach burgers and tzatziki sauce.cu9l7uj5ggph.jpg

Trouble with pic upload--sorry.

• NikonPal
    NikonPal Posts: 1,346 Member
    NY Strip lunch: (334 cal.) NY Strip steak, Romaine Salad, hot banana peppers rings, Spanish Olives - Salad Sliced (With Minced Pimiento Strips), Red onion, Home Style - Parmesan-Romano, Grilled Vegetables, Spaghetti Squash, Balsamic Spray, Extra Virgin Olive Oil Spray, Soy Sauce (splash), garlic &herbs riced cauliflower and Asparagus Tips

Ham Meal: (253 cal.) Grilled ham slice, Riced cauliflower, squash, pineapple, Spring mix, red onion, Spanish olive slices, tomato, Extra Virgin Olive Oil Spray and Balsamic Spray.

Broiled Haddock: (209 cal.) Broiled haddock, rainbow slaw, apple cider vinegar, Summer is Inside - diced tomatoes, steam peeled, and lemon slice

In the pan: Wanted to use homegrown green tomatoes….(265 cal.) Green tomato, grilled vegetables, red onion, dab of soy sauce, squash, skinless chicken thighs...

Pork lunch (265 cal.) : Boneless Pork Chop- Grilled - Pork, Top Loin, spring mix baby, Balsamic spray, Extra Virgin Olive Oil Spray, cucumber, Spaghetti Squash, garlic &herbs riced cauliflower, Rao sauce, and pepper rings.

92000z0artl9.jpg

• BarbaraHelen2013
    BarbaraHelen2013 Posts: 1,940 Member
    7ljajhjsovvp.jpeg

Butternut Squash & Spinach Curry.

I didn’t think I liked Butternut Squash but bought one recently out of curiousity. I’ve officially changed my mind! Such a versatile vegetable!
  • PAPYRUS3
    NikonPal wrote: »
    NY Strip lunch: (334 cal.) NY Strip steak, Romaine Salad, hot banana peppers rings, Spanish Olives - Salad Sliced (With Minced Pimiento Strips), Red onion, Home Style - Parmesan-Romano, Grilled Vegetables, Spaghetti Squash, Balsamic Spray, Extra Virgin Olive Oil Spray, Soy Sauce (splash), garlic &herbs riced cauliflower and Asparagus Tips

Ham Meal: (253 cal.) Grilled ham slice, Riced cauliflower, squash, pineapple, Spring mix, red onion, Spanish olive slices, tomato, Extra Virgin Olive Oil Spray and Balsamic Spray.

Broiled Haddock: (209 cal.) Broiled haddock, rainbow slaw, apple cider vinegar, Summer is Inside - diced tomatoes, steam peeled, and lemon slice

In the pan: Wanted to use homegrown green tomatoes….(265 cal.) Green tomato, grilled vegetables, red onion, dab of soy sauce, squash, skinless chicken thighs...

Pork lunch (265 cal.) : Boneless Pork Chop- Grilled - Pork, Top Loin, spring mix baby, Balsamic spray, Extra Virgin Olive Oil Spray, cucumber, Spaghetti Squash, garlic &herbs riced cauliflower, Rao sauce, and pepper rings.

92000z0artl9.jpg

Is this you? If so, it sure looks like your had major success with your health!
  • Diatonic12
    Diatonic12 Posts: 32,344 Member
    @acpgee Thanks so much. I made the soup. I sauteed and added the garlic. Today, it will be lime. It that's earthy twang at the end of the bite. Beets, ditto.
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,551 Member
    Tonight's copycat KFC dinner was a bit of a fail. Doing chicken, oven fries, and roast okra all in the air fryer would have required cooking in batches so I roasted in the fan oven on a sheet pan at 20 degrees higher than the air fryer instead. Chicken skin didn't get as crispy as in the air fryer, okra burned, oven chips were overcooked. The stuff I made in advance and pulled out of the fridge like copycat KFC slaw and homemade ketchup were good though.

Lesson learned for next time. Low oven for the okra. Cook chicken and oven fries in air fryef in batches if necessary and keep everyhing warm in the low oven.
    i100tyuspg3u.jpeg

• acpgee
    I made starter of salad with St Augur and candied walnuts. Hubby made Dutch stampot (=mash with curly endive) traditionallly eaten with sausage.
    wdehp7sia5al.jpeg
    07vw4myyq4nf.jpeg

• PAPYRUS3
    ^yum - yes the tahini drizzle is a 'must' for most dishes imo 🤣😛
  • Diatonic12
    @acpgee I tried your bangin' good ideas. They worked. I almost made something pretty enough to post on here. I can't begin to compete with your beautiful dishes but you inspire me to no end. You make me wonder what's the food scene like in Italy now, snowflake.
  • snowflake954
    Diatonic12 wrote: »
    @acpgee I tried your bangin' good ideas. They worked. I almost made something pretty enough to post on here. I can't begin to compete with your beautiful dishes but you inspire me to no end. You make me wonder what's the food scene like in Italy now, snowflake.

Our food scene is always in evolution. New ideas come out all the time. It's one of the greatest countries to live in ---if you like to cook.
  • acpgee
    Vegetable pie w spinach, green beans, mushrooms, tomatoes, ricotta, parmigiano, eggs, and cream.

Great idea to line the pie dish with silicon paper. Less work than greasing the tin and probably easier to turn out too.
  • snowflake954
    Yup--and cleanup is a snap. I use parchment paper a lot now.
  • Diatonic12
    My aunt told me to use pressNseal wrap or plastic wrap for the top of the 'fridge, swap out as needed. Works great. No dust.