Myfitnesspal

Message Boards Recipes
You are currently viewing the message boards in:

What do your meals look like (show me pictures)....

Replies

• o0Firekeeper0oo0Firekeeper0o Member Posts: 271 Member Member Posts: 271 Member
    idbemcn3utv7.jpeg

Winter vegetable minestrone from a cookbook my mother-in-law gave me last Christmas. Very tasty (even with a couple mandatory tweaks), and a ton of leftovers!
  • snowflake954snowflake954 Member Posts: 6,456 Member Member Posts: 6,456 Member
    Whole wheat pasta (radiators) w lentils.15gyg1ygalka.jpg
  • PAPYRUS3PAPYRUS3 Member Posts: 9,377 Member Member Posts: 9,377 Member
    senalay788 wrote: »
    PAPYRUS3 wrote: »
    Pumpkin chocolate protein muffins. 10 proper sized muffins at 60cal each and 10g protein.

nxsm9dliuzxc.jpg

I was about to make this but am wondering if you actually used 1.33 cups of protein powder? This can't be right? Did you mean 'scoops'?

Nope. Cups. 1 1/3 cups.
    There is hardly any flour. Something has to hold these while adding the protein.

Wow...thanks for the clarification. I made them (sort of) in the above post. They were good and did actually 'hold together'. However, I'm sure with the addition of the correct amount of protein powder, would help eliminate that typical 'dry-oat-fiber' taste I always seem to find when I bake with oat fiber.

• JessBbodyJessBbody Member Posts: 524 Member Member Posts: 524 Member
    JessBbody wrote: »
    I am so excited to post this. Mainly because I almost never cook for myself and rely a lot on frozen meals.

I decided to make this my project for last night.
    It's Creamy Tuscan Chicken, a recipe from Delish. The sauce came out incredible.
    It's a cream sauce with garlic, cherry tomatoes and spinach. I added mushrooms.

If I hadn't made this recipe I never would have known that I love chicken seasoned with oregano!

Forgive my gushing, I'm so proud.

Below is the photo from the website and beneath it is mine.

380 cals per serving. I had 1/2 cup rice with it.

I finally have something to contribute to this thread!

Link to recipe https://www.delish.com/cooking/recipe-ideas/a19636089/creamy-tuscan-chicken-recipe/

And now that you have the sauce part on point, experiment with shrimp or salmon or cod or tofu etc. as your protein.
    Isnt learning to cook a wonderful thing that opens up sooooooooooo many options??

Yes! Cooking is so gratifying!
  • stephtra49stephtra49 Member, Premium Posts: 166 Member Member, Premium Posts: 166 Member
  • snowflake954snowflake954 Member Posts: 6,456 Member Member Posts: 6,456 Member
    JessBbody wrote: »
    I am so excited to post this. Mainly because I almost never cook for myself and rely a lot on frozen meals.

I decided to make this my project for last night.
    It's Creamy Tuscan Chicken, a recipe from Delish. The sauce came out incredible.
    It's a cream sauce with garlic, cherry tomatoes and spinach. I added mushrooms.

If I hadn't made this recipe I never would have known that I love chicken seasoned with oregano!

Forgive my gushing, I'm so proud.

Below is the photo from the website and beneath it is mine.

380 cals per serving. I had 1/2 cup rice with it.

I finally have something to contribute to this thread!

Link to recipe https://www.delish.com/cooking/recipe-ideas/a19636089/creamy-tuscan-chicken-recipe/

a569otwmgm4f.jpeg
    wa6h1p16igav.jpeg

Congratulations! This looks very good. Great pic too.
    Risotto w baby shrimp, cut up zucchini, low fat cream, broth, white wine, black pepper, EVOO, and grated Parmigiano Reggiano.uv0nixsbg1cc.jpg
    Hey All!

🍴 Baked eggplant with saffron aioli & some crispy pork Milanese with shredded manchego. Arugula on the side.

(Someone ate the other piece before I could take a photo. Lol)

gdlcf703teea.jpeg

Lookin' good as usual. Love the colors!
  • BarbaraHelen2013BarbaraHelen2013 Member Posts: 1,501 Member Member Posts: 1,501 Member
    4x4ezwdp21jf.jpeg

Sweet Pointed Pepper stuffed with Taco Spiced Lentils, Orzo, and veg. Also Pineapple Coleslaw and a Herb Salad.
  • acpgeeacpgee Member Posts: 5,847 Member Member Posts: 5,847 Member
    Salad with blue cheese and candied nuts followed by half a sous vide lamb shank on canneli beans and mirepoix carrots garnished with gremolata and parsley oil. Finding that warming up a tin of beans in some leftover gravy or other sauce is a great way to add a starch to a weeknight meal. I sous vide several lamb shanks last week and popped the ones we didn't eat straightaway in the freezer to defrost and reverse sear 20 minutes in a hot air fyer.
    d686alxh5rip.jpeg
    kpk80mtnk18x.jpeg

• Madison9776Madison9776 Member Posts: 51 Member Member Posts: 51 Member
    Lentil Sloppy Joes with chips and a dill pickle
    h5uhasacj7ik.jpg
  • acpgeeacpgee Member Posts: 5,847 Member Member Posts: 5,847 Member
    Our first takeaway since lockdown. I had a GP appointment straight after work so didnt have time to make dinner.
    We put on the rice cooker while the hubby picked up takeaway from the local Szechuan. Green beans with minced pork, fish fagrant aubergine, chicken with black bean, a few skewers of lamb and cumin in the bag, a freebie of string beans in chilli sauce.
    r9hwt7rp049c.jpeg
  • o0Firekeeper0oo0Firekeeper0o Member Posts: 271 Member Member Posts: 271 Member
    dh04svf75y7q.jpeg

Pasta bake with mushrooms, chicken and peas; chickpea pasta and cashew cream.

First time using cashew cream. It’s absolutely awesome! I want to make an alfredo with it next
  • Madison9776Madison9776 Member Posts: 51 Member Member Posts: 51 Member
    Orzo with leftover roasted veggies and steamed shrimp, simmered in a homemade tomato sauce, finished with some crumbled feta.
    6p2zjzwac8p5.jpeg