What do your meals look like (show me pictures)....

Replies

• acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,601 Member
    Dutch stampot (=mash with greens) with smoked sausage and tomato salad.
    bnqn4lde69wi.jpeg
  • LazyBlondeChef
    LazyBlondeChef Posts: 2,809 Member
    edited January 2021
    @Peach1948 The black rice has a slight nutty flavor. We really like it. I cook it in a tiny Dash rice cooker using the proportion specified for long grain brown rice (1 cup rice to 1.5 cups water) and it is always perfectly done with nicely separated grains and not gummy.

I would agree with @o0Firekeeper0o in that it is closer to wild rice than brown or white rice. I use Hinode brand.
  • PAPYRUS3
    PAPYRUS3 Posts: 13,259 Member
    @PAPYRUS3 The best way I can describe it is a lot like whole wheat pasta, if you’ve ever had that. The texture is more break-apart than regular pasta and has more of a beany, grain-y flavor. It’s not bad at all; I like it, but it’s not my first choice for gf pasta. Rice pasta in my opinion is the closest thing you will get to the ‘real’ stuff while still being gluten free. I just used chickpea pasta because we had a box in the cupboard we needed to use up :)

Thanks - this texture is something I'd actually really like - I love ww pasta and love that 'grainy' toothsome thing. Something to try one day:)
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,601 Member
    Copycat air fryer KFC from the Chicago Tribune recipe, sauteed spinach, tomato salad, smashed garlic potatoes also cooked in the air fryer under the chicken.
    g44gaq78g87p.jpeg

• PAPYRUS3
    PAPYRUS3 Posts: 13,259 Member
    azkabanned wrote: »
    kmjwv3e4r8vx.jpg
    9d8gtjb2takz.jpg
    jjmaopfo22gm.jpg

trying to lose this quarantine weight!

Well, looks like you'll be enjoying this venture! yummm
  • LazyBlondeChef
    LazyBlondeChef Posts: 2,809 Member
    Oven baked chicken added to leftover mashed potatoes w/lamb gravy and oven roasted beets from last night plus a salad of romaine, feta, tomato, artichoke hearts, olives and PK Caesar dressing.

0uut4m1b79c8.jpg

o3qre86xwr6y.jpg