Calorie Counter

Message Boards Recipes
You are currently viewing the message boards in:

What do your meals look like (show me pictures)....

Replies

• BarbaraHelen2013BarbaraHelen2013 Member Posts: 1,113 Member Member Posts: 1,113 Member
    ejqtikihdkj4.jpeg

Wholewheat spaghetti with leeks, asparagus, ricotta, parmigiana reggiano, lemon and green olives.
  • GeneveremfpGeneveremfp Member Posts: 201 Member Member Posts: 201 Member
    bbd5ik8p00vo.jpg

First time cooking with Zaatar. It was really nice
  • MarigorringoMarigorringo Member Posts: 100 Member Member Posts: 100 Member
    That looks delicious
  • MelodiousMermaidMelodiousMermaid Member Posts: 260 Member Member Posts: 260 Member
    @snowflake954

Do you make your own tomato sauce? If so, could you please share your recipe/method? Looking to enjoy more authentic cuisine.
  • acpgeeacpgee Member Posts: 5,090 Member Member Posts: 5,090 Member
    Instant Indomie noodles pimped up with coriander and some of last nights leftover BBQ pork loin.
    jr3sa9lt5isa.jpeg
  • MaltedTeaMaltedTea Member, Premium Posts: 1,667 Member Member, Premium Posts: 1,667 Member
    That's one heck of a first post @chunfifi001! It all looks so tasty. Welcome to the MFP forums!

Edit: I ate a LOT of those leaves (the ones underneath the lemon slice) when I was in Japan. What is it called?
    edited May 31
  • BarbaraHelen2013BarbaraHelen2013 Member Posts: 1,113 Member Member Posts: 1,113 Member
    2e22twvoj1ld.jpeg

Thai Red Vegetable Curry on a bed of lightly steamed white cabbage. An enormously satisfying plate of food for just 245 cals.

Subbing white cabbage for rice or pasta is something I used to do in my 20s but I fell out of the habit somewhere along the line. I’d forgotten how well it works as a super low calorie foil for full flavoured dishes. 😊
  • acpgeeacpgee Member Posts: 5,090 Member Member Posts: 5,090 Member
    MaltedTea wrote: »
    That's one heck of a first post @chunfifi001! It all looks so tasty. Welcome to the MFP forums!

Edit: I ate a LOT of those leaves (the ones underneath the lemon slice) when I was in Japan. What is it called?

Those are perilla leaves.
  • MaltedTeaMaltedTea Member, Premium Posts: 1,667 Member Member, Premium Posts: 1,667 Member
    acpgee wrote: »
    MaltedTea wrote: »

Those are perilla leaves.

THANK YOU! All I knew was that it had to be in the mint family but that's kinda hard to explain in a shop or market lol Now I'll know of a few names to use as a reference.
  • redgirldanceredgirldance Member Posts: 85 Member Member Posts: 85 Member
    Sunday brunch: eggs w/chives, oats, escarole (ty again @snowflake954) and fruit.
    p55betylmb01.jpeg