Renewing my vow to MFP, need encouragement

2»

Replies

• Hi there!

It's only problematic if you fall off the wagon and don't attempt to get back on :smile:

I really like meeting new MFP friends as I believe that a support system is crucial to weightloss... feel free to add me if you'd like!
  • As you see, you are not alone...I have not only fell off the wagon, I feel like i got run over by the wagon. : ) But... a new year is going to begin soon, and I am going to get back to the way things are. My kiddos are all grown up, one in college, one graduated college, but if you need some support, feel free to add me as a friend cause I can totally relate to how you are feeling. We can do this... MFP is a great way to kickstart back to a healthier day to day living....
  • 1ConcreteGirl
    1ConcreteGirl Posts: 3,677 Member
    Okay people, listen up. You have all gravitated toward a spot where everyone has fallen off the wagon and you're about to form a "support network" of people who have fallen off the wagon. Everyone has bad days or weeks, but the danger is that you surround yourself with people who are going to encourage you too nicely even when you're having a bad spell, or that your friends will delete their accounts and you'll be left high and dry for support.

If you are serious about this goal, I suggest you read through the forums and find people who have lost a significant amount of weight and will give you a kick in the butt when you start falling off the wagon.

Leakramirez is a good one to friend, she's lost over 130 lbs. There are plenty of success stories you can read to inspire you, but your priority should be getting plugged in with people who are here to stay.
  • AquaFan
    AquaFan Posts: 309 Member
    Okay people, listen up. You have all gravitated toward a spot where everyone has fallen off the wagon and you're about to form a "support network" of people who have fallen off the wagon. Everyone has bad days or weeks, but the danger is that you surround yourself with people who are going to encourage you too nicely even when you're having a bad spell, or that your friends will delete their accounts and you'll be left high and dry for support.

If you are serious about this goal, I suggest you read through the forums and find people who have lost a significant amount of weight and will give you a kick in the butt when you start falling off the wagon.

Leakramirez is a good one to friend, she's lost over 130 lbs. There are plenty of success stories you can read to inspire you, but your priority should be getting plugged in with people who are here to stay.

You could have saved time and space and just straight out called us losers. I've been very successful in the past and have lost a significant amount of weight through diet and exercise. Just because I fell off the wagon doesn't mean I failed.
    7631282 Posts: 29 Member
    I'm looking to making a few friends myself, Friend me. I just began, working on day 4.
  • gimmegimmemoar
    gimmegimmemoar Posts: 213 Member
    Hi there! Feel free to add me everyone! I am always looking for new positive people like myself for motivation and to motivate!