Silly Motivators

2»

Replies

• MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    After I complete a workout I literally pat myself on the back and say "Good job!" I don't know why, but it feels really good!! I try to do it when no one is looking, but, alas, sometimes I get caught. I hope people just think I am stretching haha! :bigsmile:

:laugh:

There is a Tai Chi warm up exercise on a DVD I have where you swing your arms and thump yourself lightly on the back, so you can always claim to be doing that if anyone asks!

Speaking of, I need to dust that DVD off again and start back up.
  • rainghirl
    rainghirl Posts: 203 Member
    My skinny jeans now fit without a muffin top - this is a good motivator NOT to go back to eating the ****e I used to eat. Like cheese on toast for breakfast and a cream cake every day. Having starter and main when I'm having to eat out 'cos I'm working away.

I have to keep motivated to keep running too, though that seems to be sorting itself out. I feel pretty miserable if I don't run for a few days.
  • nikkijade13
    nikkijade13 Posts: 27 Member
    My silly motivator is my 3 year old nephew. I don't have kids yet(and won't for a while) so my little nephews the apple of my eye. When he wants someone to play with he comes straight to auntie and I want to be able to play with him without cutting play time short because I can't keep up with because of my weight.
  • Jennifer076
    Jennifer076 Posts: 275 Member
    I have a couple pairs of Silver jeans that are guys...crazy but I love how they use to fit. I haven't been able to fit into them in about 7 years. Last week for the heck of it I pulled them out of my drawer. One pair yeah not so much, but I did get them pulled up, 2nd pair are button fly (5) I got 4 out of the 5 buttons buttoned. Unfortunately when I DO get that last button buttoned I will have a muffin top I am sure. These are my favorite jeans ever and seems how they are pricey I am not giving up on getting back into them.
  • I do MFP with Fitbit. I started last month. I live in the Dallas Metroplex and one of my very favorite places to vacation is Naples, Florida. So as motivation, when I walk on my Fitbit an equal number of miles as Dallas to Naples (approximately 1250 miles), I get to go on a vacation in Florida. To motivate myself, I am tracking my progress on a map. After one month, I am "in" Natchitoches, LA!
  • quirkytizzy
    quirkytizzy Posts: 4,052 Member
    After I complete a workout I literally pat myself on the back and say "Good job!" I don't know why, but it feels really good!! I try to do it when no one is looking, but, alas, sometimes I get caught. I hope people just think I am stretching haha! :bigsmile:

I like this one!