MFP Calorie Calculations

2»

Replies

• NaomiJFoster
    NaomiJFoster Posts: 1,450 Member
    It's totally working for me. It's like a scientific formula, it's so perfect.
  • Bobby__Clerici
    Bobby__Clerici Posts: 741 Member
    Are you guys following the recommending Calorie Intake that this site gives you.

Example: Says your goal is 1700 and you eat 1700 calories. Then workout and burn 500 calories. Then you the site says to eat another 500 Calories..

Does that seem right? And if you have been following the sites guidelines is it working.
    Same here...it works like a charm, and I exercise more just to eat more some days...lol
  • Bobby__Clerici
    Bobby__Clerici Posts: 741 Member
    So my next question is:

what is my activity level. i do workout about 6 days a week. Also, i do bjj about 1 to 4 times a week at night. I basically have a desk job that i sit around for most of the day.
    I set mine to sedentary, then added in whatever activity.
    And ate those calories back!
    Whatever works...to each his own...
  • rstage79
    rstage79 Posts: 24 Member
    Went to that fit radio link:-) says i need about 2782 to not loose any weight after i hit 170..here goes nothing. Will change calories if no lose is happening. just trying to dial it in
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    So my next question is:

what is my activity level. i do workout about 6 days a week. Also, i do bjj about 1 to 4 times a week at night. I basically have a desk job that i sit around for most of the day.

You can set at sedentary but I find even with a desk job, lightly active may be more appropriate. Try the sedentary setting at first - this is only non-exercise activity. Log your exercise under the cardio section - including the workouts and the BJJ. I would imagine the BJJ to be hard to estimate as it depends how long/hard you roll and drill so use a reasonable estimate and assess periodically based on your actual weight loss. As I noted above, I would only eat about 50% - 75% of the exercise calories back to account for any discrepancies.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Went to that fit radio link:-) says i need about 2782 to not loose any weight after i hit 170..here goes nothing. Will change calories if no lose is happening. just trying to dial it in

If you are using that method - then ignore the comments above about eating your exercise calories back if you picked the activity level with exercise as that site does include exercise (unlike MFP where you add them individually as you do the,).

This explains the difference:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/818082-exercise-calories-again-wtf