Like Minded Lushes--January 2013

Replies

• Better_Balance_2011
    Better_Balance_2011 Posts: 3,711 Member
    JSNJ continues....10 days left

Ashley, the mindset/lushiness comes back quickly - but, I hate the chit feeling

I've got 4 days left cause I'm a cheater. :smile:
    I hate the chit feeling too.....

0 for me last night. Sticking with 0's till Saturday where hopefully I will practice moderation. I'm probably going to have a couple champagne cocktails at my daughter's first birthday part on Sunday. Maybe. If I decide to make them. I can stay dry the rest of January after that.
  • kblue2007
    kblue2007 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Ashley, I can not believe your daughter is one already!!! Happy birthday to her!!

Monday-0
    Tuesday-0
  • ChLoE1130
    ChLoE1130 Posts: 1,696 Member
    Monday-0
  • SoCalWoman
    SoCalWoman Posts: 2,384 Member
    0-Monday
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Ashley, I can not believe your daughter is one already!!! Happy birthday to her!!

Crazy right? Thanks! :smile:
  • wolf23
    wolf23 Posts: 4,240 Member
    Monday - 0
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,029 Member
    Monday - too much vodka

I am so looking forward to this weekend. I will see both my daughters in Vegas and we will have a huge party on Saturday for Olivia's first birthday. I can't believe she will be 1 year old tomorrow. I will try to be good but no promises.

You are all doing great!
    I was routing for the 49ers (sorry Diana) I just love to have the West Coast represented!
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Sunday=0 drinks
    Monday=0 drinks
    Tuesday=0 drinks (hopefully) shooting for 0s til the Winter Brew Fest on Friday. I am really looking forward to it, but worried I will feel really bad the next day because I am not conditioning:tongue:
  • extraordinary_machine
    extraordinary_machine Posts: 3,028 Member
    Wait, Daphne's 1? Holy crap!!

I was lushy last night--2 big glasses of wine and a red bull/vodka. Nom.
  • nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 9,964 Member
    Ashley, nothing says happy birthday like a champagne toast. :drinker:

Amy, I am worried about the deconditional :noway:

Mama Lush is still going strong:flowerforyou:

I am still boring and sober but feel really good except exhausted today from work.

I made a spiced pork tenderloin tonight which literally took minutes and fam loved it. :love: baked apples, broccoli and mashed potatoes...Now, it's time to work out!! When do I get to pass out? :yawn:
  • nisijam5
    I just realized less than 10 days to go!!

It's been successful so I will continue into February with very controlled lushiness. I want to pick 3 events of the month that will involve drinking. Wine night, Valentine's Day and GF's 25th wedding anniversay.

Wish me luck!!
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Dot I know! Yep, Daphne will be one on Friday. Time flies right?

Kim you are a machine. I do believe you get the Princess Sober crown. I'd like to say I will try to reduce my drinking in February too. Not sure about limiting to "only x number of times" but just be better about drinking all together: not getting hammered EVERY weekend, and not drinking more nights throughout the week than I don't.

0 last night. Weekdays at home are a breeze.
  • kblue2007
    kblue2007 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Monday-0
    Tuesday-0
    Wednesday-0
  • ChLoE1130
    ChLoE1130 Posts: 1,696 Member
    Monday-0
    Tuesday-0
  • nisijam5

Kim you are a machine. I do believe you get the Princess Sober crown. I'd like to say I will try to reduce my drinking in February too. Not sure about limiting to "only x number of times" but just be better about drinking all together: not getting hammered EVERY weekend, and not drinking more nights throughout the week than I don't.

No, no crown here...just trying to lose the weight and that's more important right now. Going to re-evaluate the situation on February 1st with things like, not drinking at home "just because". I honestly never thought I could do this, so I am quite happy with myself.

Robin, have fun with the girls...I'm excited for you to get away from work and be with the family.

I see lots of zeros!! Well done lushes!
  • Kat120285
    Kat120285 Posts: 1,599 Member
    Back. Friday had water but mixed drinks so was a bit sluggish Saturday on the way to the train station. We bought a pizza for the ride and after eating I felt fine. Played Cards Against Humanity on the train...best game. Got to NY and walked to our hotel. The 4 of us went to our rooms for a couple hours then had drinks and played Cards Against in one of the rooms. Went to dinner which was a sushi place then back to the hotel for champagne and cards. Ended up heading to the bar around 1ish for about an hour or so then back to the hotel for beer and yet more Cards Against. Ended up heading to our room around 4am. Since drinks were spaced and I had water I felt fantastic Sunday morning. We all went out for breakfast then headed for Grand Cental. Hopped the train and headed home. Had my friend we went with over sunday for the game. The guy she's seeing is a Pats fan and if they lost he said he'd watch the Super Bowl with us so it was the first time I've ever looked forward to a Pats game.. She spent the night and Monday was spent partly at my house being lazy watching Charmed then going to her place for wine and takings down her Christmas decor and tree. Got home and was sleepy from the two bottles we split and the one martini we had so I just lounged on the couch with husband. Got up yesterday, felt great and got lots of housework done while dancing to music. Had a beer with dinner then 3 glasses of wine and went to bed and slept great. More housework today. There will be wine, talking with mom at some point and some company in Chicago is trying to recruite husband and it has me freaked. It'll be spaced though because this whole no hangover thing is wonderful.

Looks like everyone has been busy. Congrats to all with your amazing self control! To those being lushy with me, cheers!

Happy hump day :smile:

Forgot to mention it was just an amazing weekend and husband and friends guy totally hit it off so it looks like we have an awesome couple to hang out with :bigsmile: if the friends guy doesn't have to work he and she are coming for the Super Bowl which would be amazing. Husband will have such a good time with another guy who actually likes and knows sports, can't wait!!! :drinker:
  • extraordinary_machine
    extraordinary_machine Posts: 3,028 Member
    Kim, that is so awesome!! Yay!

I just had one last night...Kel made it while I was cooking diner, and I nursed it all night. It took me about 3 hours to finish 1 vodka/rb. :drinker:
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Ashley, nothing says happy birthday like a champagne toast. :drinker:

Amy, I am worried about the deconditional :noway:

Mama Lush is still going strong:flowerforyou:

I am still boring and sober but feel really good except exhausted today from work.

I made a spiced pork tenderloin tonight which literally took minutes and fam loved it. :love: baked apples, broccoli and mashed potatoes...Now, it's time to work out!! When do I get to pass out? :yawn:
    ooh, I wanna do pork tenderloin! How did you do it so quick? I was thinking of crock-potting one on Friday but that seems like a waste of a good cut...
  • mustdothis40
    mustdothis40 Posts: 45 Member
    Ok... So I am a bit late into this group...but the group name screams my name. I am good with exercise and watching what I eat, but feel I am sabotaging all I do with my wine habit. I drink 2 glasses of wine each nth during the week and mire lie 4 glasses on the weekend. Is that so wrong?
  • nisijam5
    This is the one that I made last night. I cooked in a cast iron pan

Spiced pork tenderloin

http://www.myrecipes.com/recipe/pan-grilled-ginger-honey-pork-50400000118622/

Honey-ginger pork tenderloin. I grill this one outside d/t smoking up the house as in the reviews and the charred crust.

http://www.myrecipes.com/recipe/pan-grilled-ginger-honey-pork-50400000118622/

Both are excellent - but, don't recommend telling boys that it's cow penis for they won't eat it. I was joking and they rebelled.

Welcome - mustdothis40 - not wrong to me but my morals aren't that high when it come to alcohol