Like Minded Lushes--January 2013

Replies

• Better_Balance_2011
    Better_Balance_2011 Posts: 3,711 Member
    Well.....one of my besties gave us bad news yesterday: She's losing her job and she also told us our friends' dane's tummy flipped and they had to put her down 2 nights ago. So naturally she needed liquid therapy and dinner (single Mom) so I obliged, made fajita casserole and drank 3 glasses of wine with her. I wanted a 4th, but refrained. The scale still loved me this morning. So I think it's all good. No drinks tonight. Maybe none Friday. Saturday I drink with my girls (because one lost her dog, one is losing her job, one's preemie baby is still in the hospital, and the other is just nutty.)
  • kblue2007
    kblue2007 Posts: 2,564 Member
    WOW Ashley lots going on in your world. Sorry for your friends hard ships!!! Enjoy your time with them!!

Monday-0
    Tuesday-0
    Wednesday-0
    Thursday-0.....although I decided to stop at the liquor store to pick up some wine for this weekend tonight, instead of tomorrow, hope I stay strong. I mean, I bought dark chocolate nonpareils at the store on tuesday and have refrained...I can make it one more night!!!
  • ChLoE1130
    ChLoE1130 Posts: 1,696 Member
    Ashley- good for you being such a good friend, everybody needs a drinking buddy every now and then!

Kate- you can do it! I am trying to make it until Saturday. Tonight won't be bad, but I know I will want some wine tomorrow night because Mike is working late.

Monday-0
    Tuesday-0
    Wednesday-0
  • nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 9,964 Member
    Ashley - sad stories...they are lucky to have you as a friend :smile:

Still lots of zeros out there and I am counting down the days over here. I work 2 - 12 hour shifts this weekend so refraining may - or may not be easy. Depends what kind of lunatics I have to take care of.
  • SoCalWoman
    SoCalWoman Posts: 2,384 Member
    I had a glass of red last night. Nothing exciting.
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Sunday=0
    Monday=0
    Tuesday=0
    Wednesday=0

But tonight I have budgetted for 7 oz of red wine! Then some of that wine will go in the crockpot with my pork tenderloin tomorrow! It's a cheat day tomorrow, I got the Winter Brewfest!
  • amysj303
    This is the one that I made last night. I cooked in a cast iron pan

Spiced pork tenderloin

http://www.myrecipes.com/recipe/pan-grilled-ginger-honey-pork-50400000118622/

Honey-ginger pork tenderloin. I grill this one outside d/t smoking up the house as in the reviews and the charred crust.

http://www.myrecipes.com/recipe/pan-grilled-ginger-honey-pork-50400000118622/

Both are excellent - but, don't recommend telling boys that it's cow penis for they won't eat it. I was joking and they rebelled.

Welcome - mustdothis40 - not wrong to me but my morals aren't that high when it come to alcohol
    Thanks, both these are honey ginger pork, but it sounds good and I just got a grill pan for Christmas so maybe I should try it instead of the crockpot as I planned. But I need to get ginger...
  • kblue2007
    I got the Winter Brewfest!

Mmmm winter brewfest! Have a blast, sounds awesome!
  • Kat120285
    Kat120285 Posts: 1,599 Member
    Sorry about your friends Better, they're in my thoughts and prayers and you sound like a wonderful friend :flowerforyou:

3 glasses of wine last night followed by a nice nights sleep.

Really need to start working out consistently.
  • kblue2007
    Another successful evening!
    Monday-Thursday-0. I do have to say having 3 bottles of wine in the house last night, it was tough not to crack open a bottle BUT tonight I shall enjoy. Might have a manhattan too, we'll see.
    Tomorrow we are going to my in laws to celebrate my father in laws bday. I volunteered to be DD :huh: that will keep my in check with my drinking. I'd love to get a workout in on sunday so I can enjoy some cocktails without the guilt!!
    Happy friday!
  • nisijam5
    Sorry, Amy, I will post the other for you...they are equally delicious and quick.

http://www.cookinglight.com/food/quick-healthy/quick-easy-pork-recipes-00400000055551/page8.html

^^Here's the spiced pork tenderloin^^ I cooked the apples on the side for the kids and it would be really nice with a parm. risotto. I love my cast iron pan, it like a baking stone for cooks.
  • nisijam5
    I got the Winter Brewfest!

I am JEALOUS. So many beers, so little time.
  • ChLoE1130
    Monday-0
    Tuesday-0
    Wednesday-0
    Thursday-0

Still planning on a zero tonight. Tomorrow since I am DD I plan on just having a couple vodka and soda waters before dinner. Maybe I will alternate vodka and soda with just a soda water and lime so I can feel like I am drinking more. Sunday I am thinking will be a lazy day with maybe some wine or beers.
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,029 Member
    I had a two day offsite so I haven't had time to computer since I had to spend it on the dreadmill making up for all the steps I was missing. I have been very lushy because of stress.

I am off to see all of my girls tonight and I am so excited. Holly gets in about two hours after I do. I cannot wait to hold my granddaughter (I hope she will let me).

I am sure I will have a cocktail on the plane but I will definitely moderate. You are all doing great.

Ashley, sorry to hear about your friends dane. Holly just had to give hers up and it broke her heart. they are sweet giants.

I will check in as I can.
  • kblue2007
    Have a WONDERFUL trip Robin!
  • amysj303
    Sunday=0
    Monday=0
    Tuesday=0
    Wednesday=0
    Thursday=2 glasses red (it fit with my cals)
    Friday=brew fest! I have earned my cheat day, I think.
  • SoCalWoman
    SoCalWoman Posts: 2,384 Member
    Robin..what better way to lift your spirits than to see your girls. Yay!

1 red last night. Probably another 1 or 2 tonight with my shrimp tacos. The scale is still my friend. I'm waiting to officially log that loss into new territory until I've maintained it for a bit...but I'm pretty excited.

Happy weekend lushes!
  • Kat120285
    Kat120285 Posts: 1,599 Member
    Have fun Mama Lush =]

3 glasses of white last night. Wine today with mom and Gram.
  • ChLoE1130
    Uggh I am having one of those days!!! Really may need some wine tonight especially since the husband won't be home until like 10, so I will have no one to complain to.
  • nisijam5
    Chloe, nice run...whine is a good listener :wink:

Mama Lush...fly, Mama, fly right into the girls' arms

Kat...some good family lushy love...spread it

Amy...I posted the other for you...enjoy brew fest

I am going to get a cup of hot chocolate milk and get ready for work tomorrow. It's Day 1 of 8. I picked up a bunch of shifts and will probably DIE at the end. Bury me with Sam Adams in my hand.