Like Minded Lushes--January 2013

Replies

• ChLoE1130
    ChLoE1130 Posts: 1,696 Member
    Monday-Thursday-0
    Friday- finished a bottle of red open from last weekend....it was probably about 6 oz
  • zippo32
    zippo32 Posts: 1,407 Member
    Fri - 3 beers, 2 shots
  • nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 9,964 Member
    Ohhhhh, it's quiet here and that means the lushes are busy. I have 5 days to go and then I am free, curious to see if my uber-lushy ways come back. I hope not, but the flame still burns inside.
  • extraordinary_machine
    extraordinary_machine Posts: 3,028 Member
    Lemme see..
    Friday was3 big-*kitten* lasses of wine.
    Last night was 1Shock Top End of the World Midnight Wheat.
  • nisijam5
    Thanks, Dot, I needed a lushy post!!
  • ChLoE1130
    Monday-Thursday-0
    Friday-1 glass of red
    Saturday-2 vodka sodas, a little champagne, some wine and an Amstel lite (this was all over about an eight hour span though so I am feeling good today)

Not sure what today will bring, going to lunch later so maybe a beer.
  • SoCalWoman
    SoCalWoman Posts: 2,384 Member
    Many whiskey cocktails Friday nite.
    0 yesterday.
    Maybe a glass of wine tonight? I've got an open bottle and mustn't let it go bad.
  • extraordinary_machine
    extraordinary_machine Posts: 3,028 Member
    Sure, Kim...any time!!

I was pretty lushy today...I opened one of my Shock Tops when Kel went to make himself a redbull/vodka and I was all, "Why didn't you ask if I wanted one???????" He said that he didn't want to mess up my "sober month" and I told him that that ship sailed a couple weeks ago. :laugh:

So, I had 2 of those, and my beer. Yum.

Even though I only made it a couple of weeks, I've really cut down on my lushiness during the week--and last night I had one beer, so for a Saturday, that's like having none! I will admit, however, that I've found *other* things to substitute for the lushy-goodness. I live in Colorado...you smarties can figure it out. :drinker:
  • kblue2007
    kblue2007 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Nice Dot!!! :smokin:

Friday-1 shot of salted caramel vodka, 1 manhattan and 1/2 bottle of wine
    Saturday-Lenny ended up being DD so.....2 glasses of wine, 2 vodka tonics, 3 beers and an orange vodka and sprite zero. I was pretty drunk and totally slept until 11 yesterday.
    Sunday-4 VERY LARGE mango vodka and sprite zeros...we drank a whole bottle of vodka, oops!!!
    Monday-Thursday-0
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Better_Balance_2011 Posts: 3,711 Member
    Well Kim, if you're like me, your lushy ways will return..... Sober January is over. :ohwell: I had 4 drinks while watching Mean Girls Thursday night while my husband was having beer with friends. Friday was 3 glasses of wine (this was good). Saturday 5 of us split 4 bottles of wine at dinner. Then a different 5 of us split almost 4 more bottles in the hot tub. I was schmamered. No real reason to drink that much. I was all mad at myself again yesterday, and decided that I will just try to make improvements each month. So this month I got way drunk 3x. Which is sad considering it was supposed to be sober January and all. Well I'll just have to do better next month....

In addition to feeling crappy, I had hours of prep work to do for my daughter's first birthday party. Everything got done (barely) and I even enjoyed 3 champagne apertifs during the party. I'm shooting for 0's through Wednesday at least. I'm off THursday and Friday, but my kiddo is having a cyst removed from her temple Thursday morning. :sad:
  • ChLoE1130
    Last week-

Monday-Thursday-0
    Friday-1 glass of red
    Saturday-2 vodka sodas, a little champagne, some wine and an Amstel lite
    Sunday- two 312 pints and about 3/4 bottle of red

This week...
    Zeros until at least Friday. Next weekend should be pretty mellow. Mike is working late Saturday, so I am thinking I will just stay in and then we have a Superbowl party to go to Sunday. They are making it NOLA themed, so hurricanes, jambalaya, and all that good stuff. I am not crazy about hurricanes though, so that shouldn't get me in too much trouble.
  • nisijam5
    Dot, gotcha :wink:

Ashley, you did well for lushes like us. I know the lushy ways will find a way back.:love: Last night I was really craving an ice cold marg from my favorite restaurant.

Chloe, I should be able to do the zero's with you until the weekend.
  • SoCalWoman
    LOL betterbalance, you have some serious partying friends...I say blame it on them! I don't think I have 10 friends...much less 10 friends who love to drink like that. Sounds fun! It also helps that my husband doesn't drink much. It definitely helps with my moderating. Altho my family drinks like fish. Luckily, I don't see them often ;)

I had 2 red last night. Husband is going skiing in Park City and will be gone for the Super Bowl as well. This could be bad news for my plans to keep moderating. I do have my crazy *kitten* gay crowd that loves to get a hold of me when the husband leaves town. We shall see.

Have a great week everyone!
  • ryzeman
    ryzeman Posts: 870 Member
    Have a cold/sinus infection- on the positive side my appetite is in the toilet and I have had a couple zeros the past few days. Going to be a glass is half full kinda guy and take that as a win.
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Yes, we have quite a few friends and many of them are crazy! Plus we tend to be the "social people"; we always throw the parties, get everyone together, etc. So when people want to go out, drink, etc. they call us. It's fun, but can get exhausting at times......

0 for me last night.
  • kblue2007
    kblue2007 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Monday-0
    Tuesday-0
  • nisijam5
    2 days to go....................I've dropped just shy of ten pounds so far this month :bigsmile: My final weigh-in will be tomorrow.

Kate, are those zero's by your name? Well done.

Ashley, I bet your friends are back.

Syd, enjoy the little weekend away without hubs.

Ryz, feel better and the lushiness will return soon.
  • Better_Balance_2011
    2 days to go....................I've dropped just shy of ten pounds so far this month :bigsmile: My final weigh-in will be tomorrow.

Fantastic! You rock.
  • ChLoE1130
    WOW 10 lbs! That is awesome!

Monday-0
  • SoCalWoman
    10 lbs is amazing Kim!

1 glass of red. Probably another tonight.