Like Minded Lushes--January 2013

Replies

• amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Brewfest on Friday and I don't know how much I drank, the cup was only 3-4 ounces and I probably had 12-15 of those, but I didn't feel drunk or bad the next day, which is good.
    Saturday I drank some wine, maybe half a bottle-6 oz went in the crockpot and there's probably 6 oz still in the bottle.
    Sunday=0 drinks
    Monday=baileys and milk

Going to try for 0s til Friday.
  • nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 9,964 Member
    Thanks All...but, I must confess, it's a 10 lbs that I've lost before and somehow found.

Cheers for now...off to work for a 4 hour shift which I now regret picking up.
  • kblue2007
    kblue2007 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Thanks All...but, I must confess, it's a 10 lbs that I've lost before and somehow found.

Regardless, its wonderful. Congrats! xo
  • ryzeman
    ryzeman Posts: 870 Member
    Thanks for the well wishes Kim and grats on the 10 lbs!
  • Kat120285
    Kat120285 Posts: 1,599 Member
    Congrats nisi that is fantastic =]

Lets see, Friday way too much champagne with Mom and Gramma.

Saturday was somewhat low key, went out for lunch and had a jumbo raspberry marg then a beer-rita. Spent most of the day and night after that on the couch so I felt great Sunday morning.

Sunday was the "Downtown rocks for Newtown" bar crawl thing. Tickets were $30 hopefully most of which went to Newtown and you got this nifty little cup. When you used your cup anything you got in it was only $3 and you also had 2 tabs for free drinks .... I went with my friend Eve and I think I drank enough for the year :noway: I never throw up anymore but yesterday I had the worst hangover or my life and ended up getting sick but felt a little better after that.

With that said I had my first 0 yesterday for the first time in who the heck knows how long :noway:

Perhaps 0 tonight too. Cleaned for about 6 hours today so the house looks good and I'm sure I would enjoy a nice beer or glass of wine but we'll see if husband has anything.
  • kblue2007
    ugh puking is the worst...especially when its self inflicted, BUT so glad you are feeling better, sometimes letting it come up makes it feel better for sure!!!

Monday-0
    Tuesday-0
    And going for another tonight! Although the wine in our cooler has been eyeing me up :wink:
  • ChLoE1130
    ChLoE1130 Posts: 1,696 Member
    Yuck, I can't tell you the last time I threw up from drinking, or threw up at all for that matter. But, when I used to it was always the night of, rarely the next morning. Which I guess is the less of the two evils.

Monday-0
    Tuesday-0
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Better_Balance_2011 Posts: 3,711 Member
    I used to be a big time next day puker. I have learned (finally) it was all from dehydration. (In addition to having too much to drink). I can probably count on two hands the number of times I've puked the nigth of in my adult life. Every now and again if I get really hammered and don't drink my water, I'll get sick the next day. Eww..

Our socialness struck again. We forgot we were supposed to go help our friends use their country club money by the end of the month. The club ended up being closed but we went to dinner anyways and Eric and I split a bottle of rose'. Then another friend texted Eric to see what we were doing for the (KY) game, and even though it was 9:00, he invited him over. He and his girlfriend were over till about 11 so Eric and I drank another bottle. I abstained from a final drink and was glad this morning. Plus we got woken up at 4:30 for a tornado warning and all went down to the basement. I'm dragging a little today....

Sunday - 3
    Monday - 0
    Tuesday - 4
    Wenesday and Thursday - shooting for 0
    Friday - shooting for 4 or less
    Saturday - shooting for 4 or less
  • SoCalWoman
    SoCalWoman Posts: 2,384 Member
    I don't think I've ever puked from drinking too much. Not that I haven't felt like it, at times!
    I want better's social life! (But would be exhausted if it had it)

1 glass red wine last night. The word is out about the husband's ski trip and the gays are swarming. We shall see what kind of trouble I end up getting into.
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,029 Member
    Hi lushes! I am back. I had a great time and I was extremely moderate. Had one drink on the plane down. had on jack and coke on Saturday. two Bacardi and diets on Sunday and 2 glasses of wine on the plane home on Monday night. wow may have to turn in my lush card.

but now, yesterday I got hammered. I was so tired and I just had 4 huge vodka and diet squirts, That is all I remember. :blushing:

It is good ot be back.
  • Kat120285
    Monday - 0
    Tuesday - 0

We'll see about tonight.

Husband had some beer last night and I didn't have anything except water and I don't think that has ever happened.
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    I also puke the night of, not the morning after drinking, except once...

Monday=1 drink
    Tuesday=0 drinks
    Wednesday= shooting for 0

Trying not to drink til Friday...
  • nisijam5
    1 glass red wine last night. The word is out about the husband's ski trip and the gays are swarming. We shall see what kind of trouble I end up getting into.

Now you have me excited...

Of course after a month of sobriety, a fly on the wall looks fun.

2 more days and officially 9.8 lbs down.

Yay, Robin's back....is there a pic of the cutie, pa-tootie
  • kblue2007
    Syd, NICE!!!!! Any plans yet?

Monday-0
    Tuesday-0
    Wednesday-0
    Thursday...should be zero, really I should behave!!
    Our power went out this morning just in time for my shower....in a bathroom with no windows so that was interesting. Then I had to pack up my dairy and head to work....of course there was a crazy detour right out front of my development (due to a blown transformer) AND i needed gas and all the gas stations were out of power, so I had to drive a few miles out of my way to get gas and get here. Already kind of a crazy day and that is why I am leaning towards some wine tonight, we'll see how the rest of my day goes...got board meeting in my office all day!!!
    Almost friday and my boss will be in NY for the day tomorrow then he is traveling to Thailand monday until 26th :bigsmile: February will be an awesome month at the office :love:
  • ChLoE1130
    ChLoE1130 Posts: 1,696 Member
    Monday-0
    Tuesday-0
    Wednesday-0

Kate- that does sound like a rough morning! At least you still get to take a shower when your power goes out though. We have well and septic so when our power goes out so does the water. First time that happened in our house the water ran out just in time for me to get a bunch of shampoo in my hair and then no way to rinse it out. How the heck was I supposed to know that that would happen!?

Syd- I love my gays! They are sooo much fun! One of our really good friends is gay, he was in our wedding. And he had an extra bears ticket a few weeks ago, so he asked my husband to go with him. So Mike went to a Bears game with 3 gay guys and he said it was the best time he has ever had. Now thats a guy comfortable with his sexuality :wink:
  • nisijam5
    Kate, hurried morning for sure.

Chole, well done on the zeros.

Last day of the month and 100% success...whoosh, now I have to deal with controlling the lushiness and being a cheap date :happy:
  • SoCalWoman
    SoCalWoman Posts: 2,384 Member
    Kate...rough morning! :flowerforyou:

3 glasses last night..one at the salon while I got my hair cut and highlighted. I ate like crap when I got home too...but at least my hair looks great.

Still no definite plans. They wanted to go out tonight because the weekend officially starts on Thursday for them....but I told them I need to pace myself. I can't start partying on Thursday and expect to make it until Sunday...me and my liver are too old for that. :drinker:
  • Kat120285
    Oy, that morning definitely calls for some wine Kblue!

Monday - 0
    Tuesday - 0
    Wednesday - 2 glasses of white
    Thursday - ?

Husband had 3 beers last night and at about 9:45ish I decided to have a glass of wine. Sipped it while we watched shows on travel channel then had one more glass and went to bed. That was some serious moderation for this extreme lush. Tonight is the husbands late night at work so we'll see about drinks.
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,029 Member
    Rough day with the witch. Once I get home if I don't dive head first into alcohol I will post some pix of the baby girl. I had a bottle of white last night.
  • kblue2007
    Robin, for reals, I hate your boss!!! Sorry!!!