OMG...I feel like I'm gonna die....

2»

Replies

• kimmrdodge
    kimmrdodge Posts: 190 Member
    I did take it slower today modified some of the movements ( I was so sore from yesterday I had to :P). I felt much better than after yesterday's workout. I think I'm going to slowly work my way to the higher impact parts.
  • You should definalty start out slow...you can walk laps, lift light weights, then work your way up. When i first started i was really out of shape as well I had a job where I didnt really do to much but sit. But I just started walking a mile as often as I could and then worked my way up to the elliptical and now its so much better...Hope this helps...Good Luck!!
  • karenmi
    karenmi Posts: 242 Member
    Just a question, did you consult your doctor before starting this journey? I think that's very important, especially if you plan on doing very strenuous exercise.

I'm guessing that at 45 I'm a lot older than you, but I had something similar happen after a very hard workout with a trainer a few years back and ended up taking an ambulance ride to Emergency. Fortunately I was OK, but it was very scary.

I've had great success with losing weight without killing myself with hard, hard exercise. I work out every morning from 5:30 to 6:30 am, before work, doing cardio on the treadmill, strength training and core work. I wear a heart monitor to make sure my heart rate doesn't get too high. I know that eventually I will have to work out much harder, but I will get there gradually. It may take me longer but it will be safer and easier to maintain.

Good luck!
  • mrsbeck
    mrsbeck Posts: 234 Member
    There's a difference between pushing yourself and hurting yourself. Work into it slowly if it's having such a bad effect on you. Better to do a little bit consistently, than to hurt yourself and never do it again.
This discussion has been closed.