bogo_baby Posts: 82 Member
    Bumping to remember :)
  • MrsSWW
    MrsSWW Posts: 1,590 Member
    Bump
  • xcalygrl
    xcalygrl Posts: 1,897 Member
    edited January 2015
    Question: what happened to the "new and improved questions about your intake" thread (http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/910257-the-new-and-improved-asking-questions-about-your-intake)? Is that not being offered anymore?

I'm doing my own thing right now, but I have been waffling on the idea of having you guys help me out. I want to cut my body fat from 27% to 20-22%. I'm struggling at the moment, so I wanted to get some pros (@SideSteel and @Sarauk2sf) to give me some advice. I've been keeping accurate logs of my foods and weights for quite some time now, so I have most of the information you guys need (if I remember correctly).
  • dunnodunno
    dunnodunno Posts: 2,290 Member
    Bump!

• Thank you!!! Bless you two for all this valuable info!
  • Ldecker4
    Ldecker4 Posts: 2 Member
    I am new to this thread and I realize it's an older discussion so hopefully this gets seen. I have recently begun strength training and working out every day for the past 3.5 weeks. However, the scale is not moving. MFP tells me to eat 1360 to lose 2lbs a week, but after I've added in my exercise, it gives me an additional amount of calories earned through exercise. I had been sticking to my 1360 number regardless of adding in strength training and cardio, and now I'm beginning to understand I should be upping my calorie intake as well because I'm working out. I'm just unsure exactly how much I should increase it, how much of those calories I should be eating back. The equations are a bit confusing to me so any help would be greatly appreciated. I'm 5'8" and 189 lbs, and I've been following a strength training and cardio program through bodybuilding.com The scale has been stuck at 189 for over 2 weeks now, and while I know some of it is due to increased muscle (my clothes fit a little better and I can tell I've gotten a little smaller) it's still frustrating because I have about 40-50lbs of excess fat I need to get rid of and I don't feel like I'm making progress in that area. Any help or advice would be really great! Thank you!
  • hgillesp
    hgillesp Posts: 46 Member
    bump
  • giusa
    giusa Posts: 577 Member
    So much interesting and informative information, and also - overwhelming.
  • retirehappy
    retirehappy Posts: 4,752 Member
    edited April 2015
    Not sure if it is just me or not but none of the links are working. Getting this discussion is not found error page.

This has been my "bible" here on MyFitnessPal. I know the dumbell workout link was working about two weeks ago, since I used it.

Anyone else having issues getting to these links? (Using Firefox as browser same as last time I accessed several of the links.)
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Not sure if it is just me or not but none of the links are working. Getting this discussion is not found error page.

This has been my "bible" here on MyFitnessPal. I know the dumbell workout link was working about two weeks ago, since I used it.

Anyone else having issues getting to these links? (Using Firefox as browser same as last time I accessed several of the links.)

Yep - something broke it but we worked out how to fix them so will be going in and doing that shortly.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Links should work now - please let me know if any do not. Cheers!!
  • hippytee
    hippytee Posts: 249 Member
    Great links lots of info thanks :smiley:
  • ChrisM8971
    ChrisM8971 Posts: 1,067 Member
    Bumping because the star does not seem to be working at the moment!
  • FancyPantsFran
    FancyPantsFran Posts: 3,687 Member
    Great reads need to get thu them all.

Here to reset. I'm going to have slot of questions. LOL
  • sjneal_06
    sjneal_06 Posts: 1 Member
    This is brilliant!
  • TonyB0588
    TonyB0588 Posts: 9,520 Member
    Looks interesting, but a lot to read.

Also I'm joining the group "Eat, Train, Progress".