Favorite meals?

2»

Replies

• triciawebb78
    triciawebb78 Posts: 142 Member
    bump
  • ali59oc
    ali59oc Posts: 130 Member
    Sounds like you've got lots of great ideas! I have been eating the same thing for breakfast since I started this WOE and I have yet to get tired of it. My tummy growls every morning as I go downstairs to make it:
    2 scrambled eggs in 1 tbls butter
    top with sour cream and siracha.
    It is INCREDIBLE.
  • oyadancing
    oyadancing Posts: 91 Member
    I tend to cook simple and vary seasonings. Some favorites:
    - Shrimp seasoned with Penzey's Spices Singapore seasoning (spicy lemony curry-like) and sauteed quickly
    - Pork chop, seasoned with Tony Chachare's, pan fried

I could repeat the theme (steak, seasoned, broiled; chicken thighs, seasoned, baked.) I know this is a remnant of when I was a child who ate only "discrete" food, each separate on the plate, not touching. My food can touch now, but I tend to cook and think of meals as one component at a time.

I don't like rewarming meat, so I portion off and freeze raw proteins in individual pre-seasoned serving sizes, then each morning move items down to the fridge, to thaw for dinner. When I get home from work, heat the pan/oven, cook the protein, "make" a big salad (salad in a bag was made for me - ex Trader Joe Cruciferous Crunch, Organic Girl Super Greens) and dinner's ready in 20 minutes.

I do make veggies ahead of time. Favorites:
    - Fresh collard greens and kale pressure cooked with smoked meat (usually ham hocks) and a little chicken broth.
    - Brussels sprouts steamed, then sauteed quickly in butter or bacon fat, and then browned in the oven.
    - Frozen chopped spinach cooked with chicken broth instead of water, adding 1T butter and juice from 1/2 a lemon at the end.
    - As others have mentioned, creamy cauliflower (I make mine with cream cheese, butter, grated parm, and if it needs loosening, a little cream)

My favorite places to browse for recipes (sorry for repeating if already mentioned here):
    - http://www.ibreatheimhungry.com/ - one of my goto breakfasts came from here, cream cheese pancakes, dead simple
    - http://cavemanketo.com/category/food/ - I make almond buns, so tasty, every weekend
    - http://www.ruled.me/keto-recipes/

Enjoy experimenting!
  • mjean1229
    mjean1229 Posts: 42 Member
    thr33martins,

You pretty much just made my day with the idea of hot wings with blue cheese. LIFE IS GOOD!!!! Those are hands down one of my fav's and it didn't even down on me that I can have those.... guilt free!!!! WOO HOO!!!!!!
  • I'm always looking for new recipes, and there are some great ones here! Thanks to everyone for posting!
  • mjrose514
    mjrose514 Posts: 60 Member
    Here's my new one! Half a large cauliflower head (roasted and chopped), mixed with 1/2 cup sour cream and 1/4 cup heavy cream. Top with cheddar cheese, bacon, and green onions... AMAZING! Like potato skins and the bacon overpowers most the cauliflower taste.
  • myfitnesspale3
    myfitnesspale3 Posts: 276 Member
    I recently got into flax seeds, and there are dozens of variations on "Flax Muffin in a Mug", for which I cannot take credit.

Here is a typical example. It may be obvious but flaxmeal is ground flax seeds, which you can make easily with an electric coffee grinder. FYI whole flax seeds will store longer than flaxmeal.

1 tsp. butter
    1 egg, slightly beaten
    1/4 C. ground flaxmeal
    1/2 - 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
    1/2 tsp. baking powder
    1 packet (or 2 tsp.) Splenda

Mix it all up in a greased 12+oz mug, don't worry about overbeating, and microwave it for 90-120 seconds - DONE! Wow -no wheat, low-carb. Add dried or fresh fruit, tolerant with substitutions, super-fast. I'm still on honeymoon with this recipe.

http://recipes.sparkpeople.com/recipe-detail.asp?recipe=868006

But the real reason I posted is to note that MFP has an EXCELLENT recipe importer at MYFITNESSPAL\ FOODS\ RECIPE. Give it an URL/ path and it will save a bunch of work doing lookups for calories and components.
  • witcherkar
    witcherkar Posts: 138 Member
    So this is very low carb and I was skeptical at first but oh my god this is soooooo easy and delicious!!

Tuna patties!!

Take a can of tuna and drain it.
    Add 1 tbsp of mayonnaise, 1 whole egg, 4 tbsp grated parmesan cheese, salt and pepper. Mix together.
    But 1 tbsp butter in frying pan. Take half of mixture and pour into pan amd make a sorta thin patty out of it. Fry until golden brown on each side. Then add another tbsp of butter and fry the other half of the mixture.

Amazing!!! I absolutely love it!! And its quick and easy.
  • Tristaan
    Tristaan Posts: 126 Member
    A chicken breast, topped with about a TB of cream cheese, TB mayo, fresh jalapeno slices (to taste), and shredded cheddar - bake at 375 for about 20 min (or until cooked through)

Baked Parmesan crisps - 1TB (each) shredded Parmesan flatten it out into a loose patty shape, bake at 400 for 8 min. you can add seasonings to them or they're good plain. (make sure you check the carbs on your shredded parm - some use starch fillers)