How many times have you seen this? Some people don't get it!

Replies

• infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    *obligatory fat person who eats fast food* - god, I should be ashamed of myself.
  • sjohnny
    sjohnny Posts: 56,142 Member
    At least Sara's quote of SideSteel's post is the first thing here.
    ^True story.

Obviously. I said it. It must inherently be true.
  • sjohnny
    Just seeing if we can get this one over 20 pages before (you know who) figures it out.
  • terrie_k
    terrie_k Posts: 406 Member
    I had a friend that would work out then eat McNuggets after to get his protein. Weird to me..
    Oh, he was also a certified trainer.
  • chocl8girl
    chocl8girl Posts: 1,968 Member
    My food is always dirty. That's why I have to give it a good tongue lashing.

Wait. This might be the wrong thread. *wanders off, muttering something about Master Baiting*
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    *obligatory fat person who eats fast food* - god, I should be ashamed of myself.

*hangs head* me too *sniff*
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,228 Member
    How many times have you seen people go to the gym and work their *kitten* off... only to stop at Wendy's or Mcdonald's after their workouts. Come on people, your body wants clean food! Or how many times have you heard "I'm not seeing any results" I ask what they had to eat for lunch and they say "I had to run to Arbys because I didn't bring my lunch."

You are what you eat! Sorry just venting a little lol.

Here's my reply, but I'll be the first to admit that I haven't read all 18 pages so perhaps some of this bears repeating.

Before I get into this, this is nothing personal towards the OP and I'm going on a tangent here:

If you're saying that people who casually exercise and use that as an excuse to go overeat a bunch of nutrient sparse foods thinking that their sub-par exercise justifies having a sub-par diet, then I would absolutely agree with your premise.

If you're saying that the individual food sources that you choose significantly matter towards your physique once macronutrient and micronutrient sufficiency are met (<-- key statement), then I would absolutely disagree with you and suggest that your results weren't due to the supposed cleanliness of your food, they were due to your training and your total nutrient intake.

Total nutrient intake is obviously composed of your individual food choices but as long as you are able to sufficiently nourish yourself, and as long as you're able to meet macronutrient demands for your body composition/training goals, then you've got an awful lot of leeway in selecting food items and "cleanliness" is certainly not a factor in the least.

http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/research-review/hormonal-responses-to-a-fast-food-meal-compared-with-nutritionally-comparable-meals-of-different-composition-research-review.html

http://www.wannabebig.com/diet-and-nutrition/the-dirt-on-clean-eating/

As an aside: Regarding the whole physique=knowledge thing, and we see it especially in juiced individuals (not saying this about the OP specifically). You get someone who is obviously jacked and lean, and they think they know what they're talking because:

I'm big and lean ---> I eat these foods ----> Therefore my results are due to these foods. (And you can replace food with just about anything else that gets discussed).

This is just crap logic.

I'm going to make a bold statement. You know who knows more than anyone on this site?
    This guy:
    34o55hu.jpg

Guess what? I'm going to wager that I'm more muscular and leaner than he is. I am going to wager that he knows WAAAAAAAAAAAY more than I do about fitness/nutrition. He's one of the best in the field.

So you can't necessarily equate physique to knowledge. That's a mistake and it's certainly not a justification for what sometimes can be crappy broscience.

I am quoting this so this is hopefully the last thing on this thread as it is important for people to understand.

ETA: pants!...I rolled the bloody thing!

So... um...

Who is that guy?
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member

So... um...

Who is that guy?

Lyle McDonald.
  • myofibril
    myofibril Posts: 4,500 Member

So... um...

Who is that guy?

Lyle McDonald innit?
  • jenbit
    jenbit Posts: 4,252 Member
    Brett I'm having tacos tonight since you mentioned them.
  • ArroganceInStep
    ArroganceInStep Posts: 6,239 Member
    There's going to be a USSF powerlifting meet in St Louis in August.

I currently squat and pull 405, and bench 255.

If you compete raw in that event and top my total in it, I'll give you a grand.

I plan to eat a moderate amount of junk food between now and then so it should be money in the bag for you, particularly since your bench is so much better than mine.
  • BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,716 Member
    Shhhh!!!

If we all stay quiet maybe you-know-who won't find us.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,228 Member

So... um...

Who is that guy?

Lyle McDonald.

Derp!

I should have known that! :laugh:
  • sjohnny
    Shhhh!!!

That's what I was thinking.
  • DontStopB_Leakin
    DontStopB_Leakin Posts: 3,863 Member
    Shhhhhh. If we're quiet, he might not find us.
  • On a lighter note, ever get the feeling your humor is misunderstood?
  • Chief_Rocka
    Chief_Rocka Posts: 4,710 Member

I plan to eat a moderate amount of junk food between now and then so it should be money in the bag for you, particularly since your bench is so much better than mine.

How much would you bench if you replaced white rice with brown?

Think about it.
  • DontStopB_Leakin
    DontStopB_Leakin Posts: 3,863 Member
    Shhhh!!!

Damnit, you beat me.
  • sjohnny
    Shhhhhh. If we're quiet, he might not find us.

That's what I was thinking.
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member

How much would you bench if you replaced white rice with brown?

Think about it.

^ LMFAO