ShamROCKIN' Sixers Week 2

1235»

Replies

• izzypup
    izzypup Posts: 341 Member
    I love the spring to Alison. Everything starts to bloom and the I love the warm weather. Now if the sun would come out and stay for awhile I think it would be better. I seem to have stayed in the same place this week. No gains no losses, but I will see how I do tomorrow. Who knows, I could be wrong.
    B-- you are sooo brave. I don't think I could take pics and post them. You have a good outlook on things. A true inspiration!
    Tamm-- Glad you found some homes. Are you buying or are you going to rent?

I hope everyone is feeling well. I know it is the time of year when allergies are starting to flair up. The students at school are sneezing all over the place. YUK!
    Take care Sandy
  • amypyr
    amypyr Posts: 660 Member
    I took yesterday off from 30 day Shred, but I did it again today. I didn't go any further than I did Friday, but I'm happy to say that it didn't take me as long to get my heart rate back down after I finished as it did the last 3 days. It's still majorly kicking my butt, but I think it's actually working. I put on a sweater this morning for church that I wore 2 weeks ago. It didn't seem like it was quite as tight as it was 2 weeks ago. :happy: I just hope it wasn't my imagination.

Well, off to do some laundry and go to bed! I'm hoping to have time for personals tomorrow.
  • its_B
    its_B Posts: 491
    Gaahhh wut a surprise, for the second week in a row brittany is struggling to sleep... NOT. gosh i dont know what the h-E- double hockey sticks is up with me but i have been sleeping like total CRAP. Anyways I figured instead of eating, or doing nothing i could get on MFP and see wut my amazing sixers had going on!! lol

AmyS- MOTIVATION BUDDY! YOUR back1!!!!!! YAY!!!!!! He made a little over a hundred bucks today, I am hoping he can make the same amount if not more next week! that would be great! haha I hate pictures.. unless I take them myself and do some editing action i usually hate them. how were your Vacations!?!? LETS GET BACK INTO IT!!! haha LOVES YOU TOO! *HUGS* LETS BOTH TRY AND MEET OUR BIRTHDAY GOALS!!! I wont reach my 180 goal, but i DEF want to reach the 190s, so lets get to SHAKIN OUR SEXY BOOTAYS INTO SHAPE!!!!!!!

vhuber - I dont think i can afford an F11- they are over 150 bucks! You got a great gift!! haha I am realizing i REALLY need a heart rate monitor to calculate what i burn during the exorcises the personal trainer gave, and when i am not on a tred mill or bike. Plus I would love to know how many calories I burn during zumba! I will just have to find a cheaper one! haha. Although the waterproofness sounds like a PERFECT thing for me seeing as i do a great deal of swimming for scuba diving and such.

alison- jealous of your nice weather!! and congrats on the the big case!! :happy:

Sandy- You and i are in the same place! kind of maintaining, sometimes up, sometimes down but pretty much the same place. I plan on increasing my work outs, and my goal is to consume about 100 calories less this week each day to see if it would allow for a greater loss. And I am not brave haha, I am desperate, and i know what will scare me into doing what i need to do! Those pictures truly made me cry, here i am a bloody 19 year old and i look like THAT in a bathing suit. that is SUPER upsetting. But thank you for the words of kindness i hope my motivation tactics work and I show a big loss for this challenge!

amypry- YAY! I would really love to do the shred but i dont have a lot of time at home, and when i do i dont really want to be sweating it out in my basement.. i love going to the gym... but i would REALLY love to do, is do the shred @ the gym.. I am wondering if i could get the gym to let me use one of the studios or something so i can do it... but i have to buy the DVD first haha! I am sure you are going to see a loss from working so hard!

Alrighty.. well I guess I can't do much more.. so i am going to try to get some sleep... (again) if anyone has any suggestions on solving my sleeping problems i would gladly listen!!!! I am hoping it is just stress.. but who knows...

night Sixers!
    B
  • chipper15173
    chipper15173 Posts: 3,981 Member
    just dropping a line, can't type well with only 1 1/2 hands. you know the mandolin for slicing foods. i was using a new one we got and an onion got stuck and i forced it and sliced my fingers(3) up. one is in a splint, cause the deep cut is on the knuckle and you can't stitch it there so we put a splint on it to keep it from bending and hoping it will glue it's self back. so far so good.

need to get on the treadmill.

later
  • kistinbee
    kistinbee Posts: 3,688 Member
    Morning all!

Well...another weekend with no exercise...BUMMER!!! But it was a good weekend...caught up on sleep Friday, cleaned the whole house and got all the laundry done Saturday, had dinner with friends Saturday evening, the was out at my parents and got to hang out with my baby sister who's home on Spring break on Sunday!! AND I'm taking this Friday off work to spend some more time with her before she goes back next weekend! YAY! I love it when my sister's home! She's seriously my best friend!

Hoping to get in a workout tonight...either walking outside (it's going to be BEAUTIFUL all week) or getting in a treadmill run...we'll see.

B...good for you for posting your pictures! I don't think I could do that! I don't even want to take pictures of myself! And I have a Polar F6 monitor and LOVE it!! It was around 100 bucks, but may be cheaper now. You should check them out!

Cathy...hope your fingers heal quickly!! Ouch!

To everyone else...GOOD MORNING!!!

Of to start some work! And here's the link for tomorrow...

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/86390-shamrockin-sixers-week-3
  • bahamomma87
    bahamomma87 Posts: 164
    CATHY- omgoodness ! I hope you feel better and your fingers heal !!!!! WOW i always be so scared of getting them cut when im using stuff like that ! yikes !

B- ahhh your my inspiration so i am going to post my scary, but so UNedited, 267 lb photos .... and i seriously like you hope i dont burn anyones retinas out lol ! but i thought maybe we could do this together ! LOG IN AND SEE THESE PHOTOS and scare the crap out of us hahahah ! or bring us back to reality ! love u girl

Verda-- our inspirational leader !!!! thanks for always being there and pushing us to get our young butts moving haha !

Here are my photos for my girls to see in hopes to shake my motivation up about 100 notches .... :

i can deal with the frontal one... i mean i didnt get this gut until halfway thru my pregnancy when my babe started GROWING haha... so i think its worth it .... until i exercise it off hahah !

2714625150073332879S425x425Q85.jpg

THE SIDE IS WHAT hurts me the most ... because i just NEVER EVER Looked like this ... pre-birth control ... pre-baby.... pre-miscarriage... YIKES !

2391614270073332879S425x425Q85.jpg

and the back needs help but also a "i can deal" situation..... I know when i lose OVERALL poundage... i will look drastically different... so here they are ! HERE I AM !

2293845250073332879S425x425Q85.jpg

I Weighed this morning at 267 ... so thats what i put on the photos !
    wow ! ok by my birthday girls.. I WANT TO BE 247 (at least) ! and i have until MAY 9th !!! TO DO SO !
  • bahamomma87
    ok ive tried every code i could think of .... WHICH ONE WORKS ?!?!?!?! lol for the photos

kristin ??
    B???
  • chipper15173
    chipper15173 Posts: 3,981 Member
    you have to post them on photo bucket copy code change the imp (what ever it is) in the beginning and end of code to lower case and paste here. hope that works for you
  • bahamomma87
    THANKS CATHY !
    never thought to change it to lowercase heeh !

OK SO THATS KINDA SCARY THAT THEY ARE OUT THERE FOR THE WORLD TO SEE ! but oh well.... there i am ... in all my 267 glory !

I think monthly i will take new photos .... April 15th ... im hoping to look alot different then that !

and its easy cuz the 15th is when my son turns 20 months.... so ill always remember each month!
  • vhuber
    vhuber Posts: 8,779 Member
    THANKS CATHY !

OK SO THATS KINDA SCARY THAT THEY ARE OUT THERE FOR THE WORLD TO SEE ! but oh well.... there i am ... in all my 267 glory !

I think monthly i will take new photos .... April 15th ... im hoping to look alot different then that !

and its easy cuz the 15th is when my son turns 20 months.... so ill always remember each month!
    Amy, Good job, great goals and an awesome motivator! I am cheering you on!!! What is on thee agenda today? What are you eating, and what are you doing to burn the calories? Please log EVERY morsel that enters your mouth! WOW I am sooooo excited to see both you and B's transformations! On the 20th we'll be waiting for the pic's!!!! Also, like I told B my retinas are still healthy!!!! Plan your day and try to live by it, that is where you will find success! Best wishes honey, you CAN do this!
    Verda
  • bahamomma87
    THANKS CATHY !

Amy, Good job, great goals and an awesome motivator! I am cheering you on!!! What is on thee agenda today? What are you eating, and what are you doing to burn the calories? Please log EVERY morsel that enters your mouth! WOW I am sooooo excited to see both you and B's transformations! On the 20th we'll be waiting for the pic's!!!! Also, like I told B my retinas are still healthy!!!! Plan your day and try to live by it, that is where you will find success! Best wishes honey, you CAN do this!
    Verda

VERDA---- once again your words help me so much ! SO THANKS ! My plan today is DRINK LOTS OF WATER, Eat THREE HEALTHY meals, TWO healthy snacks, ... no eating after 7:30pm !

I KNOW I CAN MAKE THOSE PHOTOS LOOK DIFFERENT ! .....

I want to live the rest of my life healthy, and feeling as beautiful on the outside as i always feel on the inside !

LOVE U GIRLS !
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    posting so I can find this later for personals....
  • ali258
    ali258 Posts: 403
    B and Amy: You ladies are brave! I personally think you both look about 100 times better than I do. I'd never post pics because I'm so modest that my mom jokes that I must shower with my clothes on. I do wear tank tops in summer, but only because my dislike of sweating to death outweighs my need to be covered up at all times. That's some of the mental stuff I need to work on as I lose weight this time around.

Cathy: Ouch on the fingers!

I'm actually getting a lunch break today, so I'm having healthy stuff: half a can of soup, an apple, and a small piece of the blondies I made to take into the office today. Yum! I also have a yogurt with me to eat on the commute home so I can be smart when I get home and eat something within my calories for dinner. I heard on the radio this morning that it's about 13 weeks until summer. I would like to set a goal for myself to lose 1 lb a week until then and be down 13 lbs by summer. It's not a huge goal, but I haven't really lost much weight since getting back on track after the holidays, and I want to get my weight loss kick started again. I'm trying to figure out what to do about working out. I'm thinking about getting a treadmill after we close on the house, so I can walk or jog even if I get home late and when the weather is bad. I prefer to be outside, but the treadmill is better for me than doing nothing at all. I considered getting a gym membership near my work, but that just means I'll be spending more time away from home, and I'm already about at the maximum I can stand.

I hope everyone is having a good, healthy day!

-Alison
  • its_B
    Okay I am literally posting with one food out the door right now, IM ON MY WAY TO GET A HEART RATE MONITOR!!! Which i will employ immediately after purchasing in my work out!! haha!

I just wanted to say Amy, YOU ARE BEAUTIFUL! AND YOU AND ARE GOING TO DO THIS TOGETHER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! DRINK THAT WATER! :P

<3
    B

p.s. everyone is on my mind today, particuarly you Amy and Verda! YOU TWO ARE MY MOTIVATION FOR TODAY!!!
  • Redneckwoman
    Redneckwoman Posts: 668 Member
    Hey Girls

Sorry I went missing. I must thank each and every one of you for all your kind thoughts and sweet words in my moment of dispair. :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: I have been sooo busy the past week and weekend that I haven't even turned on the computer until today. The weather has finally changed here. We are looking at lower to mid 70's this week. I haven't done any dvd workouts since last week but have been walking in the mornings my 3 miles. And of couse my work has been kicking my butt. I know I burned a bunch of calories today. I raked for about 2.5 hours and bagged them and hauled them away. Yesterday Tony and I worked on the flower beds and did alot of planting around here. So it looks like there has been alot going on since last week. Glad to see every one is still checking in on a regular basis. I swear I will stay in touch more.

Have a great night and see you all for check in tomarrow.:flowerforyou:

Kel:heart:
  • its_B
    OMG Sixers I am SWAMPED I have taken over my family's ENTIRE kitchen table, mind you this is no small table! I have PILES of books, paperwork, notes, and homework, plus stuff for Sea Base/my employment, and ASVAB stuff. My goal is to get through EVERYTHING for school for the next two weeks, get all my paperwork (just to give you an idea, i went through over 50 pages while printing everything out) for sea base, and i would like to do two more sections of my ASVAB pre test.... I am going to be busy ALL night long!

BUT before I do any more work i wanted to tell you all about my workout! I GOT MY HEART RATE MONITOR!!! ITs a polar P6, its pink, it has a chest strap, and I LOVE IT! i work it during my entire workout that my personal trainer came up with for me. The entire work out was an and hour and 26 minutes long. My heart rate average was 151 bpm, and the highest rate was 191 bpm. (which i find scary!).... So here is the big unveiling, my calories burned for my workout was 975 calories!!! :noway: :love: :noway:!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I didn't even know i could burn that many!!!!! And I know now during which exorcises my heart rate drops, so that i can do them more aggressively as to keep my heart rate at the optimum burning level (between 135-160 apparently).

i am so excited to have learned all this!!!

Oh and I have eaten soooo well today!!!!!! I have pretty much always been good about staying under calories, but today I ate the RIGHT stuff too!!! Although I am very upset because I didnt have time to make a bento box, which btw i will make time sometime this week to post the picture of the last one i made 2 weeks ago! It was adorable and very tasty. I also haven't picked up more tofu which saddens me. Anways today I ate one activia yogurt and a 1 cup of Special K fruit and yogurt cereal with 2% milk, then for lunch I had home grilled chicken breast with seasoned BBQ sauce (only 1 tablespoon!), and for dinner I would like to just eat baby spinach with cucumbers and some lemon juice. :)

I honestly think i deserve a BIG pat on the back if I can finish today without messing up!! THIS IS A HUGE difference then last week! (I THINK ITS THE PICTURES!!!)

OH! And I bought a new waterbottle, one that shows me the ounces, its a Camelbak and i am already in love with if, I've already drank over 47 oz of water!!!!!!! :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:

Today has been a GREAT day for me health wise, and I can feel my attitude, motivation, and mood changing in such a positive manner, I know it has only been one day, but i am looking forward to my weigh in tomorrow, and for the remainder of this challenge!!!

Wow that was way longer of a post then i thought! haha guess one types more when they are happy/excited!!
    Hope everyone else has had a good monday!!!!
    B
  • fitladyfawkes
    fitladyfawkes Posts: 138 Member
    Hi all:D

I feel really good right now! I traveled "home"(to my parents house) for the weekend. I was a bit nervous because I don't feel as in control of my food choices when I am not at my apartment for the weekend. But in my mind I decided that I would make sure to stay within my calorie count AND go the the gym while I was visiting(I have never gone to the gym while visiting, I usually want to be lazy with my sister and I tell myself that I don't have to workout because I don't get to see my family all that often haha). And I ended up doing both! And I even went for a two mile walk on Sunday with my mom(Sunday is the day that I usually have a break from exercise). I feel great, and I think part of the reason is that I am making these healthy choices a lifestyle, instead of something temporary or something that I just do when I am at home. I feel a change, and such a good one! And I am actually excited about the weigh-in. Hope is such a wonderful thing.
    Just needed to tell someone! My roommates are gone for the week because it is our Spring Break, but I still have to work everyday, so I am here alone(I have to say I am enjoying quite a bit! haha)

I hope everyone's week has started out well!

Heidi:happy: