weight lifting results for women plz!

Replies

• BarbellCowgirl
    BarbellCowgirl Posts: 1,271 Member
    I started with New Rules of Lifting for Women and am almost finished with New Rules Supercharged now. I think Strong Curves will be next.
  • I started with New Rules of Lifting for Women and am almost finished with New Rules Supercharged now. I think Strong Curves will be next.

I'm just starting out, I'm looking into Strong Curves also...not sure what equipment I will need? Kudos to you for your amazing results, I can't wait to start and see change.
  • feltlikesound
    feltlikesound Posts: 326 Member
    5 months lifting 3x a week with sporadic HIIT. For reference, I am 5'3" and in the photo I am approximately 152 lbs.

Photoon2011-04-19at17312.jpg

Unfortunately this was a couple years back, I let it slide, and now I am back to lifting hoping to "re-achieve".
  • keepongoingnmw
    keepongoingnmw Posts: 371 Member
    <----20 months of heavy lifting. Down 40lbs and 5 sizes (from a 16 to 6). I am wearing smaller clothes than when I was 15lbs lighter. I've had cellulite since I was 12 and it is nearly gone. Wish I had started lifting years ago.

Love it! Did you do any cardio? Asking becuase starting new rules when my membership to my fitness class runs out.
  • digitalyssa
    digitalyssa Posts: 112 Member
    Such great stories! Thanks :)
  • anetap2000
    anetap2000 Posts: 116 Member
    I have started weight trening last week and I love it. It is so hard to memorize which exercise should be done what day and how many reps and weight. But but practise makes you perfect right?
    Please friend me if you lift and you eat clean, I would live to see your diary.
    Thanks!
  • jardimgirl
    jardimgirl Posts: 522 Member
    bump
  • lebafit
    lebafit Posts: 23 Member
    Great Work... and butt!
  • Started my lifting a month ago, haven't measured but I have taken pictures so in three months I hope I can see the improvement like you ladies have showed
  • Angimom
    Angimom Posts: 1,463 Member
    bump
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Started lifting in January of last year. I've made some progress, but still have a long way to go.
    February2014sidecomparison_zps60c57530.jpg
  • Suleya
    Suleya Posts: 20
    I started 6 Months ago, Lifting 3x a week (60min) for the first 5 months, now I lift 5x a week (60-80min). I kinda got addicted to the feeling ^-^ The progress so far has been amazing. I started as a really flabby, untoned 52 kilo (115lbs) girl, 66 centimeters waist and no booty.

115lbs -> 108lbs
    Waist 26 inches -> 23.5 inches
    Flat booty -> booty too big for my old pants
    Cellulite is completly gone, but I hadn't that much to start with

I think Lifting is absolutly awesome, you feel stronger and healthier, and I personally think every woman I know who started lifting looks much better and happier :) Also, it's nice to be stronger than my brother, father and guy friends :tongue:
  • Kayciemae02
    Kayciemae02 Posts: 58 Member
    Great job everyone! This post is inspiring!

I just started working out again and have been thinking of doing weight lifting. Is this something I can do at home? I'd like some suggestions on where to start at home... and maybe eventually I can get the gym membership. Thanks!
  • hfester
    hfester Posts: 114 Member
    Bump for later reading. :)
  • Before and after about 5 months of eating all the food and lifting all the things
    417736_10152651802870716_1375719677_n_zps0c2730b6.jpg

And a few months later (now)

2014-02-18145248_zps7d4d3b40.png
  • SunShineBeastess
    SunShineBeastess Posts: 225 Member
    Bump to read later
  • psych101
    psych101 Posts: 1,842 Member

And a few months later (now)

2014-02-18145248_zps7d4d3b40.png

Wow you look incredible! I'm on my way there - bit scared to post my pics tho :blushing:
  • BarbellCowgirl
    BarbellCowgirl Posts: 1,271 Member
    <----20 months of heavy lifting. Down 40lbs and 5 sizes (from a 16 to 6). I am wearing smaller clothes than when I was 15lbs lighter. I've had cellulite since I was 12 and it is nearly gone. Wish I had started lifting years ago.

Love it! Did you do any cardio? Asking becuase starting new rules when my membership to my fitness class runs out.

Other than the HIIT included in the program and some walking, I didn't do any cardio. I have 3 small kids (which does keep me moving a lot!) and I couldnt get myself to go to the gym more than 3X week. Fat loss is all about eating at a deficit. To avoid compromising strength gains and muscle, I ate at a 10%-20% deficit. Some cardio is great if you have cardio-oriented goals or you want to eat more, but I personally didnt need it.
    I now do one Zumba class a week just for fun, not for results.
  • symba1130
    symba1130 Posts: 248 Member
    bump
  • ugh I want to get shredded! But that will mean no M&Ms ever again....ever....and I dont know if I can deal with that.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!