Replies

• AlongCame_Molly
    AlongCame_Molly Posts: 2,835 Member
    Options
    <
  • AlongCame_Molly
    AlongCame_Molly Posts: 2,835 Member
    Options
    ugh I want to get shredded! But that will mean no M&Ms ever again....ever....and I dont know if I can deal with that.

This is completely false. I've gotten to where I am now with cookies, cheesecake, pizza, burgers, and yes, even M&Ms. Stick to a deficit and lift heavy. It's that simple.
  • BarbellCowgirl
    BarbellCowgirl Posts: 1,271 Member
    Options
    ugh I want to get shredded! But that will mean no M&Ms ever again....ever....and I dont know if I can deal with that.

Soooo not true. M&ms (in moderation) will NOT keep you from getting "shredded". I've never gone a day without chocolate. I'm not shredded yet, but I fully intent to be and I won't be giving up my chocolate fix.
  • e_spriya
    e_spriya Posts: 47 Member
    Options

This is completely false. I've gotten to where I am now with cookies, cheesecake, pizza, burgers, and yes, even M&Ms. Stick to a deficit and lift heavy. It's that simple.
    thanks for saying that. I still have hope then. Lol. Chocolate addict and starting to loose faith.
  • allysteven880
    Options
    nice! i am trying but will reach on my exact place soon.
  • docbrox87
    Options
    So I started lifting heavier and more often just a few months ago and although the results aren't totally Arnie Schwarznegger I def feel a difference (see my profile pics). You can also see a small amount of abs progression in my pics in my profile :) You should def get into it! Start small though and progress steadily - I went lifting too heavy too fast and wrecked my shoulder joint
  • gypsyone96
    Options
    If you're looking for a lifting program, you should check out LDNM's 3-day a week program for women.
  • benno1978
    benno1978 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    my PT did a blog on lifiting for women and features one of his female clients - amazing results from lifting heavy:

http://www.m8north.co.uk/blog/the-stigma-behind-female-weight-training-lifting-heavy-weight-will-not-automatically-make-you-a-female-body-builder/
  • nmncare
    nmncare Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    This is amazing. Bump for inspiration!!
  • Srarojas
    Srarojas Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    A year ago I hired a personal trainer (who I still train with) who gave me a diet (which has changed along the way) and weight lifting program. I quit smoking and drinking, lost appx. 10% body fat and went from a size 8 to a small size 2. Prior to that I tried just lifting and cutting calories and only lost one size (size 10 to 8) in six months. You really need the whole package to make it work.
  • Kayciemae02
    Kayciemae02 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    If you're looking for a lifting program, you should check out LDNM's 3-day a week program for women.

^^^^ LDNM is short for... ? I would like to look into this. THanks!
  • rieann84
    rieann84 Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    bumping this thread for its inspiration. i was doing nrolfw a while back but i got all obsessive and overwhelmed with it. i also hated having to bring a small notebook with me to the gym because i couldnt remember the circuit.

now i'm doing a nia shanks program. pretty simple, lifting 3x a week for about 45 min. easy to remember stuff..only 3-4 moves per workout.
  • KelliB3
    KelliB3 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    <
    my profile pic is a before and after pic...it's not the FULL before picture though. Didn't take one! The bigger pic is from August 2012 (wedding day before I got dressed) and the slimmer pic is about a month ago. I started just doing cardio but hit a plateau after loosing my first 5 lbs. I had a session with a friend who is a personal trainer and he gave me a great weight lifting routine so now all I do is lift weights and do spin class twice a week! Lifting weights is AMAZING for getting the pounds off and firming up the flab!
  • honeyspot1
    honeyspot1 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Srarojas: Would you share the diet your personal trainer recommended?
  • SpeedyonMFP
    Options
    I have some advice ladies. Bodies don't tone and spot reduction doesn't exist. You either make muscle or you don't. Women don't need to train differently than men do. A specialized women's program is a waste of time as it underestimates women. Muscle is muscle regardless of gender. Get off the scale if you're going to lift because the scale is worthless and will draw confusion. The more muscle worked in one exercise the better. I.E., Dead Lifts and Squats. There's a lot of information that will mislead you and waste your time. Lift 3X a week and you'll be good. Don't try to up it because it can hurt your results. Give each muscle group a week to recover and you'll thank me. You won't bulk up like a dude so lift heavy.Lifting low weight high reps do nothing bu maintain the same muscle needed for that particular weight. Don't get lost in the supplement and whey protien rabbit hole. You don't need it if you eat good. Eat like a bodybuilder. I recommend a cutting phase approach if your goal is to build muscle and lose fat. High amounts of protein with lower calories is the secret. Eat a cheat meal or two a week to keep you sane.

Learn how to lift properly from someone who's been lifting for a minimum of a year without injury. Most of the bodybuilders speaking about supplements are sponsored by those companies. Basic supplements are good. Same ones you would take if you weren't lifting are good enough.

Here's an example of a cutting program for a female.Cutting=cutting fat and while maintaining muscle. IMO her lifting program sucks since her muscle groups are divided in an unnecessary way. I like killing as much birds with one stone when possible Here eating plan is flawless though. .
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/felicia-romero-cutting-program.html

She eats a total of 1049 calories a day!!! Now don't be scared of her low daily calorie count. She's not hungry since she's eating 150 G of protein a day!!!!! Look at how low her carb intake is.

I hope this helps. Please let me know if you have questions and I'll be happy to answer them.
  • JVandesteeg
    JVandesteeg Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    *bump!
  • nomorebingesgirl2014
    Options
    Bump
  • kmb1282
    kmb1282 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Bump*
  • bobbinalong
    bobbinalong Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    In for the win!
  • MelsAuntie
    MelsAuntie Posts: 2,833 Member
    Options
    For me, weight lifting means getting the hay off the trailer, into the haybarn, and stacked, and the 50-lb. feed bags unloaded from the car, carried into the grain room, and dumped into two chest-type freezers. Results; getting the work done while keeping up muscular strength. :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!