Hungry every 2 to 3 hours

2»

Replies

• Does it actually say 1200 on your daily limit, or are you going by when you finish your journal entry and it says that you're consuming too few calories? Because at 5'3" 250 lbs, 1200 is WAY too low of a limit. I'd say change it to 1500-1600 for awhile, you'll still lose the weight!
  • HokieMama4
    HokieMama4 Posts: 112 Member
    I eat 6 times a day: Breakfast, morning snack, lunch, afternoon snack, dinner, evening snack. I'm currently eating 1300-1700cals a day and burning 300-600 most days. I try to net right at 1200.
  • Firefox7275
    Firefox7275 Posts: 2,040 Member
    have you set your activity level correctly?

I set it to 60 minutes a week of working out (that means going to "Curves" twice a week).

Are you doing anything else, your 10000 steps a day for example? What level have you set it to - sedentary, lightly active?
  • katiefridley
    katiefridley Posts: 151 Member
    I think this is normal as you are probably choosing naturally low calorie foods if you are seeking out healthier options. A little hunger is okay, just don't let it go too long. Have a healthy snack! Up your calories if ti becoming a problem.
  • gaylynn35
    gaylynn35 Posts: 854 Member
    You are doing right by eating every 2-3 hours. I eat around 1200-1400 calories a day and I have 3 meals and usually 3 snacks. It is good for you to eat less more frequently than to eat a whole lot at one sitting. Just keep doing what you are doing.:smile:
  • zagrath769
    zagrath769 Posts: 44 Member
    have you set your activity level correctly?

I set it to 60 minutes a week of working out (that means going to "Curves" twice a week).

What level have you set it to - sedentary, lightly active?

I have COPD (lung disease) and am on oxygen 24/7 so I knew I'd only be able to go to Curves and work out 2 (3 at the most) times a week for 1/2 an hour each time (that's all they allow). I set my activity level to Sedentary.