Do people not log fruit and vegetables?

1234568»

Replies

• tndejong
    tndejong Posts: 463
    some people may actually believe that fruits and veggies do not have calories? i really dont ask too many questions about other peoples diaries. i only view them to get ideas on what to eat. i do know on the weight watchers diet before. not sure now. but many fruits and veggies are freebies. so maybe they follow that?
  • I think she was just asking to find out how people are logging/keeping their journals. I think it was more of a "how-to" kind of question; I don't believe she was trying to pry. And I can understand that it might be easier to ask a question to a general group instead of to an individual; sometimes people get defensive and think that you are implying something when you're really just curious.
  • SoozeE512
    SoozeE512 Posts: 439 Member
    I log all of my fruits and vegetables. MFP would get mad when I'd "Complete This Entry" if I didn't log all my fruits and veggies 'cause then it would tell me I'm not eating enough.
  • quill16
    quill16 Posts: 373 Member
    Fruit is missing from my diet because of the extra sugar and I was pre-diabetic before I lost the weight. When I do eat fruit or too much of it, which for me is more than 1 serving a week I have "problems". I get plenty of veggies which give me the fiber I need to keep things "moving".
  • supplemama
    supplemama Posts: 1,956 Member
    I log my fruit and veggies!
  • tldust
    tldust Posts: 103 Member
    I log in everything including my fruits and veggies. The typical American diet does not include a whole lot of fruits and veggies. My guess is they're not eating them.
  • RhonndaJ
    RhonndaJ Posts: 1,615 Member
    I log everything, but there are times when there are very few fruit or veg in my day, not the best I know, but so it goes. Sometimes I overload on fruits and veg.
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    i don't log ketchup and cocksauce.

Oh my. This certainly got me thinking. I, on the other hand, do log ketchup.
  • NRSPAM
    NRSPAM Posts: 961 Member
    My goodness! Is there a lot of people PMS-ing, or what? So many negative responses! It's just a simple question! She probably doesn't want to ask every single one of her friends why they're not logging fruits n veggies! To answer your question, although, I'm pretty sure it's already been answered. Some people are probably not eating them, but most of them are probably just not logging them. I thought about whether I should or not, but I am logging them...for now. If dieting makes you folks ill, maybe you should increase your calories, or something! :heart:
  • Depends on the fruit and veggies. Bananas (~100 calories) get logged, but lettuce does not. If you're just getting started it's good to log everything to get a real idea of how many calories each has but you can easily get bogged down (and discouraged) if you log the lettuce, 1/4 tomato, 1/4 cucumber, 1/8 red onion, 1/8 carrot you eat too. Yes, it adds up, but if that's what I have for a meal, I just log the dressing and call it a day.
  • Also, I tend not to use oil/salt etc when I'm cooking but I would log that aspect if I did.
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    I eat both vegetables: ketchup AND salt!

But seriously, I started out "not counting" them toward my calories for the day (before MFP) because I've never been a big fan and it helped me steer toward them long enough to turn it into more of a habit. Now if I get the munchies I want to reach for a cucumber or carrot or broccoli instead of a candy bar.
  • Micahroni84
    Micahroni84 Posts: 452 Member
    They either don't eat them or they don't log them

Okay, thanks.

Hahaha!
  • dovetail22uk
    dovetail22uk Posts: 339 Member
    I log everything, also. Even if its a little 14 calorie candy...maybe a little obsessive, but im addicted to MFP.

Same!

I'm going to start asking questions to my friends. But nicely. Surely that's what friends are for - to help, support and encourage... and sometimes question.
  • MummyTina29
    MummyTina29 Posts: 60 Member
    you gotta love a sprout at xmas time :laugh:
  • maryjay52
    maryjay52 Posts: 557 Member
    i log all my fruits and vegetables ..but if i have egg whites and i throw in a tbl of onion and or red bell pepper i dont log that..i rarely log condiments because i dont abuse them