Makeup in the gym. Where do you stand?

Replies

• Cait_Sidhe
    Cait_Sidhe Posts: 3,150 Member
    This has been discussed. A lot. Personally, if I'm already wearing makeup when I get to the gym I see no reason to wash it off since I am not prone to breakouts and don't care what others think. But I don't put on makeup just to go to the gym.
  • fuzzieme
    fuzzieme Posts: 454 Member
    I enter the gym, head down, music on. Often I close my eyes too. I'm there to enjoy the satisfying release. I leave, head down. I've never had a conversation in the gym with another member, just a few short sentences with staff. Shower, the <poof> I'm gone. As far as I'm concerned, nobody cares
  • homerjspartan
    homerjspartan Posts: 1,893 Member
    I believe women should always look their best.. Nothing looks more trashy then woman sloggin through walmart in a pair of sweats, uggs, and her husbnds tee shirt.... Put some effort into yourself and your husband won't have as much of a reason to be looking elsewhere....

I get up and immediately put my makeup on.... It doesn't take 5 mins to slip on a normal shirt and a pair of jeans..It may even take less effort then riffling around in your husbands closet to raid his over sized clothing....

I see nothing wrong with women wearing makeup to the gym...Now I do find it sad when she doesn't wear waterproof mascara and she's got coon eyes...bless her heart, she tried....

You are suggesting that a lack of "effort" in clothing choices gives someone's husband a justifiable reason to "to be looking elsewhere"?

Judging others for not wearing make up or not dressing in a way that you approve is just as bad as judging them for wearing make up. I don't need your warped view of what a woman should be wearing or putting on her face to feel good about myself.

It does give complete permission. One day last year my wife forgot her eyeliner and I immediately had sex with 3 of her friends.
  • I wear BB cream and some mascara, I see people in the gym with false eyelashes the works!! I think that is a little to far
  • F1uffy123
    F1uffy123 Posts: 121 Member
    I don't put make up on to go to the gym - however I don't take it off before I go to the gym if I have it on from work etc...I don't really think about it too much!

This for me.
  • bearwith
    bearwith Posts: 525 Member
    Just another thing to worry about and it will clog your pores so you are not going to sweat properly. Whole point of going to the gym is to look and feel better on the inside - make up is superficial.
  • Feisty_Red
    Feisty_Red Posts: 982 Member
    I normally re-apply half way between work outs...as well as do some hair touch ups. I'm there to look my best..:wink:
  • Mikkimeow
    Mikkimeow Posts: 1,282 Member
    I believe women should always look their best.. Nothing looks more trashy then woman sloggin through walmart in a pair of sweats, uggs, and her husbnds tee shirt.... Put some effort into yourself and your husband won't have as much of a reason to be looking elsewhere....

I get up and immediately put my makeup on.... It doesn't take 5 mins to slip on a normal shirt and a pair of jeans..It may even take less effort then riffling around in your husbands closet to raid his over sized clothing....

I see nothing wrong with women wearing makeup to the gym...Now I do find it sad when she doesn't wear waterproof mascara and she's got coon eyes...bless her heart, she tried....

You are suggesting that a lack of "effort" in clothing choices gives someone's husband a justifiable reason to "to be looking elsewhere"?

Judging others for not wearing make up or not dressing in a way that you approve is just as bad as judging them for wearing make up. I don't need your warped view of what a woman should be wearing or putting on her face to feel good about myself.

It does give complete permission. One day last year my wife forgot her eyeliner and I immediately had sex with 3 of her friends.

haha! What a man! Well, your wife had it coming. Shame on her for forgetting to wear eye liner.
  • mruntidy
    mruntidy Posts: 1,015 Member
    My gym frowned upon me wearing make up in the gym, i need to look good n everything *snaps fingers sucks teeth*
  • I'll admit I find it a little strange when people are there with fake eyelashes and fully glossed lips, however it doesn't affect me in any way, nor them unless it is causing them to dab their running eyes. So each to their own. I'm usually wearing some concealer, mascara and vaseline for dry lips because I come straight from college, so I do too. :)
  • ValerieMartini2Olives
    ValerieMartini2Olives Posts: 3,024 Member
    I personally think it's silly to be make up faced if you're at the gym. I would be worried that my sweat would be smearing it everywhere. But if it works for you, go for it.
  • ShannonECTD
    ShannonECTD Posts: 203 Member
    I sweat way too much to wear makeup at the gym. I do occasionally curl my eyelashes and put on a little mascara and some clear lip balm.
  • Jen32285
    Jen32285 Posts: 281 Member
    I would wear makeup, but it's because I would've just gotten off of work. On Saturday mornings, I wouldn't of had any on. I workout at home now, so it doesn't matter.
  • CherokeeBabe
    CherokeeBabe Posts: 1,704 Member
    Never worn makeup to a gym, but I wear lipstick and lipgloss when I talk my 2-3 mile walk/jog 3-5 times a week. Just makes me feel more presentable.
  • wannabtight
    wannabtight Posts: 187 Member
    Depends if I go early morning or later on in the day.
  • Its kinda unhealthy for your skin, as it blocks your pores even more. I dont do that.

And if you would work hard enought, it would melt of your skin with sweat. Is that really attractive?

But hey, whatever floats yout boat, I dont care anyway
  • BamsieEkhaya
    BamsieEkhaya Posts: 657 Member
    If I've had make up on during the day likelihood is I'll forget to take it off going to the gym...sometimes I remove it (If I remember)

not one for false lashes etc just foundation, blush and mascarra (if it's not waterproof it's coming off...or else it'll come off after gym session in the shower !)
  • Always do what makes you feel the most confident in your own skin.
    I wear more natural make-up when going to the gym and little eye make-up but it's still there.
    I go to the gym for me and not others around me.
    :)
  • joncowling1988
    joncowling1988 Posts: 7 Member
    Who cares what you do or don't wear to the gym (within reason), it's a personal choice. People should be concentrating on their own workouts instead of looking closely enough at you to know if you're wearing makeup.
  • deceived1
    deceived1 Posts: 281 Member
    I'm not saying that you can't/shouldn't do what you want or what feels good, but wearing make-up to the gym is absolutely retarded.