Short 5 feet ladies... what is your goal weight?

Replies

• iHeartYammy
    iHeartYammy Posts: 21 Member
    I'm 5'3" and started in December at 170lbs (at my heaviest weight) . My goal was to reach 130 by this month, but I am currently 140. The closer you get to your goal the harder it becomes. Once I get to 130 though I may shoot for 126 which is the size I was 6 years ago. For me though anything smaller than that makes me look too skinny.
  • chelseascounter
    chelseascounter Posts: 1,283 Member
    I'm really short! at 4'10"

my gw is 95 lbs

my starting weight was 117 lbs

my current weight is 97 lbs :smile:
  • mjones6599
    mjones6599 Posts: 129
    Started at 205, currently at 133. Goal weight is 125 ~ dab smack in the middle of my BMI
  • irism211
    irism211 Posts: 5
    Hi All,

I'm 5'0 and currently 160 started at 165 3 weeks ago. My current goal is 140 and once I hit that see how I feel. At my lowest point which was in high school was 128 and for me I felt to skinny so I think I want to go no lower then 135. I'm 23 years old and mainly want to get rid of the tummy and some off the thighs. I have pretty large breast and literally a Kim K butt! Lol and I kinda don't want to lose it with the weight loss :)
  • camila_scl
    camila_scl Posts: 238 Member
    5'2 goal weight 122-116
  • giveMEbeauty
    giveMEbeauty Posts: 192
    Bump
  • hotmomma0612
    hotmomma0612 Posts: 651 Member
    I am 5'3" and 211 pounds. Goal is 140 pounds.
  • giveMEbeauty
    giveMEbeauty Posts: 192
    Fellow shortie here. I'm 4ft 11
  • bnorris2013
    bnorris2013 Posts: 256 Member
    When I was 18 I lost a bunch of weight and was down to 160-165 - I was around a size 12 and felt Great and looked great at that weight so that is my first goal - Now if I can get smaller then that well I guess I wouldn't mind - I have rather large breasts so I don't want to get so small that it looks funny so once I get around a size 12 what ever weight that might be I will relook at where I am at and see what I want to do
  • mojosalsa
    mojosalsa Posts: 3 Member
    I am 5ft 1. I my heaviest was 237, right now I am at 224, and honestly, I am not worried about my weight.
    I have a thick, muscular body type. When I was in highschool, I weighed 175, and I could bench 200 and leg press the max weights we had in our gym, and two girls sitting on the bench. Even as big as I am now, I can still feel those muscles, and still lift, pull and push heavy weights without much effort. So I know I will never ever be 120, which is what we 5 footies are supposed to be. I think I weighed 120 in 7th grade.

My goal is to be a size 10 (I am a size 18 now) and to get rid of my jiggle. I don't care how much I weigh. At 175, in highschool, I still had pudge, although I was a size 14. I think I will be happy at a size 10.

I am starting to do the nerd fitness beginner body weight workouts, with the goal of eventually switching over to barbell training.
    If you ladies haven't read this story yet, yall need to stop what you're doing right now and read it!
    http://www.nerdfitness.com/blog/2011/07/21/meet-staci-your-new-powerlifting-super-hero/

(if the link fails for whatever reason, google "nerdfitness spezzy"
  • Used to be 5'1" and a little bit, and anyone who is under 5'5" knows that little bit means ALOT. Now I've lost the little bit and an inch besides. So it's 5 feet and starting weight 173 lbs. Need to get out of the obese section on the BMI, not looking to get to normal because I don't think I'd look all that great in that section 130-135 would be satisfactory, I've been there and liked the look for me.
  • tonithetiger25
    tonithetiger25 Posts: 1 Member
    I am 5"1"...my goal is 130 to 125..I am currently 160
  • KarmaKills
    KarmaKills Posts: 99 Member
    I'm 5'1 and would like to see 110 again. Almost there!
  • I am 5' 3" and my goal is 115 pounds. I just joined today and I weigh 165 pounds.
  • Savendra
    Savendra Posts: 10 Member
    Hello everyone! I'm 5'1" and when I began my weight loss journey on May 5th, 2013 I weighed at 225lbs. My goal is to lose 95-100lbs and weigh anywhere between 125-130lbs.

Since I first started I've been working hard, making the right choices with my diet by eating more fruits and veggies, whole grains, lean meats, learning about how much I need to eat versus how much I want to eat, and introducing exercise into my lifestyle.

I am proud to say I now weigh 207lbs, having dropped 18lbs, and I'm ready to continue down this road to achieve my goal.
  • 20kb13
    20kb13 Posts: 161
    I am 5'2" and my goal weight is around 130-140 but I am not setting an absolute weight.... when I get closer to my goal I will decide based on how I feel about how I look and how I feel about my fitness level. I'm not going to allow a chart to tell me where I should be... if I reach something I am satisfied with and it keeps me in the overweight BMI range than so be it... all that matters is how I feel and how healthy I am.
  • pinkcowss
    pinkcowss Posts: 16 Member
    120... Once I hit 120 ill be going for toning more and maybe try for 110lbs again im 5'5
  • Sparlingo
    Sparlingo Posts: 938 Member
    I'm 5'0", 109 lbs right now. I look pretty good but still have a bit of flab. . . I think that around 105 lbs or so would be alright, but I'm not hung up on the numbers. I plan on shifting more of my workout time toward my strength training and a little less toward my cardio and see if I can build me some muscle :smile:.

So I think I'll eat closer to maintenance now, up the protein, and lift more and see what happens!

I'd post a pic of me at 111 for reference for any other 5'0" girls, but I've hit my bandwidth limit with photobucket and refuse to pay them money :grumble:.
  • I'm 5' 2". My goal weight is 135 - 140. Because of my age I don't think I'd look good if I lost anymore weight. My starting weight was 177. It's been a week and I've lost 6lbs. Just hoping to lose about 2lbs per week.
  • sharonfoustmills
    sharonfoustmills Posts: 519 Member
    at 5'2" the charts tell me I need to reach 135 to get inside the healthy weight range- I'll see how it looks when I get anywhere near there
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!