How not to say, "Hey! You look fat! Come diet with me!"

2»

Replies

• MartialAngel
    MartialAngel Posts: 64 Member
    DO NOT SUGGEST MFP TO PEOPLE WHO ARE NOT ALREADY TALKING TO YOU ABOUT FITNESS AND/OR DIET AND/OR WEIGHTLOSS.

simple.

Also, NEVER ask a stranger if she was pregnant. Happened to me quite a few times it's another one of those things that I think everyone OUGHT to know better....but apparently they do not.

No, I wasn't pregnant.

Similar situation for me. I had been pregnant in the past, gave birth. My daughter was 10 months old and I hadn't started losing weight yet, and I saw an old teacher from high school. She told me congrats on my daughter, then asked when the second one was due. I said " Actually I'm just fat, still..." lol wasn't trying to be mean, but there are other ways to ask about the possible "other baby". You could ask if we have any other plans for more children in the future. Then I could've said "actually one on the way!" if I was indeed pregnant, or "well, this one is enough for now", or "we plan on having more, but we don't want to start trying til this one is 2. She's all we have for now."
  • MartialAngel
    MartialAngel Posts: 64 Member
    On a side note.
    I don't ever suggest it to anyone specifically. I Talk all the time about how well it is working for me, just because I am proud of the direction my body is going. I highlight all of the great aspects of the site, and if the person is interested, they will check it out on their own. If someone asks if I know of Amy good sites or ways to lose weight, I always suggest this site.
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,474 Member
    there really is a lot more to it then that,,,,,, its all about a whole combined lifestyle,,,,,its not just the exercise, its not just the food,,, i have gained so many wonderful friends on here! they really are special!
  • Built_Strong
    Built_Strong Posts: 114 Member
    I tell everyone about MFP whether they're looking to lose weight or not. It's a great tool to track your intake and actually SEE what you're eating. It's an eye-opener to people who want to be healthier. I have people ask me for advice frequently and always mention MFP. But I rarely mention weight loss, I always focus on being healthy.