Do you think 2240 calories is a good idea?

124»

Replies

• 120weeks
    120weeks Posts: 242 Member
    I also have 50 pounds to lose still so I agree that 2240 is good place to start. You will have so much energy to do your workouts and there is very little that you can't incorporate into your meal plan. He is setting you up to have successes and victories. I'd go with it and I'd stick with it. There are no red flags going up for me that he is trying to keep your business :flowerforyou: . If at the 4 weeks you are not happy, then the plan will change. You will not lose 2 pounds a week though (highly unlikely) but that probably wasn't your goal. Ultimately you should learn to eat so that you never have to "lose weight" again.

Good luck! I am 223 eating 1830. I eat over 130 grams of protein most days (easily). I lift more than I do cardio but I do workout 5-6 hours a week. I wear a fitbit so I know what my TDEE is every day and shoot for a 500 cal deficit every day. Some days are more, some days are less but over a week, it evens out. I need to eat to maintain my energy! Oh, and there is very little I deprive myself of. If I go out to eat, I plan on eating 1000 calories and I still have lots of cals throughout the day. It's a great way to live and it's satisfying too.

Hope this helps!
  • 1ConcreteGirl
    1ConcreteGirl Posts: 3,677 Member
    Don't listen to your body. I suggest science as a useful alternative.

Stawwwwwppp!

I'm liking this good cop/bad cop routine we have going.
  • AngryDiet
    AngryDiet Posts: 1,349 Member
    Don't listen to your body. I suggest science as a useful alternative.

Stawwwwwppp!

Are you always this helpful? Because I'm liking the tag team.

In truth, sometimes, very rarely mind you, I can be a bit facetious.

EDIT: OMG SPELLING