Terrified Newbie here. Hi all!

13»

Replies

• tracieangeletti
    tracieangeletti Posts: 432 Member
    fear not and ignore silly gym boys.

have you got aerobics steps at the gym? they'd be good to put the empty bar on to start off with :)

and after watching the videos, have a go!

Never even thought of an aerobics step, what an awesome idea! Going to spend this weekend looking at the links and I'm going to attempt to try it on Monday. Really sorta shocked at how intimidated I am about doing this. :-/
  • jstout365
    jstout365 Posts: 1,686 Member
    fear not and ignore silly gym boys.

have you got aerobics steps at the gym? they'd be good to put the empty bar on to start off with :)

and after watching the videos, have a go!

Never even thought of an aerobics step, what an awesome idea! Going to spend this weekend looking at the links and I'm going to attempt to try it on Monday. Really sorta shocked at how intimidated I am about doing this. :-/

You can also stack plates up to the level (about 8.5 inches) that you would be at if a 45lb plate were on it if you can't find the step risers you need.

I know it can be intimidating doing something new. Especially when there seems to be so many people saying don't do it because of pure ignorance. The fear will subside in time as you become more familiar with the workout and the equipment. Watch the videos and remember that you have another outlet for questions. If you have questions about your own form, you can make a video of it and post it here for comment. There are a lot of very knowledgable ladies in here and I have learned a lot from them. Remember, you are doing this for you. Don't let party-poopers cause you to not start something that will make you a stronger person.