Introduce yourself

Replies

• Hi, I just join MFP and looking for individual that are reaching for the same goals with the negative views.
    Hope to hear from everyone. Goal is to reach my 42lbs lost by Oct. 2013. We can do this...let's help each other!
  • MartinaNYC
    MartinaNYC Posts: 190 Member
    Hi Carissa :) i am Marissa :) I have always played the calorie game to drop the pounds.. i recently dropped the cal intake to 1200 and it is a bit difficult but i am hoping to see resuts soon! i have friends who do not agree with the 1200 calorie goal as they say the body feeds off of energy and while this makes total sense i am pretty sure all of my excess weight provides me with plenty of energy to drop the current weight- so let's see how this trial goes??? wish me luck and thank you for creation of this group- success stories are always inspirational :)

...good luck :wink: I'm sure you'll make it!!!
  • Hello, my name is Dakota. Just joined MFP today. Little nervous about holding myself accountable but after the doctor appointment yesterday and having my weight thrown in my face, I am ready to make a change. I don't know too much about this site but I hope to learn as I shrink. I'm on a 1200 calorie diet. Motivating myself to get up early in the morning to workout and sticking to a healthier diet are going to be my obstacles. Fingers crossed by June 1st I've reached my goal of 46 pounds gone :)
  • Hi I am new to the site and am really hoping to gain some support and friendship whilst loosing a bit of weight and toning up in a healthy way.I have battled anorexia in the past and not had a healthy relationship with food .I have just had my 4 th baby 7 months ago and would like to return to my pre pregnancy weight (need to loose half a stone) however i dont want to start starving myself as it is very unhealthy for my mind but more importantly is i really want to gain a healthy relationship and attitude towards food.I really hope by using this site and i can meet some like minded people and get some support .I do struggle with will power and am terrible for sweet things because of my past eating habbits ai have a tendency to go on extreme diets for a short amount of time then cave in and eat utter crap! iam sure there are many who can identify with that.
    I have naturally lost over a stone since i gave birth and on a no carb diet i got down to 8 stone before xmas....but its gone back on so i have realised i need to approach this differently as a long term healthy eating plan,if you like!I I dont know if there is any one else who have a similar small weightloss goal that would like to team up for support?
    So, worring about my weight is taking over my life and getting me down i am at a point where i dont want other people to see me so i mostly stay at home! New attitude and new start today i am not gonna let eating disorders beat me again !I have too much good in my life
    Thanks for reading :) x
  • UrbanLotus
    UrbanLotus Posts: 1,163 Member
    Hi everyone! I'm Sai and I've struggled with being chubby/overweight my whole life - and as a result have always been on some kind of diet (herbalife, xenadrine, slim fast, weight watchers, you name it!). Eventually I just gave up and ate what I wanted and didn't exercise - it was always so hard for me to lose and I just didn't want to care anymore. I also was diagnosed with a bunch of vitamin deficiences and insulin resistance, so these all play a factor in my weight problem.

Anyway, I finally bought a scale and saw that I was over 200lbs - it took me a while to get over the shock but I've decided to try again and thought i would use MFP this time, since a 1200 calorie diet is probably the only thing that would work for me. I have an extremely slow metabolism so things like just eating healthy or unprocessed or low carb do NOT work for me. I see no problem with 1200 calories, I feel good and I'm not hungry.

3 weeks ago, I started at 207.2, did a smoothie cleanse for 3 days to jump start and have been using MFP ever since. Today I weighed myself and am 199.6!! SO GLAD to be under 200lbs! I have a long way to go but its a start, and I hope that joining a community here will help me keep my motivation!
  • mollydt
    mollydt Posts: 19 Member
    Hello!

My name is Molly, I'm 20, and I'm hoping to lose 40 pounds! I've already lost 3.6, so I'm on my way! I'm working on 1200 calories a day, eating clean, exercising for half an hour a day, and cutting out processed foods! I'm also thinking of going vegan. I'd love to talk to more people losing weight and living a healthy and balanced lifestyle!
  • cara91997
    cara91997 Posts: 8 Member
    Hi all. I just joined MFP a little over a week ago. When I entered my height, weight, goal weight, MFP gave me a 1200 calorie plan. I don't quite understand why there seems to be such negativity about 1200 calories. I didn't choose that calorie range, that is what MFP gave me when I entered my info.

I am 35 years old and have a solid 40 lbs to lose. The weight seems to have crept up on my in my 30's and I am bound and determined to get it off for good! I work out 4-5 times per week. The weight was not coming off. Once I started tracking it on MFP it finally started moving. I am hoping to meet other people with similar weight goals to help motivate me. Please feel free to add me as a friend! I can use the encouragement.
  • srm1960
    srm1960 Posts: 281 Member
    :blushing: :blushing:

Hi all-

I am secretly obsessed with this site-I love my MFP friends here-they are so supported & feed my soul-i"ve stopped munching @ night, cause I'm on this site with my laptop all night-LOL-no time to eat empty calories-Welcome aboard-I am a twice WW life-timer too-but definetly love the feedback here instead of WW- :heart:
  • sondooby
    sondooby Posts: 19 Member
    Hi there

I have been using MFP for the last 3 1/2 weeks and was initially on 1200 calories as advised by MFP. I lost consistently for the first few weeks and got to 6 pound loss. However, due to obsessionally reading posts and advice I upped this to 1410 (calculated with tree). Since increasing this I have gained 2 pounds back and am therefore going back down to 1200. I have done weight watchers in the past and this worked well......I worked out roughly what my calorie allowance was (40 calls per 1 pro point) and it came out around the 1200. Weight Watchers is endorsed by the NHS as part of it's weight management scheme and therefore I feel this is a good indication that a 1200 cal diet is the healthiest and realistic way to go - with healthy choices and eating habits being the priority!!!!!!

Starting weight 161pounds, target is 136 pounds - come on!!!!!!!
  • sondooby
    sondooby Posts: 19 Member
    Hi Sai79

Awesome weight loss, keep up the hard work and it WILL pay off. MFP is an excellent community - look forward to hearing your progress.

XX
  • deena7369
    deena7369 Posts: 2 Member
    Hi All! My name is Deena and like many here I am a newbie. I decided to join myfitnesspal because I just wasn't cutting it on my own. I would lose and gain the same 10 to 20lbs over and over again. What I wasn't doing before was counting calories. When I started logging what I ate I realized I wasn't eating enough calories (between 800-1000 calories a day) and was basically starving myself. That was a huge eye opener for me. No wonder I was always hungry and could only eat like that for a couple of months before I would say forget it! Now I am still trying to figure the whole calorie counting thing out, but I am getting much closer to the 1200 calorie mark. The first week was the hardest when I cut out sugar! Now I am feeling really great and have the energy to start walking more. I am looking to add weight training to my workout. Baby steps. I think my husband is a little freaked out. He is such a meat and potato kind of guy. He can eat anything he wants and not gain. He is trying to be supportive. I am hopeful this time will be different. This is also my first time reaching out to others. Before I have always been afraid of failure and found it easier to just not tell people I was trying. Anyway, enough rambling...I wanted to say hello and that I enjoy reading everyones posts. Very inspiring!
  • monikadanielak
    monikadanielak Posts: 6 Member
    Hi everyone, I'm Monika, from the UK originally but now living in France.

I lost about 3 stone back in 2011 (1 stone = 14 pounds), by reducing my calorie intake to around 1200, walking my dogs everyday and cutting out snacking and alcohol. Unfortunately without a support network and a bit of a blow out over Christmas - that involved A LOT of snacking on nuts and chocolate coated raisins, some of this weight has crept back.

I've found that keeping a food diary is the most effective way for me to lose weight, so after a recommendation from a friend, here I am on MFP, and here I am in the 1200 Club, after reading some of the negative posts on the main forum.

I just want to fit back into my jeans and feel comfortable in my shape again; and I know I can let it all slide by becoming complacent about my eating.

Well done everyone on their weight loss success stories that I have read so far, and good luck to everyone starting out.
  • DebbieLyn63
    DebbieLyn63 Posts: 2,650 Member
    Hi, I am 49, 5'6" and very sedentary, even with my 3-4 days of exercise, so I try to stay around 1200 total average. I started back in August at 228 and shot for around 1100 and I lost 30 pounds by Christmas. Thru the holidays I ate more, and gained a couple of pounds, and it took a couple of weeks to get those off and start losing again. I am eating between 1200-1300 now and am not losing as quickly as I was, but still moving in the right direction. My intention now is to try to have a couple of days where I stay below 1100, but I'm not doing too well on that plan. lol. I am also not 100% accurate on my measuring, etc, so I am sure that I probably have 100 or so hidden calories in my day.
    I have some disabilities due to spinal injuries and autoimmune arthritis, but I am able to ride my recumbent bikes, indoor and an outside 3 wheeler when the weather is nice. I also like to do Wii games, boxing, Wii Fit, etc, and I just got the Gold's Gym cardio workout that I will be trying out today.

It is so nice that you starting this group, where those of us who know our bodies and its needs, can connect without all the hatred and insults.

Thanks
  • kgal41
    kgal41 Posts: 17
    Hello everyone! I am here trying to escape the negativity on some of the other boards about eating at 1200. Today I had an appointment with my doctor. I currently take Lupron injections to combat endometriosis. (I'm having a hysterectomy this summer). Weight gain is a common complaint with this medication and I am trying my best to combat that! I just asked her to lay it on the line with me about what kind of weight loss goal she thought would be appropriate for me, and the best path to take in order to reach it. She told me, in no uncertain terms, that what is most successful for her patients is a 1200 calorie/day diet.
    I love and trust my doctor and that is good enough for me to end any and all doubts I may have had about embarking on this particular journey. Thanks in advance for your support!
  • imadyer
    imadyer Posts: 145 Member
    Hi! I'm Katie in Nashville. Anyone in the 1200 Club, feel free to add me!
  • I also have a hard time reach 1200 Calories - seems I get full on such little amount of food. Any ideas on what I can eat to get the calories up?
  • I found that out too Denise. When we starve ourselves & don't eat much, it makes our body hang on to everything we eat because it thinks we are in starvation mode. I am finder the earlier I eat the faster it starts my metabolism. Good luck! Ret
  • mindovercakes
    mindovercakes Posts: 102 Member
    Hey peeps - I'm Anna, hail from London and am also eating around 1,200 cals/day. I'm quite.. ahem... what's the word? Petite? Small? Short-arsed? You get the point ;) So every extra bit of weight really does show :mad: I run and have just started the 30-day Shred to hopefully tone up some. Feel free to add me :)

Axx
  • kgal41
    kgal41 Posts: 17
    Hey peeps - I'm Anna, hail from London and am also eating around 1,200 cals/day. I'm quite.. ahem... what's the word? Petite? Small? Short-arsed? You get the point ;) So every extra bit of weight really does show :mad: I run and have just started the 30-day Shred to hopefully tone up some. Feel free to add me :)

Axx
    I also run and I'm on day 4 of the 30-Day Shred. I will add you! :smile:
  • margieparkins
    margieparkins Posts: 591 Member
    hello everyone, I am from Australia, its been an interesting journey so far to say the least but I am winning. I am getting use to 1200 cals a day now, some days are good and some not. I am eating normal every day foods, I have to learn portion control, I always have too much and I know it so that is my challenge.