CALLING ALL TALL GIRLS!!!!

Replies

• HeidibooJB
    HeidibooJB Posts: 62 Member
    Hello all! For the first time, I'm the short one in the room :smile: . I'm 5'8", and small boned, and have always felt like I look like a lumberjack next to my petite friends. Some pics are hilarious....not!
    I started out at 202+ lbs after an injury and back surgery, and have slowly taken them off over the last 6 years with exercise. I found MFP in October, and have taken off an additional 18lbs. My goal weight is 142 (to make my loss that magical 60lbs) and to tone. I'm cursed with a horrid apple shape, and my children took a toll on my midsection, so I have some serious abdominal work to do, but I'm getting there. After pics will come when I hit my goal. You all are such an inspiration. Thanks for sharing :flowerforyou:
  • Don't you all look so much happier in the lighter pictures - stunningly healthy and beautiful ladies. It's hard though, I know but the end results are so worth it.

I'm 47, 5.8 and started at around 190 - now 152. Want to be about 145 so half a stone to go. It's taken me since May 17th last year but now I can fit into ordinary clothes, in ordinary shops it's all worth it. I used to hate having to flick to the back of the rails to see if there were any size 20's in there (knowing I would look awful in them anyway).

Add me please as I'm struggling with this last half stone - thanks
  • katekross
    katekross Posts: 463 Member
    I'm 5'10" and 210 pounds... aiming for around 175 or 170.
  • wbandel
    wbandel Posts: 530 Member
    I'm 5'11", feel free to add me.

SW: 247
    CW: 188
    GW: 165
  • Holla if you're talla! I'm not even as tall as most of the lovely ladies here but its so nice to see the Amazons are still around! I think everyone in Seattle is just short... it gets tiring to be reminded of how big I am all the time! >.<
  • I'm almost 5'10'' and at about 185lbs. I want to be 160lbs like I was in high school. I've been yo-yoing a lot since my daughter was born a year ago. Anyone feel free to ad me as a friend. Does anybody's weight vary almost 10 pounds everyday by any chance?
  • missjanetleigh
    missjanetleigh Posts: 149 Member
    I love this! I'm 5'10 and before it was so hard to find women my height with the same issues I face.

Add me too! : )

CW 260 With weigh in tomorrow
  • latonya41
    latonya41 Posts: 24 Member
    I'm tall, I'm 5'11 and my hubby is 6'6. Im trying to loose about 60 lbs.......
  • Brittanyjoy89
    Brittanyjoy89 Posts: 13 Member
    i love this thread!! all of you are so inspiring! i'm 5'8 1/2" and started at 203 a little over a year ago. through circuit training boot camp i was able to lose 25 pounds in about 4 months, but then i had to plan my wedding and move with my husband, etc. Since then I've gained a little over 5 pounds back, and now I'm reading to go hard again and get to my goals!! i just finished reading NROLFW and am going to start that program next week when i return from vacation. i've been logging consistently since january and working out with either cardio or strength training at the gym 3-4 times a week since january as well, but havent seen any movement on the scale yet. i need to crack down a little harder on the diet - primarily my wine drinking. woops! my ultimate goal is 150! i think i can do it but it feels a long way off because i havent been that weight since i was like 14 years old.
  • Eons44
    Eons44 Posts: 76 Member
    go tall girls!
  • mshoneysmile7
    mshoneysmile7 Posts: 80 Member
    THAT'S FLIPPIN AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I'm 5ft 9

CHANGE.jpg
    [/quote]
  • Hello fellow tall girls!
    I am 5 ft 11 and weigh 162 lb (lost 2 lb so far). I gained 12 lb in the last few months having moving to the USA from England so have not been walking anywhere and eating all the junk food everywhere has to offer. Worst of all I have gained all of this round my lower stomach thanks to my wonderful genes from my mother.
    Looking to get back to at least 150 lb with hopes of a flat stomach that only comes from months of hard gym work!
    Good luck to everyone
  • deadmittens
    deadmittens Posts: 536 Member
    I'm 5'9 :)
  • 4ME77
    4ME77 Posts: 25 Member
    I am 5'10, I started at 188 size 12 XL top and currently weigh 166, size 8 M top
  • cmeiron
    cmeiron Posts: 1,599 Member
    What I'm finding amazing is how different everyone carries weight on their bodies. Some of you are the same height as me (about 5'9) are are super toned and trim-looking at 160, 170 or higher, whereas I STARTED this at 170, am down to 138 and STILL don't look like you guys. :huh:

Great job everybody!
  • I am 5' 11" and 161, looking to get down to 145 with hard work and clean eating! I'll be following your progress! Feel free to email me :)
  • ladyace2078
    ladyace2078 Posts: 460 Member
    The biggest driver I think in the differences is BF% and the type of workouts. The last time I was a size 4/6, I weighed in the high 140s/low 150s. I am now 20+ lbs more than that, but the same size because I do heavy lifting.
  • cmeiron
    cmeiron Posts: 1,599 Member
    The biggest driver I think in the differences is BF% and the type of workouts. The last time I was a size 4/6, I weighed in the high 140s/low 150s. I am now 20+ lbs more than that, but the same size because I do heavy lifting.

This is my thinking too. I've never really been below 140 before, so I'm not sure what to expect. I have reasonable lean body mass and muscle tone, especially in my upper body, but I'm still carrying fat in the "spare tire" area. The "military" BF calculator puts me at about 22.4%, which isn't bad I guess. I am planning to change up my workouts to include three days of lifting a week next month (still researching) but will be interested to see how this affects my weight, BF and body shape. I keep hearing stories like yours and figure it's time to shake things up!
  • ashleey1000
    ashleey1000 Posts: 256 Member
    Bump!

Im 5'11 and just started my weightloss journey and lifestlye change on 01/05/2013. I hope to lose atleast 100lbs.

CW-255
    GW-200
    UGW-160-170

I kno my goals r possible with the right dedication and I kno I will get there as long as I am dedicated and patient with myself =)
  • mizzthang
    mizzthang Posts: 56 Member
    Thanks sooo much... you can do it too... just remain focussed and aim for the top... NO MATTER HOW LONG IT TAKES!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!