CHOCAHOLICS AHOY!!

13»

Replies

• jadeyq1
    jadeyq1 Posts: 178 Member
    Thank you ALL so much!!! You've given me some great ideas. I'm definitely going to try the dark chocolate approach as I know I can't eat as much of that as I can milk chocolate as it's so rich. I'm also going to start having a hot chocolate in the evening as that's when I crave it the most.

A lot of the stuff you've mentioned I can't get hold of over here in the UK which is annoying but I'm sure we must have the equivalent products. I can get Hershey's in my local Asda Walmart though so I may have to investigate what they have!

Pretty overwhelmed by the response on this post and great to know I'm not the only one eating choccy everyday! :) Thanks again to all of you, more helpful than you know!!! :happy: :heart: :flowerforyou:

xxx
  • erinsueburns
    erinsueburns Posts: 865 Member
    Why on earth would you want to cut out all chocolate, it really isn't the devil. I promise you. Just keep it portion controlled and relatively speaking low sugar.

I love these:

http://chocolatebar.com/products.php?product=3.5oz.-Natural-Dark-Chocolate-w{47}-88%-Cocoa-Pouch

I eat two almost every day. So that is a half ounce of dark chocolate which provides me with 2 grams of protein, 3 grams of fiber, only 2.5 grams of sugar, and yes it is almost 10 grams of fat, but fat isn't the devil, you need some to live. And the fats in chcolate are Oleic acid which is heart healthy, stearic acid which is neutral, and palmitic whichisn't a "good" kind, but with the ratios of the three it means it isn't unhealthy fats. Plus it has all kinds of heart health flavenois, flavenols, and antioxidants.

So eat the chocolate. Schedule it in and be sensible with it
  • jadeyq1
    I never intend to give up chocolate.....at least not in this lifetime and I know in Heaven, chocolate will not be bad for you, haha! Here are my suggestions....thinsations are wonderful 100 calorie packages of goodness. The other thing I do....is freeze chocolate foil covered eggs and when the craving hits (3-4) times a day, I pop one in my mouth and let it melt, lasts 5-10 minutes. They are about 35 calories each and I often log 5 a day but really helps with the cravings.

Love love love this idea! Should be able to get hold of some of these seeing as Easter is on it's way. Will have to mass buy for the year!! :laugh:

x
  • rachel4304
    rachel4304 Posts: 115 Member
    I get by on the Lindt 85 percent dark chocolate bars. Freeze the bar so it has to melt in your mouth and it lasts me a week. Two squares are only 115 calories and you really can't eat much more than that. That's the beauty of dark chocolate. Its hard to binge on it.

Sometimes I'll put one in my protein shake in the morning to spice it up.

And after awhile of straight dark chocolate... you just can't handle the sugar-y stuff anymore.
  • f1tforever
    f1tforever Posts: 39 Member
    I usually have chocolate everyday as well! I find that semi-sweet chocolate chips (good brand not generic) about 2 tbsp lasts me a long time and I reealllly enjoy it! Especially for just 140 calories :)
  • jadeyq1
    I get by on the Lindt 85 percent dark chocolate bars. Freeze the bar so it has to melt in your mouth and it lasts me a week. Two squares are only 115 calories and you really can't eat much more than that. That's the beauty of dark chocolate. Its hard to binge on it.

Sometimes I'll put one in my protein shake in the morning to spice it up.

And after awhile of straight dark chocolate... you just can't handle the sugar-y stuff anymore.

This will be on my next shopping list for sure! Thank you! :)
  • ittybittybadonkadonk
    ittybittybadonkadonk Posts: 11,634 Member
    Chunky & nutty frozen pb cups (from Hungry girl cookbook)

1 small (4 serving) package sugar free fat free chocolate instant pudding mix
    one 8 ounce container cool whip free, thawed
    2 ounce(about 1/2 cup) dry roasted soy nuts
    1 TBSP mini semi sweet chocolate chips
    1 TBSP reduced fat peanut butter, room temperature

1.Place pudding mix in a medium bowl. Add 3 ounces(1/4 cup plus 2 TBSP) warm water. Stir until smooth and thickened, about 2 minutes.
    2, In a small bowl, combine 1 TBSP Cool Whip with peanut butter until mixed well, Stir into the pudding mixture.
    3. Stir in half of the soy nuts and all of the mini chocolate chips, Fold in remaining Cool whip, you dont need to mix it in completely-the marble effect is cool.
    4, Line a 12 cup muffin pan with baking cups and spray with nonstick spray, Evenly distribute pudding mixture among the cups. sprinkle the tops of the cups with remaining soy nuts.
    5. Freeze until solid..about 1 hour. store in the freezer until ready to serve

Makes 12 Servings

Per serving (1 PB cup) 78 calories, 2g fat, 123mg sodium, 11,5g carbs , 0,5g fiber, 2.5g sugar, 2g protein
  • erinsueburns
    erinsueburns Posts: 865 Member
    snip....

That iust absolutely the truth. A while back hubby had a bar of regular old Hershey's Milk (something I used to LOVE), and I tried a bite and it just tastes nasty to me.
  • Melissa132129
    Melissa132129 Posts: 205 Member
    I'm obsessed with chocolate as well and have to have it everyday so I know what your talking about. What's been working for me is to add 2 pieces of dove dark chocolates into my food diary while I enter my breakfast so I know I will have them at the end of the day. I eat them as slow as possible and savor them ; ) I just get the bag from walmart every so often and have 2-3 pieces a day for my dessert. They are individually wrapped so it's easy.
  • Rodderick89
    Rodderick89 Posts: 205 Member
    Bumping for when I need a low calorie choccie fix :D
  • justmstry
    justmstry Posts: 13 Member
    I like to keep a bag of chocolate chips in the freezer. They take longer to melt when they are cold, and you can make 1/4 cup last a long time if you only grab 3 or 4 at a time since they are so small.

I also like Cool Whip Free with PB2 chocolate mixed in and frozen.
  • Rhonnie
    Rhonnie Posts: 506 Member
    First of all, it is unreasonable to think you should have no chocolate in your diet at all, especially if you are a chocolate lover. The key is moderation, which is definitely achievable as I am also a chocoholic and have managed to cut mine down drastically.

I do not buy candy bars - way to much temptation to eat the whole thing! Get dove chocolates if you like dark chocolate, or hersey kisses. I get hersey kisses and I'm down to eating just 3 a day at most! I do also eat some protien/fiber bars that have a chocolate coating so they make a good filling snack and still can give you a little taste of chocolate. Currently I eat nature Valley Protein chewy bar (Peanut , almond & dark Chocolate) if I'm hungry and want a snack. I've also started adding Fiber One's protein chewy bar (Coconut almond - tastes like an almond joy!) - it fills the chocolate craving a little better then the other, but it is not as filling. Now they both have decent amount of fats in it, so you can't be just tossing them back all day, but for me it works as a filling mid-morning and mid-afternoon stack.

You can do it! 1/3 of my calorie intake used to be straight chocolate, if I can get it down to 3 hershey kisses a day (some days I'll admit it is up to 9 - but rarely, and 9 is one serving) anyone can!!
  • hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    Look for low calorie hot cocoa packets, they're fantastic! I found one that's 25 calories, and another for 20. They're excellent if you mix them with warm water because they deliver that sweet and chocolate taste for just the price of the minimal amounts of calories left after a day when you're not sure what to use them on- or even to prevent a binge by giving into one without ruining the rest of your day. They're also high in calcium usually (some even contain 200mg of potassium) and can contain as little as 2 grams of carbs and sugar without too much sodium. Not too mention how full you get from the water content. They're perfect in every way.<3
    Fiber one 90 calorie brownies are also excellent, considering if you start losing control your stomach will get so full you'll be forced to stop eating them ;)
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Hi jaydeq! Check out my diary on valentines day, I put lots of ideas there and calories for them. you may have to friend me first. I dno?
  • jadeyq1
    Note to all: Snickers are delishy but once the chocolate has melted off, I had no option but to chew! Therefore Snickers did not last as long as I would have liked!
  • spidey11186
    spidey11186 Posts: 141 Member
    I just saw this posting... I LOVE chocolate!! I'm a total chocoholic!!!... It always reminds me of a Demetri Martin quote:

"I've heard of many chocoholics, but I ain't never seen no "chocohol". We got an epidemic, people: people who like chocolate but don't understand word endings. They're probably "over-workaholled"."

bahaha oh semantics
  • amanda_gent
    amanda_gent Posts: 174 Member
    bump for later but I am partial to cocoa powder in my oatmeal, too! Delish!