WHAT THE F%*K!!!!!!!!!

Options
1235»

Replies

• Igotdisbish
    Options
    Try fkn it always helps me.

Otherwise relax it happens to most of us at some point. Change up your routine too.
  • fitfreakymom
    fitfreakymom Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    I would like to give you helpful advice, but I'm worried if you or anyone else did not like the way they perceived my tone I would be permanently banned from the forums.

Good luck to you.

Hmm makes me wonder what advice you had lol.
  • Nadbeaner
    Nadbeaner Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    A plateau lasts 4-6 days and frequently occurs during the second half of a diet particularly in those that have been doing well. Those who are losing more than the average all have a plateau sooner or later. A plateau always corrects, itself, but many who have become accustomed to a regular weekly loss get unnecessarily worried and begin to fret. No amount of explanation convinces them that a plateau does not mean that they are no longer responding normally to their diet.

The weight registered by the scale is determined by two processes not necessarily synchronized. When dieting fat is being extracted from the cells, in which it is stored in the fatty tissue. When these cells are empty and therefore serve no purpose, the body breaks down the cellular structure and absorbs it, but breaking up of useless cells, connective tissue, blood vessels, etc., may lag behind the process of fat-extraction. When this happens the body appears to replace some of the extracted fat with water which is retained for this purpose. As water is heavier than fat the scales may show no loss of weight. When then such tissue is finally broken down, the water is liberated and there is a sudden flood of urine and a marked loss of weight. This simple interpretation of what is really an extremely complex mechanism is the one we give those who want to know why it is that on certain days they do not lose, though they have committed no dietary error.

Basically you're doing awesome keep it up!! It could be that you're losing inches not pounds right now. its not all about the scale pay attention to how your clothes are fitting too! Let me know if you need any help. I got awesome pointers!
  • Crankstr
    Crankstr Posts: 3,958 Member
    Options
    I would like to give you helpful advice, but I'm worried if you or anyone else did not like the way they perceived my tone I would be permanently banned from the forums.

Good luck to you.

Take your pants off.

I mean... best of luck, OP.

mmm...pickle.

OP relax, stress isnt good for you
  • mish3131
    mish3131 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Honestly I would try lowering how much sodium intake you have. I would also make sure you eat if not all at least some of your exercise calories back.
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    I guess I will go back to starving myself and up my exercise to 5 hours a day.

tumblr_mhcyh7sKIU1qckoozo1_500.gif
  • Muddy_Yogi
    Muddy_Yogi Posts: 1,459 Member
    Options
    :devil:
    OK..... im fkn pissed, discouraged, homicidal...
    I have been doing everything right! I am eating well, I am exercising, I am walking away from all the goodies my co-workers bring in every fkn day!! I get my daughter the fast food crap she wants and watch her eat it while I slobber all over myself wanting just a fkn bite!!
    I weighed myself this morning and nada, zip, zilch, fkn nothing!!!!!
    I read several posts about TDEE on here- I had no fkn clue what it was so I decided to try it. Obviously no help!!! I guess I will go back to starving myself and up my exercise to 5 hours a day.
    This is why every other time I have tried to lose weight I end up giving up!!!!! Its fkn bull****- I feel like going out right now and finding the biggest, greasiest burger and inhaling it. BUT I wont because I dont know why really maybe cuz that would just send me over the FUKN edge!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How long did you try the TDEE-a percentage method? Have you been working out, if so what are the workouts you are doing? Coming to the forums and freaking out is not the answer to your problem. Maybe before flying off the handle you should explain length of time you have tried certain methods and how you were measuring your success or failure...scale, measurements, body fat %? No one can offer any time of good advice without any information.
  • celestialbadger
    Options
    30199807.jpg

I just nearly inhaled my water, cheers for that. ;)

Anyway, I agree with the people mentioning sodium intake. Eating lots of salt will make it look like you gained when you may have actually lost.
  • _Elemenopee_
    _Elemenopee_ Posts: 2,665 Member
    Options

My GOD, he was a handsome man!

Oh yeah, so I don't get flamed for "hi-jacking" a thread, since it may well be possible lately. :grumble: OP, keep doing what you're doing. Takes time. Do NOT starve yourself...EAT!
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options

Was? Still is!
  • gypsyrose64
    gypsyrose64 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Eat more potassium rich foods to offset the sodium intake. I've been eating well below TDEE, but inconsistent on the %...averaging 1500-1600/day intake and not exercising all that much. Took 2 wks of that to see a positive move on the scales after a 2 mth plateau. Lost 8 in January, so I did something right, lol

Potassium rich foods make you pee off water retention from sodium, not to mention good for you.
    Here is an awesome list to refer to: http://potassiumrichfoods.com/potassium-rich-foods-list/
    Another link: http://www.nal.usda.gov/fnic/foodcomp/Data/SR20/nutrlist/sr20w306.pdf

Don't starve yourself. Just try to give it time. Talk a long walk in the sun, or treat yourself to a cheat day - then start over. It's a marathon ...not a sprint! Best of luck.
  • foxxypeach
    foxxypeach Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I had the same problem the first 3 weeks. Good eating, Hard Exercise , zero lbs loss. But how i stay sane is by thinking on the large scale. If you can lose 1 lb per week...then by the end of the year you will have lost 52lbs. Cuss as much as you want, but stay away from the burger. It's an emotional crutch and treating your emotions with food is often the nemesis that lands us here in the first place.

Hang in there. Lower your expectations. A day at a time. Consider not gaining a lb success and losing a lb a plus. So both ways you're a winner. Before long you'll be pretty far in your journey and you'll be glad that you didn't quit.
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    by the way, I checked your food diary.

you NEED to eat a better breakfast. you are only getting like 5 calories in the morning and like no carbs for energy!! I also have a hard time eating a good breakfast but it is CRUCIAL to losing weight. seriously.

It's not really crucial to weight loss to eat breakfast, but hey, if it keeps you within your dietary needs, go for it!
  • CandiSki
    CandiSki Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I feel the same exact way. My scale won't move, but I think I've lost a little bit of body fat based on my measurements. I decided I am going to lower my calories just a tad (only because I was really having a hard time eating all of my calories and I felt really full, so I would just end up drinking my calories and that totally defeats the purpose of everything) and change what I'm eating. I noticed I was eating foods with a lot of fat, so I''m going to try to stick with lower fat foods and try to eat more clean. I hope it works and I hope you figure out what you can do! :flowerforyou:
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options

Oh yeah, so I don't get flamed for "hi-jacking" a thread, since it may well be possible lately. :grumble: OP, keep doing what you're doing. Takes time. Do NOT starve yourself...EAT!

I was thinking exactly the same thing!
  • cubizzle
    cubizzle Posts: 900 Member
    Options

you NEED to eat a better breakfast. you are only getting like 5 calories in the morning and like no carbs for energy!! I also have a hard time eating a good breakfast but it is CRUCIAL to losing weight. seriously.

It's not really crucial to weight loss to eat breakfast, but hey, if it keeps you within your dietary needs, go for it!

Just like the Green Russians
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options

^^yep. It is not crucial at all, depending on the individual.
  • Pineapples
    Pineapples Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    LOL well at least you are not gaining like me! so i feel your frustration.
  • lavender22
    lavender22 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    We have all been there and your not in this alone. Please take a deep breath and try to clam down and realize you have come this far and doing really good. If I may say so myself:) Just take one day at a time and remember Rome was not built in a day:flowerforyou:
  • trishmce
    Options
    Ok just a thought.
    When was your last complete physical.
    I had been on WW for a year as of last April (2012) and had lost an amazing 4lbs!!! So discouraging and I kept trucking through.
    Talked to my doctor, told her Atkins worked but didn't see it as a lifestyle I could do. She had me add back in some sugar, I was fine, then have some bread. Sick sick sick.
    I thought it was a "normal" reaction after giving up carbs.
    Turns out it was an undiagnosed gluten intolerance I had all my life! 48 years of misery and fighting a non-losing battle. they did a bunch of blood work and endoscopy and colonoscopy. I do not have the genetic celiac but have a severe intolerance (glad because celiac has a ton of baggage with it). My intestinal lining was being burnt away by the gluten to put it simply. I could not absorb any nutrients. 75lbs overweight and I was malnourished!!!!! I met with a nutritionist and she went over my vitamin deficiencies we worked out a plan for that and helped me with a gluten free diet.
    I have lost 18lbs since November doing the same calories and exercise I was before.
    Look for every solution, don't give up!
This discussion has been closed.