Things we learned as kids

1235»

Replies

• Mrder37
    Mrder37 Posts: 904
    That while playing thunder cats six feet or more although a safe jump for liono it's not a safe jump for fake liono:)
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,834 Member
    That while playing thunder cats six feet or more although a safe jump for liono it's not a safe jump for fake liono:)

lol. Loved that show. Wondering when it will become the next trendy movie.
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    I think the only thing I learned as a kid that was and still is correct is: MATH.
  • JUDDDing
    JUDDDing Posts: 1,367 Member
    I think the only thing I learned as a kid that was and still is correct is: MATH.

And that's why math is so freaking cool... :)
  • Not to be self conscious about your own appearance....kids aren't worried that they're too fat or not pretty. They just play.

Wish I learned this as a kid. Told my teacher in kindergarten no one liked me because I was fat. :/ Pretty much been "dieting" since 5th grade.

On to a more positive note.

Treat others how you would like to be treated.
    There are always two sides to the story so don't assume or judge.
    Our actions ALWAYS have consequences.
    If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all.
    Take a step back and look at the big picture.
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member

And that's why math is so freaking cool... :)

Yep, you can always count on math. :tongue:
  • slrose
    slrose Posts: 164 Member
    Not to be self conscious about your own appearance....kids aren't worried that they're too fat or not pretty. They just play.

Very true. I have seen that kids do start learning to judge themselves and others on appearance younger. TV and marketing do a complete job of blitzing them with that bias.

My daughter just started being self-concious this year-started Kindergarten and is 6 :(( And it begins!

That's terrible!!! :(

6 years old is way to young!!!! the poor kids of today
  • beautsarah
    beautsarah Posts: 151 Member
    B/C I was a sore loser my mom and dad would always give me some Kenyan saying like "If you can't accept defeat you were never a true competitor to begin with" and then follow it up with now stop crying or you won't ever play again.

My mom used this when my siblings and I would make fun of each other, when we were getting picked on, or when she found out my sister was bullying other kids at school, "Remember you aren't better than anyone, and nobody is better than you."

"It's better to give than to receive."

"Beauty is on the inside and ugly is to the bone."

"...And remember I love you" My parents and Barney
  • JUDDDing
    JUDDDing Posts: 1,367 Member
    Yep, you can always count on math. :tongue:

yuk, yuk, yuk

:laugh:
  • amandapye78
    amandapye78 Posts: 820 Member
    Today may seem bad but tomorrow may be the best day of your whole life.
    Only dancers and *kitten* shave above their knees ( Thanks Maama)
  • hypocritelecter
    hypocritelecter Posts: 61 Member
    There's enough space in this world for everyone, so be kind and non-judgemental.
    It's okay to cry sometimes.
    Sharing makes people feel pretty good. You feel pretty good, too.
    Ask questions. Never stop learning.
  • bbbbb33333
    bbbbb33333 Posts: 1,107 Member
    LET'S GO PLAY!!!
  • weightedfootsteps
    weightedfootsteps Posts: 4,349 Member
    Not to be self conscious about your own appearance....kids aren't worried that they're too fat or not pretty. They just play.

Very true. I have seen that kids do start learning to judge themselves and others on appearance younger. TV and marketing do a complete job of blitzing them with that bias.

My daughter just started being self-concious this year-started Kindergarten and is 6 :(( And it begins!

That's terrible!!! :(

6 years old is way to young!!!! the poor kids of today
    The preteens of today has put my 8 year old through a bunch of cr@p!! Calling her marshmallow and worse...she is self-conscious now because of them. She is slightly overweight thanks to her thyroid gland. Her big sis takes up for her and if I'm there I'll nip it in the bud as quick as possible. Honestly, there was one kid unrepentant and egging on his friends to keep going once. So I stood there and pointed out all their flaws and asked them does it feel good having someone older do that to you? Someone that knows better than to treat people like that? They finally got the message. I hated having to do that but they wouldn't stop and it was everyday..now it happens only occasionally.
  • This is more like **** Disney taught me but close enough;

2e2ndyx.png

34huxcl.png

2lu2eqx.png
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    That if all the kids are huddled together with building blocks and you walk over with a better idea....they will not like it. If you get mad that they won't let you play and knock their blocks down, they will tell the teacher. And you will spend the afternoon in the corner alone imagining that better idea by yourself, when you could have been playing with the mediocre one.