Healthy "Fast Food" suggestions

2»

Replies

• RosieWest8
    RosieWest8 Posts: 185 Member
    Subway or Chipotle are my go-to 'fast food' places. Chipotle has a nutrition calculator you can use to see what your order will be:
    http://www.chipotle.com/en-us/menu/nutrition_calculator/nutrition_calculator.aspx
    Burrito bowl with Chicken, brown rice, fajita veggies, tomato salsa, green salsa, and cheese is 540 cals. And delicious.

For Subway I just get turkey, all the veggies I want and mustard.
  • TitikiOoh
    TitikiOoh Posts: 40 Member
    I usually go for subway if I have to get some food on the go. But for the days when I am home late I have soup in the freezer.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Honestly... it's faster to put some chicken breasts on the foreman and nuke some frozen veggies than to go to the restaurant and wait for my order.

If I HAD to get takeout, it would be pizza, sushi (with noodles for the kids), or Boston Market.
  • crisb2
    crisb2 Posts: 329 Member
    edited October 2014
    @FitnessGal1983 For low carb my go-to is Wendy's Grilled Chicken Caesar Salad without croutons (sometimes without tomatoes, sometimes extra bacon or extra blue cheese). Or a baconator with no bun. They're tricky over there, if I hadn't checked macros before eating my choice would have been the chili but it's LOADED with carbs, I imagine because of the beans.

OP - Buying a whole rotisserie chicken at your nearest market is also an option! And a bag of lettuce salad mix, toss some toppings in. You're set! Or buy a couple whole raw chickens, pre-season them when you bring them home and on "takeout night" just de-frost and pop in the oven. Google different flavors for it like chinese, french, mediterranean, etc.
  • Lasmartchika
    Lasmartchika Posts: 3,440 Member
    Healthy fast food? I guess Pollo Loco would be my go to place. Very delicious and they have a lot of low calorie options. :)