S/O name tattoed

Options

Replies

• Myndi73
    Myndi73 Posts: 270
    Options
    I never have and I never will. Its a taboo thing to do in the tattoo community, kind of a curse of sorts.

Taboo in the tattoo community? Never heard that before. Would I do it personally, no. However I don't think there's anything wrong with it. My tattoo artist has his wife's name tattooed on him. Looks awesome, he loves her. If they should ever split, a tattoo right on top of it would fix the problem.
  • Vincentsz
    Vincentsz Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    I've seen that it's a kiss of death to a relationship. Everyone I know, And I mean EVERYONE that gets one the relationship fails soon after.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    Does anyone have their significant others name tattooed on them? If so, where?

Mine is on my right calf.
  • fmebear
    fmebear Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I am getting my children's initials done mixed into the vines of my next tattoo but debating on the husband's initials bove with them (above theirs). He is a main branch of our children but still not sure. I do have the Star of David with the cross inside for my husband and I as well as our children. But I think that is as far as I go.
  • iAMsmiling
    iAMsmiling Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    All my tattoos are on the inside.
  • WendyTerry420
    Options
    I've seen that it's a kiss of death to a relationship. Everyone I know, And I mean EVERYONE that gets one the relationship fails soon after.

I've had mine for more than a decade. :bigsmile:

:smokin:
  • 4_Lisa
    4_Lisa Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    Not my hubbys name, but I have artwork he drew tattood on my back. I have my kids initials on my arm though.
  • GLady1980
    GLady1980 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I personally dont have one but I am not against it at all, just choose wisely as to where you are going to get it. Dont be like that girl in the paper with her boyfriend of 1 week's name across her face, thats not a great idea!
  • OlyOtis
    OlyOtis Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    My ex-wife has my name on her *kitten* and shoulder. Haha...stupid beeoootttccchhh
  • michelejoann
    michelejoann Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    I am NEVER getting my S/O's name tatted on me. I love him dearly...but...you never know. :/

How bleak is that?
  • srcardinal10
    srcardinal10 Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    A girl I used to work with had her baby's daddy's nickname tattoo'd on her neck. "Nutt"

She was pretty classy.

Super classy. I'm a little jealous.
  • moosegt35
    moosegt35 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    4c650059-8e59-4349-bfa9-64c40668b394_zps61d47d62.jpg

I love mine, it's small and private (its usually covered by my underwear) and I think it's beautiful

pics?
    Pics of what?

The tattoo, but I see that it was there after I quoted it. My work computer blocks all pics.
  • margary
    Options
    My one and only tattoo has no names. But I have a design that is very specific to my husband and kids, so when I look at it, I know it is about them, and it will always be about them. The only text I have is a message to myself. Something I wanted to be reminded of everyday.
  • Jerrypeoples
    Jerrypeoples Posts: 1,541 Member
    Options
    an ex had my name tattoed on his chest, I say that again an EX...

your profile picture and this is phenomenal :)
  • WendyTerry420
    Options
    I am NEVER getting my S/O's name tatted on me. I love him dearly...but...you never know. :/

How bleak is that?

That's pretty bleak alright. Forever is longer than any tattoo will last. Only death could part my husband and me, no doubt.
  • Jerrypeoples
    Jerrypeoples Posts: 1,541 Member
    Options
    A girl I used to work with had her baby's daddy's nickname tattoo'd on her neck. "Nutt"

She was pretty classy.

Super classy. I'm a little jealous.

im thinking maybe she has nutt tattoted everywhere that he.....
  • subconscious_ink
    subconscious_ink Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I actually asked him after he got his first tat with her name if he thought it was a good idea, and he responded "Why? Because someday in the future we might get a divorce? That's stupid. I don't live my life planning around the thought that the woman I'm madly in love with may leave, or that I would leave her. I plan to live my life as if we'll be together forever. To think about the possibility of divorce in the future is more of a bad omen for our relationship than a tattoo could ever be. If I'm expecting a divorce, than I'll always be kind of guarded around her, and I don't want to live like that."

Hm...I was always in the "no way would I do that" camp, but this was actually pretty convincing. If I was ever married to someone, I might consider something that was symbolic of that person to me. I probably wouldn't get just a name, but that's mostly because, to me, names make kind of boring tats, unless they're worked into the design of something.
  • trailtripper
    Options
    Not bleak at all :-)

I would NEVER get my wife's name as a tattoo. We have been together for a short while (41 years).

I just do not get the idea behind tattoos!

Just one person's opinion :-)
  • Cherry_blossom73
    Cherry_blossom73 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Never! I would get my kids, but that's it when it comes to names.
  • WendyTerry420
    Options
    I never have and I never will. Its a taboo thing to do in the tattoo community, kind of a curse of sorts.
    I personally think that's crap but ok. Lol people who believe a tattoo can "curse" a relationship of any kind are ridiculous.

I'm glad someone else agrees with me. I feel sorry for these people. Just how "significant" is this other person? My husband is the most significant person in the world. Even if he passes away, he will still have my eternal love.