Cabbage (H*E*L*P)

2»

Replies

• xarrium
    xarrium Posts: 432 Member
    Shred, then throw into a stir-fry about a minute before serving. It kind of disappears a bit if you let it cook longer (which works if you're serving people who don't like cabbage), but it adds a really nice texture if it's left on the crunchy side.
  • dumb_blondes_rock
    dumb_blondes_rock Posts: 1,568 Member
    asian chicken salad

1 chicken breast per persson
    head of cabbage, shredded
    sugar snap peas
    shredded carrots
    mushrooms
    madarin oranges(optional, but soo yummy with it)
    wonton noodles
    peanuts

all i do it heat up olive oil in a large skillet, cube up the chicken and cook throughly. I add sea salt, pepper, lemon pepper, garlic and onion powder to mine, but you can use the spices you prefer.

plating - start with filling the whole plate(i use small plates) with cabbage....then put carrots on , then mushrooms, sugar snap peas, then i add the wonton noodle and put the slices of mandarin oranges in a small circle in the middle and put the peanuts in the center of the circle.

dressing - i think its called newman's asian chicken salad dressing...but you can get it in any salad dressig aisle....there is one from a chinese company, but the newman's is less calories

btw my dad doesn't like cabbage but LOVES this dish....and you can add all the veggies you want on it. also, if you are a veggie, you can use tofu (perhaps those ones that are pre-marinated) to replace the chicken.
This discussion has been closed.