probably THE best NSV I will ever have...

Replies

• Nhizarms
    Nhizarms Posts: 26 Member
    wow 160#s great job how are you doing it, always looking for way to "swithch it up"
  • betsz1
    betsz1 Posts: 81 Member
    That is an awesome NSV!! Here's a big ol' HIGH 5 for you! You're a great Mom! :flowerforyou:
  • alphabetsoup2013
    alphabetsoup2013 Posts: 208 Member
    That is a fantastic story. You should cut out your post and carry it in your wallet.
  • betsz1
    betsz1 Posts: 81 Member
    Awesome!

If that happened to me, I... would think it was awfully creepy that small children had broken into my home.

LOL...Thanks for making my day! :laugh:
  • beckieboomoo
    beckieboomoo Posts: 590 Member
    awesome :) what does nsv mean? :)
  • Okay first of all, HOW CUTE IS THAT??? Awe too cute! So happy for you and your family! That is a big deal and someone previous had said the perfect thing that you will be a good role model for your children, I mean obviously! Congratulations!
  • IsabellaGiano
    IsabellaGiano Posts: 158 Member
    You really don't realize how much your children really DO pay attention to everything you do. My 4 year old daughter is built just like me and I've always been concerned that she'd follow in my footsteps and end up struggling with her weight. She LOVES "treats" and asks for one about a million times a day. Recently she's been talking a LOT about being healthy. She considers fruit treats, and is starting to stop eating when she's full.

The other day I was eating a spinach pizza and both of my daughters (2 and 4) were asking for the spinach off of my pizza, to put on theirs. They ended up stealing about 1/2 of my spinach! Another day, I was making them grilled cheese and my 4 year old came out in the kitchen and ASKED for spinach in her grilled cheese: WHAT?! This is a 2 year old and a 4 year old who are REQUESTING spinach!

I know it may not seem like a huge deal to some people, but the fact that my daughters are starting to pick up healthy habits motivates me more than anything. My daughter asked me why I go to workout and I told her so I can be healthy and run around and play with her. Now, whenever I work out (or if I miss a workout), she'll ask me when I'm going to go workout so I can be healthy for her.

Truly, the single BEST NSV I will ever have.

148349_535121153185511_1716883666_n_zps0294c350.jpg

I think you should be proud of yourself... surely, the new healthy attitude of your daughters is due to YOUR attitude.
    Kids follow the abits that they have been given.
    That they are changing them now, without pressure, goes to your credit.

I alweys noticed that kids eating trash, do that because they are allowed to. If they have the right choices of food, they are more than happy to eat healthy. Because healthy food is not only healthy, but also tasty, while other threats, even sweets, hot dogs, chips, well, they are attractive but on the long term they have always the same taste. Boring.

Good work, for your fitness, and for your children!
  • Carfoodel
    Carfoodel Posts: 481 Member
    excellent NSV, you know you are getting it spot on when your children are coming out with remarks like that :)
  • I think that's awesome!! When I was a kid you couldn't get me to eat spinach! (Luckilly now I love it)
  • grrupp
    grrupp Posts: 159 Member
    That is probably the best NSV I have heard :) In all honesty it brought tears to my eye's, thank you for sharing. I hope, as a mom of four children, that my healthy habits I am trying to form influence my children positively too.
  • Had tears in my eyes reading this! How wonderful!!!!
  • ericarae33
    ericarae33 Posts: 211 Member
    Amazing!!!!!!
  • Fit147
    Fit147 Posts: 209 Member
    Love your NSV. My kids make me want to be a better person.
  • Dianafrance8
    Dianafrance8 Posts: 126 Member
    Totally makes you want to cry to think that your sweet girls will not need to struggle the way we all have. We want the best for our kids and you are so providing that for them. My 6 kids are very, very athletic and that is something very important to me, just as important as a great education.

5 stars for great parenting. And I have to try the spinach grilled cheese too
  • bonjour24
    bonjour24 Posts: 1,119 Member
    that's super. great work, missus. i started this because of my kids too. my 4yo son asked for salad the other day! my 6yo still refuses, but we do what we can :-)
    it's a great thing that our kids will never have to learn how to be healthy or fit.
  • jodybarrett
    jodybarrett Posts: 6 Member
    Great job! I am new to this, can you pease tell me what NSV stands for? I'm sure I will have a duh moment when I find out!
  • blu_meanie_ca
    blu_meanie_ca Posts: 352 Member
    non scale victory
  • MumOfADuo
    MumOfADuo Posts: 294 Member
    So so true!!!!! Even my teens will say to me, Hey mom....we havent done our 100 squats today!!! Come on...lets do them!!! I have 2 teens...one is thin as a rail....the other is just like her mommy....she stuffs her feelings with food....very concerned about her....thanks for reminding me that it really never is too late to show them healthy living......
  • MsDover
    MsDover Posts: 395 Member
    What a wonderful gift you have given your children... Your love and wonderful example! Good job, mom!
  • skcardiog
    skcardiog Posts: 316 Member
    That is the most POWERFUL picture I will see today.

Your story will force me to to an extra 30 minutes on the rower today.

Thanks so much for sharing.

You rock !
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!