Selfish-ness

Replies

• zentha1384
    zentha1384 Posts: 323 Member
    People who don't want to get married.
    People who don't want to have kids.
    People who don't want to beleive Christianity.

Stuff like that.

I don't want kids because I think I would be a horrible mother. So what does that make me?

It makes you a horribly selfish person apparently. You should have lots and lots of children and give them a crappy childhood and future just so you won't be a selfish person. Obviously that's the right answer.

:flowerforyou: LOVE this :smile:
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    “I do my thing and you do yours. I am not in this world to live up to your expectations, and you are not in this world to live up to mine. You are you and I am I, and if by chance we find each other, then it is beautiful. If not, it can't be helped.”

- Gestalt prayer

This worries me.

It sounds like a VERY lazy and complacent attitude.

Like a big log floating down stream . . .

BiasMi3.gif
  • CorvusCorax77
    CorvusCorax77 Posts: 2,536 Member

I'm not touching Christianity with a ten foot pole.

wise decision, my child.

You sound like a priest or nun. Please do not enter the 10-foot-zone. :P

calvin+and+hobbes+god.jpg
  • Cadori
    Cadori Posts: 4,810 Member

Hey, I'm not a dude! I'm a dudette!

I've been insulted enough! I challenge you to a duel.

duel-left_zpsec70adb1.gif

LMAO! I could not figure out why a pumpkin head wearing heels was challenging me.

Challenge accepted!
  • jbutterflye
    jbutterflye Posts: 1,914 Member

Stuff like that.

applause_zps3d73012e.gif
  • Mustang_Susie
    Mustang_Susie Posts: 7,045 Member
    I think "selfish" and "self-centered" is too often considered negative. How many people do we know - friends, family, co-workers - who create anxiety, stress, pain, and negativity in their lives in the name of "doing for others." I have family members who are miserable because they don't consider their own wants or needs.

We are creatures of survival and comfort. The relationships that I feel the best about are ones where I am getting some needs met. Often the best way to get my needs met are to ask for them, set boundaries around them, etc. I don't think it's wrong to consider myself first sometimes. Maybe most times. Even as a husband and father, if I don't think of myself by taking care of myself, I am no good to my family.

In my experience, most of the time discussion about "selfish" really is a discussion about judgement - that is, *you* are selfish because *you* don't consider my needs as much as I think you should. When I talk of others being selfish, I am generally speaking in terms of others not acting the way I think they should. Who's really being selfish then?

Expectations
    Then who is to say if those are right or wrong?
    Pass the popcorn ????
  • SerenaFisher
    SerenaFisher Posts: 2,170 Member

Stuff like that.

Married people are the most selfish people I know. Along with people that reproduce. They're always clogging up my very sacred facebook page with photos of their silly naked babies and wedding rings. News flash folks . . . nobody gives a sh@t.

They give a sh@t, and it's their facebook page, facebook is all about being selfish. If it offends you that they are posting their children and their engagements and rings, instead of whining about what they are posting on THEIR pages why not just remove them? After all it's not your page they are posting on, but your news feed ;)

Just saying. :)
  • crazytreelady
    crazytreelady Posts: 752 Member

Stuff like that.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I hope you're joking!
  • Mustang_Susie
    Mustang_Susie Posts: 7,045 Member

Stuff like that.

Doesn't Christianity preach against judging others? And what if one can't have kids because they're infertile and can't get married because they're gay?

Hypothetical scenarios are just not up to par here. I'm sure you could come up with a much better response.

Um.........42? Isn't that the answer to everything?

"So long, and thanks for all the fish"
  • sizzle74
    sizzle74 Posts: 858 Member

Stuff like that.

Praying this is a joke. Praying to Allah, but praying none the less.
  • chubbygirl253
    chubbygirl253 Posts: 1,309 Member
    I think we are all selfish sometimes to a certain degree. I think that has nothing to do with being narcissistic. Although I think it's an overly used description, there are people who are narcissists. They are so self absorbed they can't feel empathy for others and actually share several tendencies with psychopaths. I think my sister sometimes demonstrates these traits. But as far as selfishness, sometimes it can be good to put yourself first. After a really bad marriage I finally put myself first. I was single again and only accountable to and for myself. For a long time I would have rather stayed alone forever rather than have a new partner upset my apple cart. But eventually I was ready to make room in my life for someone new. And I knew what I was looking for and was selfish enough not to settle.

Now that I'm on this diet I am often selfish with my time because I need to work out, I eat what is best for me instead of what everyone else is having, etc. But in the end, no one can do this for me but me. This is wear the rubber meets the road, I have to do this. And that means putting my needs at the top of the list.
  • BrittanyNBuchanan
    BrittanyNBuchanan Posts: 68 Member
    :ohwell:
  • Cr01502
    Cr01502 Posts: 3,614 Member

Stuff like that.

Married people are the most selfish people I know. Along with people that reproduce. They're always clogging up my very sacred facebook page with photos of their silly naked babies and wedding rings. News flash folks . . . nobody gives a sh@t.

They give a sh@t, and it's their facebook page, facebook is all about being selfish. If it offends you that they are posting their children and their engagements and rings, instead of whining about what they are posting on THEIR pages why not just remove them? After all it's not your page they are posting on, but your news feed ;)

Just saying. :)

1) You don't need to sat just saying after you've already said something. The original text implies that you just said it.

2) I'm getting a very strong feeling that you're one of these people I mentioned above? With the wedding rings and the baby photos?

I'm just saying what everyone else on your friends list is already thinking . . . .
  • jbutterflye
    jbutterflye Posts: 1,914 Member
    goingtohell_zps2e315db0.jpg
  • Crazibaker
    Crazibaker Posts: 130 Member

Stuff like that.

What the F***CK?! I hope this is a joke.
  • Bownzi
    Bownzi Posts: 423 Member
    Selfish-ness no.... more survival there are many people who will use the system and get away with it. They always seem to be the ones who are the first to point out what everyone else is doing wrong yet they cannot see what they are doing.
  • People who don't want to get married.

Stuff like that.

I'd like to marry my fiance....after i decide whether or not i like him.
    If i could find a OB/GYN that would do a full hysterectomy on a 22 year old, i would. i hate kids
    I believe christianity exists.....but im agnostic. ;)
  • THIS this is a shell-fish person

i-1f86cc660f967e2c794b24e20d993561-pincers-1.jpg

Um hai. Where did you find this picture, please?
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,318 Member
    THIS this is a shell-fish person

i-1f86cc660f967e2c794b24e20d993561-pincers-1.jpg

Um hai. Where did you find this picture, please?

The url is

http://scienceblogs.com/deepseanews/wp-content/blogs.dir/414/files/2012/04/i-1f86cc660f967e2c794b24e20d993561-pincers-1.jpg

I right-clicked the photo for its properties.....

Oh, no. Now I'm stuck in this thread....What the hell was that first guy? Please tell me he's not serious. Tee hee. Not funny.
  • Thank you for the URL. I'm just here for the funny pics. :flowerforyou: