123457»

Replies

• j4nash
    j4nash Posts: 1,719 Member
    I might be moving to San Francisco
  • UrbanLotus
    UrbanLotus Posts: 1,163 Member
    LOL indeed!

Rewriting my profile - my girls just redid it so it sounded more like me and more fun!

Revamping my dating strategy - basically I'm trying to change what I used to do (clearly that wasn't working!), like for online dating I used to write to guys for like weeks before giving them my number, then text/talk on the phone for a while, THEN meet. Clearly that wasn't working, I'd usually cut them off before we got anywhere near the meeting point, so now I'll give them my number & meet them soon. I'll also give guys more of a chance, not cut them off because of one silly thing I dislike - I really thought hard about what I was willing to compromise on and what I wasn't.
  • nolachick
    nolachick Posts: 3,278 Member
    I might be moving to San Francisco

when? why? I've never been but hear its beautiful (and expensive)
  • nolachick
    LOL indeed!

Rewriting my profile - my girls just redid it so it sounded more like me and more fun!

Revamping my dating strategy - basically I'm trying to change what I used to do (clearly that wasn't working!), like for online dating I used to write to guys for like weeks before giving them my number, then text/talk on the phone for a while, THEN meet. Clearly that wasn't working, I'd usually cut them off before we got anywhere near the meeting point, so now I'll give them my number & meet them soon. I'll also give guys more of a chance, not cut them off because of one silly thing I dislike - I really thought hard about what I was willing to compromise on and what I wasn't.

sounds good. I also revamped my profile before I got on last time. I made it shorter because I thought I had way too much before but I think I need to add more to filter out what I really want.
  • UrbanLotus
    LOL indeed!

sounds good. I also revamped my profile before I got on last time. I made it shorter because I thought I had way too much before but I think I need to add more to filter out what I really want.

Yeah, I added more specifics about who I am, my personality etc - you have to hit that sweet spot I think, not be overly talkative but not have too little info either. Though really, I think almost all men just look at the pic so it doesn't matter what you say LOL. Guys, do you read profiles?
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    LOL indeed!

Yeah, I added more specifics about who I am, my personality etc - you have to hit that sweet spot I think, not be overly talkative but not have too little info either. Though really, I think almost all men just look at the pic so it doesn't matter what you say LOL. Guys, do you read profiles?
    I'm not actively online dating but I do. Anything geeky or nerdy will catch my eye.
  • nolachick
    LOL indeed!

Yeah, I added more specifics about who I am, my personality etc - you have to hit that sweet spot I think, not be overly talkative but not have too little info either. Though really, I think almost all men just look at the pic so it doesn't matter what you say LOL.

{Guys, do you read profiles}?

Good question! I'm not sure they do. but I only respond to ones that have read through my profile and have legit questions.
    I hit delete on all the one liners like : hey sexy, how you doing, bla bla bla
  • UrbanLotus
    LOL indeed!

Yeah, I added more specifics about who I am, my personality etc - you have to hit that sweet spot I think, not be overly talkative but not have too little info either. Though really, I think almost all men just look at the pic so it doesn't matter what you say LOL.

{Guys, do you read profiles}?

Good question! I'm not sure they do. but I only respond to ones that have read through my profile and have legit questions.
    I hit delete on all the one liners like : hey sexy, how you doing, bla bla bla

Me too! Do they really think they are going to get anywhere with "hi"? The ones that kill me are the ones that don't get a resposne to "hi", and then send "hey" in a 2nd message, like that will win me over LOL!
  • kimad
    kimad Posts: 3,010 Member
    LOL indeed!

I have also been revamping my strategy, but I tend to think of it more as 'increasing my boundaries and placing more self worth on myself' I have had addicts, people who would only text, some really good players, some liars... ugh, so I am really starting to think it all thru, have learned ALOT about myself in the process. Good luck :)
  • moonshadows72
    moonshadows72 Posts: 180 Member

Actualy yea.

I read them myself and I would think that most guys do if theyre hoping to find something a little more significant than a fling.

so if you only want a fling... theres not much point in a profile... just keep the sexy pics up. But assuming that you want more than that... Put some thought into it. Make it fun. If you get them to smile it goes a long way! I believe that making someone laugh is a lot better than quality after quality that you may have.
  • jend114
    jend114 Posts: 1,058 Member
    Been seeing a guy for 4 months
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Im not married and not looking and not unhappy about either.
  • Lift_This_
    Lift_This_ Posts: 2,756 Member
    kinda seeing someone...i say kinda because there is about 900 miles between us...we are able to skype a few nights a week and we are constantly texting or talking on the phone to each other. I am going to be visiting him this summer for a week.
  • Pixi_Rex
    Pixi_Rex Posts: 1,676 Member
    Still very single, but there is a prospect - if we could just get our schedules synced it would be a lot easier.
  • Lift_This_
    Lift_This_ Posts: 2,756 Member
    Still very single, but there is a prospect - if we could just get our schedules synced it would be a lot easier.

oh yea!!!! very excited for you!!!!
  • Windy_
    Windy_ Posts: 1,012 Member
    Still single. I tried to sign up for a dating site, but no, I can't do it., it's just not me.