Is this only for Americans?!

Options
15678911»

Replies

• SwimFan1981
    SwimFan1981 Posts: 1,430 Member
    Options
    Hell yeah bros, jingoism and idiot nationalism, *fist bump* Let's do this ****. Don't lump me in with those people who happened to have been born slightly north or south of where I was, dawg, the country to whom I belong through no action of my own is inherently superior, because
    being grouped in with most Americans having the same arrogance as you, No thank you. There is a reason why terriosts target your country and its not because its strong its because of the arrogence. When I travel and people ask me if Im American I make sure they are very aware I am not. Then we get treated with respect. When I see Americans travel I laugh at how they are treated because of their arrogance.

lol wow... Everywhere i go i make sure to say IM AMERICAN! shoot...lol funny ppl talk so much **** about us Americans. but when they get attacked, they come running to us.... btw name a place where terrorism hasn't took place? /facepalm..

on the other hand..

WHY CANT YOU PPL TAKE A JOKE?

:).

:laugh: Deary me...
  • mommabear13
    mommabear13 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi all
    I am a human that lives in a country called America or United States of America (USA), in the state of Colorado that has a severe weight problem. If you would like to become my friend, supporter, nag or cheerleader I would really appreciate it , I don't care what country or part of the world you are from as long as you are a nice and decent Human in need of the same type of support and willing to help me too.
  • bluskies01
    bluskies01 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I am not from America, I am from the "United States of America" which the more I think of it, sounds kind of silly. The people that named this place didn't have much creativity!

They didn't have any creativity at all. They copied our southern neighbors, Estados Unidos Mexicanos, aka The United States of Mexico.
  • cloggsy71
    cloggsy71 Posts: 2,208 Member
    Options
    Yup; lots of Brits on here too...

North Yorkshire here :smile:
  • marissa3209
    marissa3209 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Actually the UK is not England. It is Great Britain or England, Scotland, Ireland and Wales together.

And yes, plenty of people from this side of the water.

Jeesh, how did we ever let these people have independence? One mad king, Geroge 3rd and off they go talking about alooominum, eggs over easy, and the like when they should by rights be driving on the left and acknowledging the Queen as head of state while drinking tea and pink gin.

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!
  • AlanTuring
    Options
    Hell yeah bros, jingoism and idiot nationalism, *fist bump* Let's do this ****. Don't lump me in with those people who happened to have been born slightly north or south of where I was, dawg, the country to whom I belong through no action of my own is inherently superior, because
    being grouped in with most Americans having the same arrogance as you, No thank you. There is a reason why terriosts target your country and its not because its strong its because of the arrogence. When I travel and people ask me if Im American I make sure they are very aware I am not. Then we get treated with respect. When I see Americans travel I laugh at how they are treated because of their arrogance.
    I was about to quote the first post in this quote and laugh about how easily people get trolled on this site.

Then I saw the second post and almost **** myself laughing at how easily people get trolled on this site.
  • alannabowes
    alannabowes Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    THANK YOU! Canadians are NOT called Americans, though we are from NORTH AMERICA. we are CANADIANS.
  • RogueNanna
    RogueNanna Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Actually the UK is not England. It is Great Britain or England, Scotland, Ireland and Wales together.

Jeesh, how did we ever let these people have independence? One mad king, Geroge 3rd and off they go talking about alooominum, eggs over easy, and the like when they should by rights be driving on the left and acknowledging the Queen as head of state while drinking tea and pink gin.

I thought it was "this side of the pond" And what is pink gin?
  • AlanTuring
    Options
    THANK YOU! Canadians are NOT called Americans, though we are from NORTH AMERICA. we are CANADIANS.
    Why are you guys so mad about being North Americans? :(
  • ahviendha
    ahviendha Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options

yeah! we're all americans in arms! c'mon now!
  • AlanTuring
    Options

yeah! we're all americans in arms! c'mon now!
    As I've mentioned several times, what I find funny is that I have heard this argument a thousand times, but always from the other direction - people accusing Americans of being arrogant sods because they tell two continents to **** off and claim the name from both of those continents for their own little country.

Which is what makes this thread so hilarious, and really makes me think that people just enjoy the hell out of the sport of bashing Americans.
  • farway
    farway Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options

I thought it was "this side of the pond" And what is pink gin?

Pink gin, is gin & Angostura bitter, mostly drunk by toffs & Royal Navy officers
  • JohnMessmer
    Options
    I believe that ignorance is bliss, and there are some very happy people responding to this thread. I also happen to be an American, and considering some of the alternatives I am glad to live in the United States of America. I do not approve of everything that my country does, or has done, but I do appreciate the fact that I can state that disapproval from the very building where those decisions are made if I choose to do so; without fear of repercussions.
  • samanthalee87
    Options
    Canadians too :)
  • AlanTuring
    Options
    Whoa, Americans are allowed to criticize their own country? I hear the Queen executes Canadians who say they're a bit sick of reading French labels, so you're pretty lucky on that one man.
  • Beckyloo80
    Beckyloo80 Posts: 1,088 Member
    Options
    I am Canadian, I hate reading french labels, still have not been executed...... =)
  • raisingemilyjune
    Options
    I prefer to be called a United Stater. Please dont lump me in with Canadians or Mexicans.

Canadians are not called Americans. Americans are from the USA.

We are America, but not Americans. WIKI THAT *kitten*

You are North Americans so therefore Americans. And any idiot can edit WIKI pages.

I would never consider myself American, I am a first generation Canadian.
  • LiftHuff
    LiftHuff Posts: 131
    Options
    what makes this thread so hilarious, and really makes me think that people just enjoy the hell out of the sport of bashing Americans.

'Murrica Bashing burns tons of calories dontcha know.
  • AlanTuring
    Options
    I am Canadian, I hate reading french labels, still have not been executed...... =)
    Well now you've said it on the Internet, and since you don't live in America and can't criticize your government, maaan.

The point being that in the long run, living in most any Western democracy is going to lead to such similar levels of comfort and freedom that it's sort of silly to point out any one over the other as 'better.'
    what makes this thread so hilarious, and really makes me think that people just enjoy the hell out of the sport of bashing Americans.

'Murrica Bashing burns tons of calories dontcha know.
    That's right! I forgot about that. That must be why every single American is such a huge fatty lol fat Americans am I RITE?!

*loses five lbs from comment alone*