If anyone is bored out there, looking to help a girl out!

124»

Replies

• Alta2000
    Alta2000 Posts: 655 Member
    ShineyApple, if you are in a US university, I suggest that you visit the university clinic as it is free and included with your tuition. You might not realize it but from all your writing around the whole website, as well as the fact that you had been 105lb, there is an underlying eating disorder here. The clinic will have experts to have you address whatever the body issues are. It is the best setting to get help because it will be more difficult when you graduate and try to find help.
  • lauren3101
    lauren3101 Posts: 1,853 Member
    What's wrong with the calorie amount MFP gives you? It's accurate.

ROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLF! That's a good one... MFP does not take into consideration ANYTHING. It gives you a calorie amount based on what YOU tell it. It complete disregards your age, your weight your height and any other important information that one would need to make an informed decision on the correct amount of calories that one should be eating.

For 90% of people it will not be recommending anywhere NEAR enough and most often will recommend an amount that is dangerously low and well BELOW BMR.

Please do some research on your own instead of just blindly trusting a random number plucked from thin air by a website application that does not give a rats behind if you are 20 or 50 or have started your journey weighing 300+ or under 150lbs. It does not care if you are 5 feet tall or 6 feet tall and believe me there is a HUGE difference with respect to calories for all those variables. Looking at EVERYONE here, you would be hard pressed to find 2 people who have exactly the same caloric requirement.

What are you talking about? MFP does take into account your age, height and activity level, same as any other calculator on the internet. In fact out of all the ones I've tried, my results have always been very similar, MFP included.

As for eating too little, MFP is a calculator and can only work on the information people put in it. The trouble is, many people sign up and set themselves as sedentary when 99% of people are lightly active, and then decide that they want to lose it as quickly as possible so set their goal to 2lb per week. To do that, MFP has to create a 1000 calorie a day deficit, so it does.

If used the right way this site works very well.
  • twelfty
    twelfty Posts: 576 Member
    Please do some research on your own instead of just blindly trusting a random number plucked from thin air by a website application that does not give a rats behind if you are 20 or 50 or have started your journey weighing 300+ or under 150lbs. It does not care if you are 5 feet tall or 6 feet tall and believe me there is a HUGE difference with respect to calories for all those variables. Looking at EVERYONE here, you would be hard pressed to find 2 people who have exactly the same caloric requirement.

this is correct but maybe... a bit agressive lol

for example: when i entered in my info to mfp which at the time was 78.5 kg, 23, 6'4" and lightly active and intending on gaining weight it calculated me at roughly 2500 calories a day. by february ( a month later) i upped it to 3500 and was just about managing to gain weight, so that makes the calculator at least 1000 calories a day out for me, they do need to have a serious look at the calculator side of things, it seems theres a one size fits all one in place at the moment and as most will know that's simply not the case