Springing Sixers WK 1

Replies

• its_B
    its_B Posts: 491
    Cathy(chipper)......................SW 244.0 lbs / GW 235 lbs / CW 000 lbs / PROGRESS +/- lbs
    izzypup...............................SW 177.2 lbs / GW 175 lbs / CW 178.2 lbs / PROGRESS +1lbs
    Kristin (kistinbee).................SW 180.5 lbs/ GW 175.5 lbs/ CW 180.5 lbs/ PROGRESS XXX lbs
    Amy S (bahamom87)............SW 266 lbs / GW 259 lbs / CW 266 lbs / PROGRESS +/- lbs
    Amy (amypyr)......................SW 156.3 lbs / GW 150 lbs / CW 156.3 lbs / PROGRESS -0 lbs
    Rhiannon (PedalHound)........SW 000.0lbs / GW -10lbs /CW -0.0lbs / PROGRESS -0.0lbs
    AmyLou (amylou24).............SW 145.4 lbs / GW 140 lbs / CW 145.4 lbs / PROGRESS +/- lbs
    Tiff (gonabfit).......................SW 153lbs / GW 143 lbs / CW lbs / PROGRESS 0
    Lorna (lulabellewoowoo) SW 140.8 lbs/ GW 134.8 lbs / CW 140.8 lb/ PROGRESS ???lb
    Lauryn (Phoenix_Rising).......SW 157.8 lbs / GW 152 lbs / CW 158.2 lbs / PROGRESS +0.4 lbs
    Kelly (redneck woman)..........SW 152.0 lbs / GW 149 lbs / CW 152.0 lbs ?PROGRESS +/- 0 lbs
    Jennifer (candycaneps)........SW 0.0lbs/ GW 0.0lbs/ CW 0.0lbs PROGRESS +/- 0lbs - Pregnant
    B (its_B).............................SW 200.0 lbs/ GW 190 lbs/ CW 200.0 lbs/ PROGRESS +/- 0lb

pamh5555............................. SW 215 lbs/GW 000 lbs/CW 195 lbs/PROGRESS -20 lbs
    Amy (pdxmomof2)...............SW 200.6 lbs/ GW 188.0 lbs/ CW 201.00 lbs/ PROGRESS +0.4lbs ~AmY

I am actually unaware of my current weight.. I imagine its around 200, 201... but I dk for sure. I am most def. going to the gym tonight after work. No more excuises... last night I was reading a book and told myself that I hadnt finished a book in forever so it was okay to indulge this one time and just sit in my hot bath tub for hours and not go to the gym... Im soooo bad... Good news is that my diet and water have been going great! I have been on a Vegetarian food regime for 3 days, and everyday my food choices are getting healthier and healthier (which is kind of crazy cuz I was being pretty damn healthy before that) Last night I cooked a pasta and asparagus recipe with feta cheese, it turned out sooo good!

B-Kellog's special K, little baggie of black berries, and 1% Organic Milk (all packed up and brought to the store with me cuz I am still not hungry)
    L-Leftovers of the yummy meal I made last night!
    D- Leek and Potato soup! (If I make it well haha! Never cooked with fresh leeks before!)
    S- i dont have any planned!

So i guess onto a few other things, I am having massive boy issues... HUGE... I've never been so confused in my life. Its like, *BOOM* I have 3 guys. Alex, my long distance relationship who I cant break up with because A. I care about, B. His mom and him barely saved their house, C. His mom has a bunch of cancerous tumors, D. He is the only one taking care of his mom... I cant add to that until things get better.... I just cant! I know in a lot of ways it is wrong, but I just couldnt do him wrong like that...

Then there is Grant... My Ex, who has suddenly popped back into my life... A totally different guy. He is in the special forces (well will be after he gets shipped to bootcamp in the fall... but he has tested into the green beres if he makes it through boot camp)... We have so much history. It just feels sooooooooooooooooo natural. It would be easy to fall for him again...

Then finally, there is Raphael, or Raph as he likes to be called. lol. He is a sexy version of Bob Marley! I REALLY don't mean to offend anyone when I say, I have never dated let alone kissed a black guy before. But he is SOOOOO intelligent. We went out for coffee and I had the most intellectually stimulating conversation I've had in years! We discussed everything from politics and community, to hobbies. HE HAS 4 MOTORCYCLES! (plus he has a pick up truck! <- my inner country girl LOVES this!) HE is getting his masters after this summer in Social Services. He works 25 hours a week, interns another 10, and goes to school full time. He has been to like 10 different countries, he comes from a very intelligent family. He speaks some french and speaks creole fluently, he has lived in Florida, and would love to return. (He has already given me the name of the best cheap restaurants in Miami, and the best dance clubs!) Gosh I like him!

I realized I just ranted... MASSIVELY... but I am just sooo effing lost. I don't even know if I want to be dating someone or in a relationship... I am having fun just doing my thing, and I am going to be leaving for FL in May... I just don't know!!!!! So I started a new book, and I am hoping it will help me out, "HOT Relationships; How to know what you want, Get what you want, and Keep it Red Hot!" - by Tracey Cox. I am hoping it will help out, if not I have already gotten a couple laughs! She is very whitty. Okay well I willl stop ranting now... for some reason just typing this out has made me feel a lot better..

<3
    B
  • frogy_98
    frogy_98 Posts: 212 Member
    Cathy(chipper)......................SW 244.0 lbs / GW 235 lbs / CW 000 lbs / PROGRESS +/- lbs
    izzypup...............................SW 177.2 lbs / GW 175 lbs / CW 178.2 lbs / PROGRESS +1lbs
    Kristin (kistinbee).................SW 180.5 lbs/ GW 175.5 lbs/ CW 180.5 lbs/ PROGRESS XXX lbs
    Amy S (bahamom87)............SW 266 lbs / GW 259 lbs / CW 266 lbs / PROGRESS +/- lbs
    Amy (amypyr)......................SW 156.3 lbs / GW 150 lbs / CW 156.3 lbs / PROGRESS -0 lbs
    Rhiannon (PedalHound)........SW 000.0lbs / GW -10lbs /CW -0.0lbs / PROGRESS -0.0lbs
    AmyLou (amylou24).............SW 145.4 lbs / GW 140 lbs / CW 145.4 lbs / PROGRESS +/- lbs
    Tiff (gonabfit).......................SW 153lbs / GW 143 lbs / CW lbs / PROGRESS 0
    Lorna (lulabellewoowoo) SW 140.8 lbs/ GW 134.8 lbs / CW 140.8 lb/ PROGRESS ???lb
    Lauryn (Phoenix_Rising).......SW 157.8 lbs / GW 152 lbs / CW 158.2 lbs / PROGRESS +0.4 lbs
    Kelly (redneck woman)..........SW 152.0 lbs / GW 149 lbs / CW 152.0 lbs ?PROGRESS +/- 0 lbs
    Jennifer (candycaneps)........SW 0.0lbs/ GW 0.0lbs/ CW 0.0lbs PROGRESS +/- 0lbs - Pregnant

pamh5555............................. SW 215 lbs/GW 000 lbs/CW 195 lbs/PROGRESS -20 lbs
    B (its_B).............................SW 204.8 lbs/ GW 198 lbs/ CW 200.0 lbs/ PROGRESS - 4.8 lb
    Amy (pdxmomof2)...............SW 200.6 lbs/ GW 188.0 lbs/ CW 201.00 lbs/ PROGRESS +0.4lbs ~AmY
    Tracy ( frogy_98) ......... SW 225.2 lbs/ GW 215.0 lbs/ CW 221.8 lbs / progress -3.2 lbs

Hi all I am new to the group and want to thank you for this group I think it will help me stay on track.

Hope everyone is having a great weekend and will check in later when my dd is not trying to help me type.
  • PedalHound
    PedalHound Posts: 1,625 Member
    Well ladies, we got the new place! I can't believe we'll be taking posession in 2 weeks. Thankfully we'll have a bit of an over-lap so it's not too chaotic. I've never moved with little ones but I know they'll do better if it's not rushed.

I know I've mentioned before that I was trying to go off of flour products and sugars. Well, after a good conversation with another nutrition-happy lady I know, I decided I'd try going off of wheat and sugar and all but one serving a day of dairy. I'm still going to try to keep the flour products to less than half of my daily grain consumption but I'm down 3.4 lbs since Tuesday (obviously some of that is water!) and I feel so much better.

Tracy, WELCOME! I'm going to just bump you up to the top section of the check-in list :smile: Tell us a bit about yourself!

The plan is that we have our official weigh-in on Tuesdays and each challenge is 6 weeks in length. You can post your meals and exercise to help you stay on track and you'll find a lot of motivation and support here :bigsmile: Also, your check-in for this challenge represents your starting weight for the individual challenge and your current challenge weight-loss. I assume you've got an over-all listed right now.

Tracy ( frogy_98) ......... SW 225.2 lbs/ GW 215.0 lbs/ CW 221.8 lbs / progress -3.2 lbs

B (its_B).............................SW 204.8 lbs/ GW 198 lbs/ CW 200.0 lbs/ PROGRESS - 4.8 lb

Jennifer, I didn't know you were expecting! Congrats! When are you due??
  • chipper15173
    chipper15173 Posts: 3,981 Member
    i am seeing the nice scale number in my head as i want taco bell for dinner.......

going for a couple soft tacos....checking out website now.
  • frogy_98
    frogy_98 Posts: 212 Member
    Hi ladies my name is Tracy and I posted earlier and am finally making it back on to tell you a little bit about myself.

I currently live in North Dakota and have been married for 5 years to my wonderful husband and have a 2 year old daughter. I currently stay at home with her during the week and work part time for a friend of mine at a cookie shop, it does not help with the scale but I am getting better at it.

We love to go outside and play and go to the pool. I am excited it is summer time so we will be going and doing a lot more, but it also means shorts weather and me and shorts are not friends right now.

But anyways I have struggelled with my weight since I was about 20 years old, but I was never the skinny girl so I am not going for that I would just like to be fit again. About a year and a half about I had lost about 30 lbs just to put it back on and more when I was going through changes of medication for my epilepsy. But now that it is under control and I am not on a med known for weight gain, I am trying to get my weight under control. I have about 75 lbs I would like to lose and hope to be able to do it over the next year or so. Besides wanting to do it for myself, I want to do it for my family oh and some weddings coming up next year.... But most of all I just want to be a happier and healthier ME.

I hope to get to know you all and support you all.

Take Care
  • chipper15173
    hey tracy,

busy day ahead. holding open house for 4 homes. all empty and on the same street within walking distance. since this is my first time doing it and i will be alone, DH is coming with me. they are all 2 story and i have to look at each one. lots of good workouts there. there is no furniture in them, so will be standing around too.

have to stop at 2 store before and after.

later

ps did good at taco bell, went over by 100.
  • PedalHound
    Cathy, good luck! And only going over by 100 when you have fast food is an accomplishment!

Tracy, I have also gained back (too much!) of what I lost, due in part to medical stuff. Let's fight back!! I have always been a little on the heavy side - since about age 4 - though I've always been very athletic. My weight peaked after my second child (I have a daughter, 5 and a son, 3) and in summer 2008 I found MFP. I lost 53lbs in 5 months, trained for and ran my first half marathon, then maintained that weight loss until an injury benched me this past fall. I got very down and allowed the scale to creep WAY back up. I never could have imagined how easy it would be to re-gain weight!!! Anyway, I'm back in the game now and ready to reclaim my glory :wink: I am a certified personal trainer and have education in nutrition, and I'm in the process of getting my group fitness certification to get back into working in the fitness world. We are a homelearning family on the West coast of Canada. So that's my summary! Nice to "meet" you :smile:
  • bahamomma87
    bahamomma87 Posts: 164
    Hey sixers....

Kel -- welcome back girl !!! I missed ya :bigsmile: Sorry life hasnt been so much fun lately.... but hopefully we can all get back into the swing of things ! good luck this week

B- im so so so proud of you for going "vegetarian" lol.... didnt know there was a difference lol :blushing: Thanks for your support ! You know i miss ya when your not around... so much ! :tongue: and check you out miss thang :drinker: with THREE men ! wow ... i admire your heart with your current beau... but i think in the end it would hurt him WAY more... if you stayed with him for those reasons.... its your life i understand.. and you know i luv ya ... but no matter what i was going thru in my life... i would want my S/O to be upfront with me no matter what ! .... Then theres your ex... what were the reasons it didnt work before??? cuz sometimes those same reasons depending on what they were can be brought back later on .... and then Oh la la .... smoochin the intellectual Raphael lol.... Whatever you decide... go with your heart... and be honest and upfront with yourself and the people you are falling for ! :heart: good luck finding your way .... esp. with so many changes in your life with your diet lifestyle AS WELL as moving to go to the Sea- Base soon !

Cathy- i love your profile pic.... that is so true sometimes huh? I always love your posts... you work so hard around your home.... good for you! Im sad to say i wouldnt even know how to start a lawn mower ! :huh: yay for getting your brakes fixed !

Rhiannon- the new suite sounds FAB ! definately more space.... I bet you are totally full of nerves.... its hard when you have to leave a place filled with memories... but think of all the great new memories you get to make in "more space" ! :bigsmile: Good luck on the certification stuff to start on .... that sounds so amazing ! i know you can do it ! Good for you for having a PERFECT day !

Laurynn- I know we can both get THRU and past these snacking times.... awww sorry for the tummy ache ! they are nevver fun ! Yea i need to make more time for working out too ! this past week was a nightmare with the baby teething ugh ! NO EXCUSES though this week for me ! lol ... GOOD fOR YOU for making time for the gym !

Emmie-- :frown: Im sorry girl for everything you are going through right now .... We are here for you ... but we totally understand just needing to take some time ... Good for you for wanting to continue your healthy lifestyle ! It will def. combat stress.

PAm- WAY TO GO GIRL ! ... you are rocking it ! :flowerforyou:

Jennifer-- CONGRATS on your sweet baby ! do you know boy or girl yet ?!?! .... I think your on the right track .... Eat healthy, work out, stay happy and healthy and if you want a tip on an AWESOME pregnancy work out ... go to www.beachbody.com and check out Yoga Booty BAllet Baby on the Way ! IT IS FANTASTIC !

Tracy -- I love that we have newbies ! WELCOME !....

AFM:
    I have had an awful week ... absolutely AWFUL ! :devil: :embarassed: I worked out a few times.... but not nearly as much as i should have... the baby was teething .... family issues...... and my eating ... OMG ... all over the board..... from eating healthy to eating poorly to snacking.... to take-out ! you name it.... UGH !

I am pushing forward... putting the past where it belongs.... and planning on rocking this coming week..... I will weigh in tuesday just to see what i am... and then im PUTTING THAT SCALE AWAY FOR A WEEK ! ... i have become obsessed with that thing.... and its not healthy to be on that every 5 mins throughout the day ! .....

Looking forward to a fab week ... !
  • chipper15173
    good morning ladies....

remember WE are in control of the food. the food DOESN'T"T control us. make it the only thing you CAN control. we CAN"T control others and THEIR actions or life in general. the sun is going to rise and set the same time everyday. there is nothing we can do about it. life is always changing, we have to learn to go with it and just what's right in our hearts. someone else may think it's wrong as long as you are good with it, that's all that matters. it's like when you go away from home for over a day and you come back and feel like a stranger. life, the city went on without you. it's going to go on if you eat well or not. soooo choose to eat well and put yourself first. learn to like your self, than learn to love your self. get angry about the few pounds gained and attack. cause if you don't and let it be ok, then before you know it you have fallen and it's now 10/20 pounds back on. than the roller-coaster begins it's down hill run. this is not good.

just my thoughts lately. something i deal with daily. sorry if i depressed anyone. my intentions were to get the spark going. i have been practicing the art of looking at the food in it's intentions and not addiction. i will be pleased with tomorrows weigh in. very pleased.

time to clean house, weed the garden and relax
  • bahamomma87
    2509381tl5na2wumv.png

I am back dedicated more then EVER !
    Got up and did THREE MILES :bigsmile: :drinker:

Menu for the day

B- 1 banana/1 cup of corn flakes/1/2 cup 2% milk
    S- apple
    L- Lean Cuisine/1 cup spinach, onion, tomato/ 1tbsp italian dressing
    S- Fiber PLus Bar
    D- 3 oz roast/1/2 cup mashed potato/1 cup steam broccoli and mushrooms
    S- 1 cup hot tea with 1/2 cup milk

give or take depending on my points ...... i think that comes to like 27 points ...
    and my range is 28-32 so I may have a little more roast for protein versus eating more carbs !
    or a slice of whole wheat toast with lunch !!!

REady for my day !
  • bahamomma87
    2509381tl5na2wumv.png

I am back dedicated more then EVER !
    Got up and did THREE MILES :bigsmile: :drinker:

Menu for the day

B- 1 banana/1 cup of corn flakes/1/2 cup 2% milk
    S- apple
    L- Lean Cuisine/1 cup spinach, onion, tomato/ 1tbsp italian dressing
    S- Fiber PLus Bar
    D- 3 oz roast/1/2 cup mashed potato/1 cup steam broccoli and mushrooms
    S- 1 cup hot tea with 1/2 cup milk

give or take depending on my points ...... i think that comes to like 27 points ...
    and my range is 28-32 so I may have a little more roast for protein versus eating more carbs !
    or a slice of whole wheat toast with lunch !!!

REady for my day !
  • kistinbee
    kistinbee Posts: 3,688 Member
    Okay...just updated the list. Dropped anyone who didn't check in this past week.

B (its_B).............................SW 200.0 lbs/ GW 190 lbs/ CW 200.0 lbs/ PROGRESS +/- 0 lb
  • kistinbee
    Not sure how I should track anything as I am gaining and not losing. But I will like to keep up and try and stay healthy, and have a wonderful support group once I have the baby!

Jennifer...YAY! I still kept touching base here while I was pregnant! When are you due? How exciting!

Well...I had an okay weekend. Had my biopsies done Thursday and there's one spot on my back that is REALLY sore! Hoping it heals quickly. I will need to get more done after I'm finished breastfeeding so they can give me some pain killers and ointment. I should get the results back from the ones I had done this week. Eating wise was okay. I did not do as well as I had planned though. I had a run in with some ice cream that I'm not too proud of. Went for a walk yesterday and hoping to do the same tonight. Also need to get the food in check again...why do I always fall off on the weekends?!

Well...need to get started on some work! Have a good morning!
  • its_B
    SIXERS! GOD I HAVE BEEN DYING TO GET ON HERE ALLLLLL MORNING! I even came to school early just so I could get on here. I guess for the first time in awhile... I was REALLY bad last night...
    I broke both my calories... and being vegetarian...
    I ate 4 slices of pizza and 4 bread sticks....
    ^ FAT
    I AM SUCH A FATTY!!!
    Gosh I am feeling terrible.. so why the sudden indulgence and pity party? I broke up with Alex. I wasn't planning on it, but I realized that everyone was right, that in the long run I was just going to hurt him more. So I did it. And in the process I broke my own heart too.... :(. So I went to a friends, I indulged in some vodka, and ate my body weight in obnoxious greasy meaty carbs.
    So I am back, and I am back full swing, because there is NO WAY, that I am going to move backwards over this relationship. He is such a good guy, I will strive to be my best so that I can say I became better knowing him. So today, my *kitten* is GOING to the gym, and I am going to stay there at least an hour and a half. I am going to do this Vegetarian thing without any more slip ups for the next month. And because of the relationship book I am reading, I am going to stay SINGLE for the next 6 mo. because I have never been single over a month or two my entire teenage and adult life. I need to discover myself, and become my own independent woman. I need to be able to make myself happy without a man in my life. So Sixers, I am Back, and NOTHING, I repeat, NOTHING - no excuses, no men, no friends, no laziness, no MEAT,- is going to get in my way!!!

Okay will do personals in min,
    <3
    B
  • its_B
    yay! PERSONALS!

Rhiannon- YAY on getting the new place! I have also been thinking about dropping sugar from my diet, let me know how it goes for you the first week or so!

Tracy - Welcome! I know that with all of us by your side you can achieve your goals! We can be athletically curvy together!! :)

Cathy - YAY FOR ONLY GOING OVER A 100!!!! LOVED your motivational post, you are completely right and I am going to totally take your outlook and use it for motivation!

AMY!!!!!!! - Gosh I wanted to talk to you sooo badly last night. I was all upset and all i could think was, I need my motivation buddy to stop me from eating this pizza. Shes so blunt she would talk sense into me. But sadly, that didnt happen :( but your post made me smile, and made me realize I am a great person and that I can't give up, I have already lost 20, I can make my goal and loose the last 40, while being my own self, and living life for ME! Oh, so Ex - we broke up cuz we moved in together, and then all hell broke loose. He cheated on me, and used me for money. We broke up at the end of July last year in a very bad way. So randomly he started talking to me, and then told me he misseed me and he made a mistake by letting me go, and that after we broke up he hit rock bottom, and now he was a different person. But I came to my senses last night and realized, We broke up, and I dropped 10 pounds. I became my old self, and that I was WAY happier without him in my life. No matter how much I loved him, It is time to move on. And Raphael.. Gosh he is soo smart and sexy... but I think we would be better just being friends :) At least for now. I don't need to be dealing with boy drama when I am moving out of state :P I rather be focusing on getting a sexy bikini body so that I can drive the boys out of state crazy :tongue: AND Just learn from this last week, and We are going to move onto this next week and kick *kitten*! I have one challenge left before I leave and I am going to meet my goal! YOU ARE GOING TO MEET YOURS TOO!!! Let make a promise that instead of eating unhealthy we are going to post here on FB, or if you want to txt each other on the phone we can do that too! Send my a message if you want! We can be motivational txt message buddies!!!

Okay for anyone I didnt comment or post about, I AM SORRY! you are totally on my mind right now 100%ly so!!!!
    Time for class though!
    Will be back later, I promise that!!!
    B
  • pamh5555
    pamh5555 Posts: 191 Member
    pamh5555............................. SW 215 lbs/GW 000 lbs/CW 192.5 lbs/PROGRESS -22.5 lbs
  • kistinbee
    Meal plan:

B-oatmeal, 1/2 c. skim milk, 2 c. coffee, 4 tbsp. sugar free creamer
    S-trail mix bar, banana
    L-wheat flat-out wrap with 1 wedge light garlic herb laughing cow cheese, 1/4 c. mozzarella, 4 slices turkey lunchmeat, cucumber, tomato, lettuce....YUM! Also, baby carrots and a light yogurt.
    S-forgot to bring something else! Bummer...but I can wait until I get home!
    D-Chicken...not sure what I'm doing with it, but probably going to have it with salad and a baked potato
    S-strawberries or grapes

Exercise plan:

2 mile walk with Kadence and hopefully a 20 minute video...need to see what I can do video-wise since I've had these biopsies. I had a chuck taken out of my back and most the video routines require laying on your back...don't know that I can do that...we'll see.
  • kistinbee
  • PedalHound
    B!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Girl, THIS IS IT! I'm sorry about your heart break and Alex's but I am SO HAPPY to hear what you've said about yourself and relationships and focusing on YOU. I have so hoped this is where you'd find yourself. Pizza happens. Next step! Oh, and kicking sugar is always a little tough but this time I've actually found it MUCH easier. I think the zero-tolerance policy makes a difference. Trying to "cut down" doesn't work for me. I'll just find excuses. But with me, usually if I can just get past that acute desire (say, by mustering JUST enough will power to stick a piece of gum in my mouth rather than something sweet) I'm okay. Once it passes my lips though, it seems my best intentions fly out the window at warp speed. And by eliminating sugar I'm talking full-on. If a jar of pasta sauce has any sugar in it, no-go. Crackers, bread... anything. NO sugar. But between that and removing wheat I'm just focusing on basic things like having a plate of raw chopped vegetables, organic no-filler sausage or some other protein... I feel amazing.

Kristin, I hope you feel better soon! Weekends are rough so the more planning ahead the better!

Cathy, I liked your post. It's TRUE!

Amy, good for you for starting off the day with a bang!

I feel terrible today actually... my stomach is in knots. I had a total wheat-based beal and I'm holding 3lbs of water today! Perhaps a good confirmation that it just doesn't particularly work for me. A lot of people have some degree of inflammatory response to wheat without realizing it and I know that even without particular symptoms or actual allergies, many people feel a positive difference when they go off wheat. It's fascinating. So, considering I'm having mysterious issues in some of my joints, I'm happy to kick it.

Food today:

1: 1% cottage cheese w/ 1/2 cup blueberries & 1/2 banana + 1 cup mint green tea
    2: 1 slice spelt toast w/ turkey, 1 cup broccoli florets, walnuts
    3: protein shake w/ blueberries
    4: vegetables & organic sausage
    5: chevre & tomato omelet

Have a great day ladies!
  • chipper15173
    b totally agree with pedal on the boyfriend issue.

got everything done today.

see y'all at weigh in in the morning.....