Sweetie, Honey, Sugarplum, SNOOKUMS???

1235»

Replies

• Papalov100
    Papalov100 Posts: 1,593 Member
    some of the nick names are silly and some i enjoy hearing
  • Terasome
    Terasome Posts: 3,808 Member
    Since Ive been here, Ive been called hun, love, dear, sweet, baby, babygirl, princess, sunshine, hunny, doll etc.

It doesnt really worry me Ive started calling people hun, sweet, babe.

I dont mind pet names its that little bit more personal :wink:
  • MayaSPapaya
    MayaSPapaya Posts: 735 Member
    I like them all haha...my favorite would have to be being called baby, babygirl or love.
  • martini83
    martini83 Posts: 113 Member
    My flatmate calls me booboo, I hate it.
  • postrockandcats
    postrockandcats Posts: 1,145 Member
    I lived in Baltimore for HS and College, so I'm used to being called "hon" by strangers. I also live in the South now, so small terms of endearment aren't uncommon (at least in my small town). But, it's time and place. I'm a graphic designer and the owner of one of my clients calls me "baby" and "sweetheart" all the time and it just grates on me. Luckily, I don't deal with him directly or don't see him much. I'm not 100% sure he even knows my name. But, whatever- it's not worth fighting over for a once-a-month, 3-second pass in a hallway. But a waiter or cashier throwing out a "darlin" or a "sweetie" doesn't bother me.

I've put a stop to people calling me everything from sweetcheeks to kiddo (my father was the only one allowed to use "kiddo," thanks) in a professional or academic situation.