Petite Women 4'10"-5'3"... what's your hip and waist size?

Replies

• fionalew
    fionalew Posts: 18 Member
    Waist 27 inches
    Hips 38.5 inches

I am one of 3 sisters. We all weigh around 125 pounds and are all about 5'2/5'3 - but all have entirely different body shapes. One of my sisters has a waist 3 inches bigger than mine but hips 2 inches smaller and the other has pretty much the same waist & hip size. You just have to accept your shape and work with what you've got
  • kcovin
    kcovin Posts: 6 Member
    I am 5'2 149 lbs my waist is 29.5 and my hips are 42.5
    for sure a pear hehe
  • I'm 4'11...

126 lbs.
    Waist: 29.5
    Thighs: 25
    Hips: 34
  • I am 57 and 4' 11'' on a good day. I am 36 bust 28 waist and 35 hip. I consider myself reasonably fit for my age and always manage my diet and done some form of moderate exercise. I have had a quick skim at this chat and I see a lot of concerns with waist size so I thought l would pass on my little find. I am what the industry describe as banana or rectangular shape and I don't think you can change what you are, however up until recently I was a 29'' waist. I gave up a gym membership a while ago and replaced it with a treadmill at home, but I became board and I felt my toning was lacking, so onto Amazon I went and found Kettlecise for women so I gave it a go. I started with a 4kg bell and with-in a couple of weeks went up to 6kg (I had some fitness already but not at all to athletic standards) I measured my waist today after about 6 weeks with this kettlebell plan (not used my treadmill doh) to find I have lost a full inch from the waist. I have been trying to do this for years. My tum has never been so flat, my arms have definition my back toned. So what I'm trying to say girls you have to try this, it's brill and fast results if you keep it up. goodbye expensive gym hello little kettlebell...????
    The calorie burn for my height and and weight for 20 mins is 319 I try and do the 50 min workout twice a week and that burns 637 boom ????
  • nomorebingesgirl2014
    nomorebingesgirl2014 Posts: 378 Member
    Bump
  • Melanie794
    Melanie794 Posts: 4 Member
    I'm 5'3", 163 pounds my waist is 39 inches and my hips 45 inches around.
  • 5'3"
    108 lbs
    25" waist
    31" hips
  • JazzFischer1989
    JazzFischer1989 Posts: 531 Member
    5'3", 95ish lbs, 21.5 waist and 33.5 hips.
  • independant2406
    independant2406 Posts: 447 Member
    Every human being is built differently and will look amazing with totally different final measurements for hips/waist etc.

If I look back at photos from my family going 4 generations back I know every single grandma had big hips and a smallish waist. Most have short legs and a longer torso. This makes for huge hip measurements and a narrow waist measurement (hourglass shape) I have a friend who is my height but has narrow hips, long legs and a short torso (her hip and waist measurements are closer together than mine because of her body shape. Genetics and body shape are at work here, not necessarily the fitness of the human being. :)

With that said you should shoot for a healthy body overall not a specific measurement.
  • ExRelaySprinter
    ExRelaySprinter Posts: 874 Member
    I'm 5'3 (almost) and 122.8lbs. Waist is 26.5 and hips are 35.5.

This would be my ideal actually^^^.
    I'm 5' 3.5, 129 lbs, waist 27.5, hips 38.
  • laineybz
    laineybz Posts: 704 Member
    Seeing as i've just returned from a 10 day holiday i haven't taken measurements lol but when i last did on 25th Aug, they were;

Height 5"2, weight 101 lbs (actually want to gain abit), waist 23 inches and hips 29 inches.
  • Age 54
    4' 10.5"
    weight: 141.5
    waist 38
    hips 43:sad:
  • Melanie794
    I'm 5'3" 163 pounds my waist is 39 inches my hips are 45 inches around
  • Melanie794
    If you are 95 pounds I would be eating more to gain weight
  • BornxVillain
    BornxVillain Posts: 79 Member
    I am inbetween 103-105lbs right now.
    4'11.5! Still in the 4ft, don't kick me out! :laugh:

Waist - 24in
    Hips - 33in
  • LynnModest
    LynnModest Posts: 11 Member
    I'm 5'3" and currently weigh in at 134lbs. I measured tonight my hips are 38.5inches. I have more narrow hips though (for my size and height). My waist is like 36 (i think) but I have front belly fat too. BUT all in all we are all different. If you have curves, take them in stride and say heck yea! Beautiful comes in all shapes and sizes so try not to worry about what the numbers say and just how you are seeing results. Try not to stress at it too much and things will be a lot easier! good luck feel free to add me if you want! :)
  • ell_23
    ell_23 Posts: 103
    5'3"
    125 lbs
    Waist 27 inches
    Hips 37.5 inches
  • LockStockNSam
    LockStockNSam Posts: 30 Member
    Height: 4'10"
    Weight: 123 lbs
    Waist: 25"
    Hips: 35"

Yay, tiny fitness ladies!
  • I'm 4'10

Weight: 92lbs
    Waist: 23"
    Hips: 31"

I want to start working out and eating better!!
  • Cait_Sidhe
    Cait_Sidhe Posts: 3,150 Member
    4' 10 1/2"
    My waist was 26" and my hips were 35". Don't know what they are now.