Shakeology by beachbody, is it worth it?

Options
123457»

Replies

• summerraechew
    Options
    It honestly depends on the person themselves. I recently became a beach body coach but I won't put pressure on anyone here saying "buy it, you need it, etc." It depends on the individual. For example, I'm doing fine without it but that's because my mom raised me to eat extremely healthy (since I was merely 5-6 years old). The family owned a farm, we grew a lot of produce, I milked cows, we had our own chickens. I kept one as a pet and named him Cookie, until he died :'( So, my family is very good with nutrition and organic eating and healthy living. We get our nutrients by eating extremely healthy. Not meal replacement shakes. We don't eat fast foods at ALL nor junk. We drink organic milk, fresh juices, homemade tea, and shop at Whole Foods market when we want more groceries, and my mom still has a garden of organic produce. (The pineapples are almost ready!) Enough about my family and I, lol. The thing is, ShakeO is best for people who are not used to healthy eating and/or were raised in bad eating habits and would struggle eating purely. I prefer getting my nutrients straight from the food/fruits/veggies. The only BeachBody food product I do purchase is P90x protein bars, for when I'm very busy and on the go. They do taste great. No pressure on anyone though, it's your own personal decision on what you want to do, but this is just my opinion. Ps- not all of us TBB coaches are "moochers". I became one because I love helping people. I'm not hungry for money lol. I'm 21 by the way (:
  • jabercrombie0780
    jabercrombie0780 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I've been drinking Shakeology for three years. I am the world's worst cook and I'm quite busy, so knowing that dinner's taken care of is great. As a coach (and I originally signed up to get a discount on Shakeology, which I was already forking over $120/mo for, and to hear about new products first), it sickens me to see other coaches trying to push products and promote a "unique business opportunity." In fact, I will purposely not put my BB URL in this thread or even on my MFP profile, because I find that completely tacky.

I am happy with the company, and have always been happy with their customer service. A few months ago, they changed the Chocolate to a superfood formula, and when I tried it I almost ralphed. I called them and they let me send it back, with no shipping cost to me, and refunded my money.

Though I think Beachbody's workouts and supplements are the best on the market (and worth every penny), it's a shame that coaching has become so much of a get rich quick scheme, thus perpetuating a stereotype that is somewhat based in truth. No, not every coach operates in that manner, and I am lucky to be part of a team that operates with integrity.
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    Though I think Beachbody's workouts and supplements are the best on the market (and worth every penny),

lol
  • Coyoteldy
    Coyoteldy Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Its a personal choice ( no I am not a coach).. I prefer to make my own shakes and add what I want into them including fruits veggies grains etc.. I take supplements for my vitamins and minerals. I just prefer to know exactly what is in my shake and how it is processed. I also can mind my budget that way as well.
    For some Shakeology works great .. for others it is just not an option. My advice is to weigh the pros and cons, look at other comparable products and then decide what works best for your body, budget and time.
  • dereklfoster
    dereklfoster Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Was curious about this too. How diff is it than the protien powter at costco or GNC?