SO CONFUSED~

13»

Replies

• SRH7
    SRH7 Posts: 2,037 Member
    I'm all about HelloItsDan's Roadmap:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/912914-in-place-of-a-road-map-3-2013

Want to simplify the Roadmap even more? Use heybals's spreadsheet to calculate your daily calories, which takes into consideration not only the amount, but also the type of exercise you do. You'll just need a tape measure and a scale.:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/717858-spreadsheet-bmr-tdee-and-deficit-calcs-macros-hrm

Finally, pay closer attention to tracking your measurements. My scale has been barely budging, but I have lost inches from my waist, hips and thighs so far this year. Sometimes we simply need to redefine "success".

Agreed. Figure out your ideal calorie intake, factor in the exercise you are doing, log everything on MFP and stick to it. To keep it simple I try to make up half my plate with veg, quarter with protein, quarter with carbs. A set of kitchen scales is also invaluable to make sure you are actually eating the quantities you think you are.
  • mhenrish
    mhenrish Posts: 1
    try the food lovers diet - it teaches you how to eat protein, slow carb, fast carb at everymeal and eat in between so you are not putting your body into starvation mode. I did this last year and lost 30 lbs in 5 months. Again if you learn how to eat the foods correctly there is nothing you can not eat (and drink) on that diet.
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    just so we are all CLEAR HERE! I am moving! I am working out 5 days a week at the gym. I really only wanted helpful things not the attitude u get on here! thanks! This is supposed to be a helpful site that people can go 2 to get that support and yet we have the people who just want to be total *sses!

Well, you got helpful advice. Not only was it helpful, it was... right. I was going to expound a little in regards to one particular post that I thought was extremely helpful, as it was how I dropped 40 pounds. Alas, with the attitude you've displayed in this one post, never mind.
  • nomicat77
    nomicat77 Posts: 132 Member
    try the food lovers diet - it teaches you how to eat protein, slow carb, fast carb at everymeal and eat in between so you are not putting your body into starvation mode. I did this last year and lost 30 lbs in 5 months. Again if you learn how to eat the foods correctly there is nothing you can not eat (and drink) on that diet.

Huh!!!! I am looking this up thank you!!!!!
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member

I'm not familiar with it specifically, but I'd guess the most important "secret" of that diet isn't the speed of the carbs or the frequency of the meals, but it is that you are eating at a slight calorie deficit...(but I admit, it's just a guess).
  • rob1976
    rob1976 Posts: 1,328 Member
    "Weight loss, like life, isn't a marathon. It's a dance. You just have to make sure you're taking more steps forward than back."

---Me
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    some great info in here to look back on for any of us!
  • tpt1950
    tpt1950 Posts: 292 Member
    just so we are all CLEAR HERE! I am moving! I am working out 5 days a week at the gym. I really only wanted helpful things not the attitude u get on here! thanks! This is supposed to be a helpful site that people can go 2 to get that support and yet we have the people who just want to be total *sses!
    Are you kidding?? Are you really 32 years old?
    attitude-adjustment_zpsb228f3d8.jpg
  • "Weight loss, like life, isn't a marathon. It's a dance. You just have to make sure you're taking more steps forward than back."

---Me

^^Love that! You just made that up?? I may steal it... ;)

And no, OP...no one was rude to you...they were all quite helpful.
  • Duck_Puddle
    Duck_Puddle Posts: 3,237 Member

I believe the OP is being sarcastic here. At least I'm interpreting this to be a play on the "people are mean" threads. But I could be wrong, I had issues on a previous thread because I interpreted something differently than someone else.
  • I am so confused on what the right diet or workout plan is to lose the weight. There are so many out there, but I dont know what route to take or what diet to follow!

I've lost 8 pounds in the last 5 weeks, just using this program and walking. besides trying to stay in range of my suggested calories, I also look at the pie chart graphs of carbs, protein and fat and try to meet those percentages. That is helpful because it made me aware of where a lot of my calories were coming from......cheese. My best friend and hated foe.

hang in there--what I like about this program is that everyday is a new day for me, I got discouraged on WW because if I blew it one day I felt discouraged for the rest of the week.....
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,078 Member

Wow YOU are the rude one.

You've had people take the time to write a reply to you, quite good replies, not ONE person has been rude to you and this is how you thank them for their efforts to help you?!

I certainly won't be offering any advice to you.
  • quirkytizzy
    quirkytizzy Posts: 4,052 Member

I believe the OP is being sarcastic here. At least I'm interpreting this to be a play on the "people are mean" threads. But I could be wrong, I had issues on a previous thread because I interpreted something differently than someone else.

The OP wasn't being sarcastic - this thread was created days ago.
  • Kimberan64
    Kimberan64 Posts: 4 Member
    It's hard to read things online because things can be taken in different ways depending on how you are reading it. I was directed to this post as I am totally confused on what to do also - low carb, low fat, count calories - they seem to contradict each other! I was so excited about the responses that I was looking for "like" buttons on some of them (too much fb!) so I was really surprised to see your comment. I don't think anyone was trying to insult you or insinuate that you don't exercise, they are just saying that if you make some small changes in whatever way works for you, and move more, you will lose weight. I think we are all here because we all have the same goal in common. :) Good luck reaching your goal and I hope have found an eating plan that works for you.