Just a start - 43 days - 43 pounds

13»

Replies

• Mexicanbigfoot
    Mexicanbigfoot Posts: 520 Member
    Wow!! You really look great :) Congrats on your success, and I wish you much more luck on the rest of your journey!
  • 6mimi
    6mimi Posts: 1,432 Member
    Congratulations.. That is wonderful!
  • GurleyGirl524
    GurleyGirl524 Posts: 578 Member
    Congratulations on your success so far!! Keep up the great work!!!
  • haymancm
    haymancm Posts: 280 Member
    YAY!!! Congratulations!! Really inspiring!
  • furniem
    furniem Posts: 145 Member
    Awesome job! Just the change in your face is amazing! I bet you feel incredible! Keep going! It is so worth it!
  • ConnieAGinther
    ConnieAGinther Posts: 515 Member
    That is awesome!! You can totally see the difference already
  • JeremyMo88
    JeremyMo88 Posts: 18 Member
    Amazing sir!
  • lfergurson1
    lfergurson1 Posts: 137 Member
    Thats an awesome start I can see the big difference! Thank you for sharing! Helps us immensely
  • verptwerp
    verptwerp Posts: 3,659 Member
    Wowzers !!!

That is an awesome weight loss ......... enjoy the adventure & keep on truckin' !
  • kkaci5
    kkaci5 Posts: 59 Member
    Congratulations! I checked out your diary -- "Weapons of Mass Reduction" -- LOVE IT!

Just wanted to add that you are WAAAAYYYY under your recommended calories every day ... please take a look at this thread.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/654536-in-place-of-a-road-map-2-0-revised-7-2-12

Without increasing your calories to over your basal metabolic rate (the "fuel" your body needs to exist in a comatose state), you won't be able to maintain loss -- your body starts to convert food directly to fat. Some people even gain weight. It's explained better in the link than I can. If you continue eating so little you will likely plateau (or in my case, in diets pre-MFP, my body will take over and force me to eat anything in sight :-P.)

I set up for 1 pound loss, and even though I've been logging carefully I've still lost more than 1 pound a week.

Congratulations so far, and good self-control with choices and portions ... just make sure you can do it successfully for the long haul :-).
  • mdepko
    mdepko Posts: 283 Member
    Congratulations! I checked out your diary -- "Weapons of Mass Reduction" -- LOVE IT!

Just wanted to add that you are WAAAAYYYY under your recommended calories every day ... please take a look at this thread.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/654536-in-place-of-a-road-map-2-0-revised-7-2-12

Without increasing your calories to over your basal metabolic rate (the "fuel" your body needs to exist in a comatose state), you won't be able to maintain loss -- your body starts to convert food directly to fat. Some people even gain weight. It's explained better in the link than I can. If you continue eating so little you will likely plateau (or in my case, in diets pre-MFP, my body will take over and force me to eat anything in sight :-P.)

I set up for 1 pound loss, and even though I've been logging carefully I've still lost more than 1 pound a week.

Congratulations so far, and good self-control with choices and portions ... just make sure you can do it successfully for the long haul :-).

I definitely appreciate the input and I did go and read the link you provided. I just want to say that I did not come into this blindly thinking that I just need to eat as few calories as I can to survive and meet my goal. I'm in this for the long haul. I realize that this rate won't continue forever. I've read tons of information on weight loss and fitness. I was in the Army for 20 years, and in the early 80's (5 years into my career) is when they really started doing fitness right. I'm by no means an expert, hence all the reading. I don't want to go back to where I was, and I won't. Seriously, I do appreciate your input.
  • mdepko
    mdepko Posts: 283 Member
    :smile: Fantastic work! How are you losing so much? Are you restricting calories beyond the recommended restrictions? I want to follow your lead. Iam so happy for you!
    Crucita

When I first started on MFP I did eat below. MFP recommended 2700 or so calories for a 2.2 lb a week weight loss. I tried to go with somewhere around 1500-1700. I don't eat back my exercise calories right now either.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!