5"3 ish down 55lbs and still going! (lots of pics)

13»

Replies

• I have finally decided it was time to post my progress. I will be at one year next week and although I don't post much, the success stories are what have kept me going!

Little background, I am 38 year old mother of 2 (teenagers!), starting this journey at 215 , although I think there was a time I weighed more and was in denial (didn't own a scale). I am currently at 159 and working down to next goal of 140. I have been trying not to be ruled by the scale which is hard, but I have learned its evil! From January of this year until now, I have only dropped 5lbs, but with weight lifting you can totally see the difference. I have gone from a starting jeans of 18, probably shouldve been a 20 and an XL or 2XL shirt down to a size 10 jeans and Medium shirt!

This is the pic that made me realize I wasn't just chubby! Its from 2010 and I think I was higher than 215!!

photo2_zps60c55186.jpg

This pic is a face shot that is about as close to my start as I can find (I am on the left)

036_zpsf6c7d0cb.jpg

Here's me in May at my sons junior prom (down about 30 pounds)

030_zpsb5d26076.jpg

Daughters high school grad - down about 40

019_zpsec42a70f.jpg

Then winter hit and so the weight loss slowed. The first 30-40 came off super easy, the last 15 not so much! I truly regretted not taking real progress pics and started to in January. Here is me in January and about 164:

photo4_zpsd898f39a.jpg

And last week at 160 (this is only a 5 lbs difference - WEIGHTLIGHTING RULES! Please ignore the dorky look on my face, I really didnt intend on sharing these pics!

securedownload2_zpsfbd17f46.jpg
    photo8_zps61289747.jpg

My family has been super supportive (especially my hubby who kicks my *kitten* at the gym on a weekly basis)! It hasnt been easy at times, but is so worth it! I've learned you have to allow yourself to live and its ok to go over every once in awhile, this is a lifestyle, not a diet!

You look great!!! And happy thanks for sharing
  • QuincyChick
    QuincyChick Posts: 269 Member
    You look great- congrats!!
  • JeaninePaige
    JeaninePaige Posts: 464 Member
    SO amazing and inspirational!!!
  • BlueEyedGirl2013
    BlueEyedGirl2013 Posts: 15 Member
    WOW just WOW!!! Fantastic job (:
  • Holli1230
    Holli1230 Posts: 24 Member
    Wow. This resurfaced out of nowhere! It's the kick in the *kitten* I need. Thanks
  • MGinAK
    MGinAK Posts: 240 Member
    Way to Go!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!