Anyone up for an 8 week challenge?

1235»

Replies

• ccgisme
    ccgisme Posts: 239 Member
    Hey everyone!

It's Friday and time to check in. I didn't have such a great week this week. Lots of food temptations. I lost 0.6 lbs - which was good because I was anticipating I'd gain weight. I did manage to exercise for 7 out of 7 days. So that's what saved me!

Hope you are all doing well!

Chris
  • who922
    who922 Posts: 26 Member
    So, I had a much better week this week. I lost 4 pounds. I didn't log in last week. Crazy week and I flatlined.. I had to put my daughter's dog to sleep on Monday. My wife's grandmother died on Tuesday. Traveled to the funeral, funeral food, no workout. then I had a 50th wedding celebration for my in-laws. More food, 10 people staying at my house. You get the idea. Much better this week. I managed to work out everyday, but yesterday. Some days I was able to get my weight training and my Jillian Michaels in on the same day. I really need to step up the cardio part. I think it really helps. I may have to do even more cardio since I have some nasty tendonitis in my elbow and some of the weightlifting is just out of the question. I really would like to get a big number one of these weeks, but I'm happy with my progress.
  • ccgisme
    Seems like there's been a lot of drop off in the last two weeks... Where has everyone gone? Consider this a bump to bring us back on to your radar :smile:
  • spob
    spob Posts: 206
    Yikes, I forgot about this challenge. Sorry, not even going to talk about this past weekend! I excercised but the eating was off the charts. i will update stats this Friday. Will someone remind me? Best of luck everyone!!
  • hepkitty
    hepkitty Posts: 133
    Oh yeah, has slipped my mind, possibly for a couple weeks, I'm not sure.

For last week, I did okay. Went for a big run - 12k - my goal is 15 so I'm pretty close. Ran to work a couple times (5.5k each way). Was plateauing but think I've slipped off it as I am down to 69.35kgs now (was sitting on 71ish for about 3 weeks).

We must be getting close to the end of the 8 weeks?
  • ccgisme
    It's Friday check in and I have progress to report! Last week I weighed in at 255.4 - CW May 28, is 253.8. I've only exercised for 5 of the last 7 days (my goal was 6 days), but I have progressed on to week 5 day 2 of C25K and, barring unforeseen injury, am on track to finish by 7/4.

I relearned a few things this week:

Bread, while delicious, is not my friend when it comes to weight loss and should be eaten in very limited quantities.
    Conversely, salads are my friend and should be eaten regularly in vast quantities (at least the veggies)
    ODing on protein is not the worst thing in the world. ODing on fat and starchy carbs will slow my progress.

For the record, I have metabolic syndrome and am under doctor's orders to limit my carb intake. I just don't always obey orders :laugh:

Hope everyone is doing well!
  • who922
    who922 Posts: 26 Member
    So, I am a day late on my Friday check-in. I lost another 4 pounds this week. I really want one of those Biggest loser type double digit weeks, but alas that's probably not realistic. I worked out every day this week. Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred makes me sweat like a horse!! I missed my weights this week. I have some nasty tendonitis in my elbow. Cortizone shot coming next week. Having had it before, I'm not sure if I wouldn't rather keep the tendonitis!! I did well today. Saturdays and Sundays are the toughest days for me. Hope everyone else is doing well. I really want to lose at least another 20 by the time I go to the beach at the end of June. I'll have to step up the cardio I think. Good luck!!!
  • ccgisme
    This Friday will be the last weigh in for this challenge. Interest seems to have waned from the early days - which is understandable.

I met my weight goal last Friday - I'm down to 251. I'm also regularly exercising 6-7 days per week. It's been a good run and the challenge has definitely helped.

Thanks to all who showed an interest.
  • spob
    spob Posts: 206
    Yes I am in!!

My posted goals are as follows:

!) Get up and do a morning excercise routine Shredding every day. Set alarm and follow through.

2) Eat lean protein with every meal and two servings of fruit per day.

3) Stay away from white bread, pasta and potatoes.

4) Log 15 km of running per week.

5) Boot camp classes three times per week

6) Weigh in and measure - be accountable

7) Spend two hours per week engaged in an active way with my children.

8) Lose 10 pounds in eight weeks

9) Be more conscious in all aspects of my life!
  • bethinagain
    bethinagain Posts: 282 Member
    Well, here we are at the end of this 8 week challenge.......My goal weight was 156 by June 10th (my birthday) and today is June 9th and I can proudly say that I met my goal weighing in at 156.2!!!!!!!:drinker:

Good luck everyone! It was fun!