whats the beef on well...beef...

Replies

• katedevall
    katedevall Posts: 240 Member
    Pink slime!

Was a ridiculous notion. And lots of people got sued over it. Plus it killed the economy where I live.

I love a good steak.. Mmmmmm med rare (:
  • Griffin220x
    Griffin220x Posts: 399
    yolo
  • redraidergirl2009
    redraidergirl2009 Posts: 2,560 Member
    Why do people get so wound up about people that don't eat meat? Guilty conscience? Scared of people different than you? I'd really like to know. I don't think anyone has ever explained why they believe people that don't eat meat are wrong, unhealthy, stupid, ect...

the counter to this is why do people who do not eat meat get so wound up about people who do? See previous posts in the thread...If I you do not want to eat meat I do not care, yet it somehow bothers others that I like to eat meat and am somehow "mean" to animals....

Actually it does bother you. You can say you don't care all you want but your actions show otherwise. If you really didn't care you wouldn't have made your little comments on that girls cow photo. No point in lying.
  • mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member
    Right now I'm daydreaming about a blue cheese burger on a kiaser roll will green leaf lettuce, purple onion and a little chiptole BBQ sauce........mmmmmmmmm!
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Why do people get so wound up about people that don't eat meat? Guilty conscience? Scared of people different than you? I'd really like to know. I don't think anyone has ever explained why they believe people that don't eat meat are wrong, unhealthy, stupid, ect...

the counter to this is why do people who do not eat meat get so wound up about people who do? See previous posts in the thread...If I you do not want to eat meat I do not care, yet it somehow bothers others that I like to eat meat and am somehow "mean" to animals....

Actually it does bother you. You can say you don't care all you want but your actions show otherwise. If you really didn't care you wouldn't have made your little comments on that girls cow photo. No point in lying.

Hmmm who is it bothering more...the people who actually eat meat and chimed in on my original post as to the health or non health benfits or meat....or the people who don't even eat meat but felt the need to chime in with ...animals are our friends, and we should treat them like that...or the whole "world hunger is effected by meat eaters..' LOL
  • redraidergirl2009

Hmmm who is it bothering more...the people who actually eat meat and chimed in on my original post as to the health or non health benfits or meat....or the people who don't even eat meat but felt the need to chime in with ...animals are our friends, and we should treat them like that...or the whole "world hunger is effected by meat eaters..' LOL

Obviously you are the most bothered, just unwilling to accept it. But that's fine. You are free to make posts and ask for opinions and make fun of them or try and counter them for whatever reason, its what makes mfp go 'round.
  • mmapags

Obviously you are the most bothered, just unwilling to accept it. But that's fine. You are free to make posts and ask for opinions and make fun of them or try and counter them for whatever reason, its what makes mfp go 'round.

Weren't you the person who posted a thread on vegetarianism last week asking why people are critical of it and asked meat eaters not to jump in in a critical way? Please take your own advice and stop derailing this thread.
  • monicalosesweight
    monicalosesweight Posts: 1,173 Member
    I smell a troll.
  • BEERRUNNER
    BEERRUNNER Posts: 3,046 Member
    It's great for you. It has an amazing amino acid profile, micronutrient profile (zinc, B12, iron, selenium, riboflavin, phosphorous), and has all kinds of positive effects on male hormone production.

Absolutely, as long as it finds its balance in your week with other other meats and foods. Too much red meat can be bad for your heart and vascular system in general. Other than that . . . I love red meat. i'm about to eat some right now. :heart:

BEEF is one of my main sources of protein!!!! Its good for you and much better in my opinion than that processed garbage of Protein powders and such!!!!!!!
    ENJOY the testosterone!!!!!!!:devil:
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Bad reasons to avoid red meat: Moral reasons.

This may be the mot ridiculous line I've ever read on MFP.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member

i concur
  • ohenry78
    ohenry78 Posts: 228

I guess I should specify, I was referring to the "moral dilemmas" that were being discussed prior to that post. I suppose one could find a moral reason to be against eating meat, but this was referring to the notion that cows need some special sort of treatment or that the method of killing them is always inhumane. And prior to making this statement I explained why I believe those are invalid reasons to disagree with eating meat.
  • bcattoes

I guess I should specify, I was referring to the "moral dilemmas" that were being discussed prior to that post. I suppose one could find a moral reason to be against eating meat, but this was referring to the notion that cows need some special sort of treatment or that the method of killing them is always inhumane. And prior to making this statement I explained why I believe those are invalid reasons to disagree with eating meat.

Poo-pooing morals that don't mesh with yours doesn't really make the statement any less ridiculous IMO.
  • ohenry78

Poo-pooing morals that don't mesh with yours doesn't really make the statement any less ridiculous IMO.

I wasn't just "poo-pooing" them. I gave arguments for why I thought they were invalid. If you disagree, please provide a different perspective. That's how discussion works.
  • redraidergirl2009

I wasn't just "poo-pooing" them. I gave arguments for why I thought they were invalid. If you disagree, please provide a different perspective. That's how discussion works.

I didn't see an argument against why choosing not to eat meat based on one's morals is bad. I just saw a statement as such.
  • ohenry78
    Here is my original post in this thread -- I was arguing against specific reasons people make the choice. So, yeah, if you disagree with any of these feel free to elaborate, but this is what I was referring to :)

-- Cows are meant to be eaten. We can argue about domestic cows vs. their wild ancestors, but the fact of the matter is that cows, bison, cattle, buffalo, any cow variation you can think of is a meat source for some species. If not people, then wolves or some other carnivorous animal.

-- The whole "Cows are people too" sort of sentiment is sort of silly. As mentioned previously, they are pretty much meant to be eaten. And while there are some places that mistreat their stock, most cows get to live a life of luxury by animal standards and then die a quick, painless death for food. This, as opposed to a hard life in the wild and being devoured alive by some predator.

-- My father in law raises cows, and we get tons of high quality beef with no hormones and high flavor. And while not everyone has that luxury, it isn't too terribly hard in most places to find local meat markets where you can find out the living conditions and breeding conditions of the cows used.
  • bcattoes

It's not for you to decide whether another's morals are right or wrong. You are not a god.
  • mmapags
    Much ado about nothing.
  • ohenry78

It's not for you to decide whether another's morals are right or wrong. You are not a god.

Wow. OK, I won't be responding to any of your posts any longer, except to say this: I'm not saying that they are absolutely wrong. I gave arguments for why I believe they are wrong. If you disagree, just tell me why you disagree. No need to toss around silly comments that don't build off the discussion.
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Beef is ok for regular people in moderation, but not for me. I don't even really like it - and I dislike hamburger. I have a digestive disorder that makes eating beef and pork not very fun. It makes me a little sick, and it causes inflammation, so I don't eat it and I don't miss it. I eat birds and fish instead. I think most people who do eat meat probably eat more than is healthy. But that's not my business. Eat beef if you want to.