MFP Annual convention

Replies

• CanuckLove
    CanuckLove Posts: 673 Member
    Or we could just dominate Vegas
  • dezcast
    dezcast Posts: 429 Member
    Im down for some trouble... I mean really how much trouble could we all get in? :laugh:
  • alishacupcake
    alishacupcake Posts: 419 Member

did someone say dominate?
  • 777Gemma888
    777Gemma888 Posts: 9,578 Member

Not gonna lie, Vegas works for me!
  • alishacupcake
    alishacupcake Posts: 419 Member
    Im down for some trouble... I mean really how much trouble could we all get in? :laugh:

SoVictoRRious:
    I see out of wedlock children, STD's and baby mama drama. Oh, and possibly some stolen Identities.
  • Chaos, mayhem, drama...it would be fun to watch.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    I'm too shy. Have fun, guys.
  • LauraMacNCheese
    LauraMacNCheese Posts: 7,173 Member
    Goodness gracious, so freaking hard to keep everyone happy..

tumblr_mdd46e5AAV1qmy8hdo1_500.gif
  • _SusieQ_
    _SusieQ_ Posts: 2,964 Member
    Some of us have regular fitness and fun meetups without MFP getting in the way. All it takes is a kickass organizer and enough MFPers locally that want to participate.

This! I actually have several coming up over the next few weeks!!

Stop rubbing it in! :sad:
  • 777Gemma888

That is exactly my point. It would be like any other event. conference, summit, retreat, weekend get away...whatever you want to call it.

You go there to meet people, socialize, learn and then what you do afterwards is your business.

Last time I checked there are a lot of other places you can "meetup" and do all kinds of things that could end your marriage or land you in trouble.

My thoughts exactly. :) Mainly those with catfish accounts might have a problem meeting their FL's IRL, but for those of us on the fringe ... Networking is networking.

As for a poster who'd highlighted using the MFP name - organisers can negotiate a fee to use it. If and when they deem(with evidence) that their name was tarnished in some way, a pre-negotiated penalty would be laid on the organisers. No problem. Happens all the time.
  • auzziecawth66
    auzziecawth66 Posts: 476 Member
    All you can eat pop tart and Ice cream buffet...
  • ThePerplexed1
    ThePerplexed1 Posts: 52 Member
    Can you imagine all the freebies from sponsors (fitness companies). And new things to try out which aren't even in the market. .
  • 777Gemma888
    Can you imagine all the freebies from sponsors (fitness companies). And new things to try out which aren't even in the market. .

With all the people who are into fitness here, you'd think that it would be a welcome idea. Think of all the possible spokeperson contracts that might be broached or signed@the convention? Literally asking the members to put their bodies where their techno mouths have been for years. And it DOES not have to be just the fitness products ... Ice Cream and Pop Tarts too. Bring it on!!
  • ThePerplexed1

Hey I like the way you think ;-)
  • CanuckLove
    CanuckLove Posts: 673 Member
    :D
  • fanceegirl75
    fanceegirl75 Posts: 620 Member
    Sounds fun!
    Someone mentioned the Mods. They're not to worry about...they only control this site. Not what the members do outside of it.
  • silvergurl518
    silvergurl518 Posts: 4,123 Member
    I feel like the mods would be walking around buttoning blouses and handing out pants to all the women.

only if it were a literal IRL representation of MFP. but since we can do whatever the hell we want since we're adults, then there ya go ;) but rather than this being a "fitness expo," since there are plenty of those in real life, we could just get together for some fun fun fun in the sun sun sun. cheeeeeseball = me.
  • ThePerplexed1
    so we doing this or what?
  • dezcast
    dezcast Posts: 429 Member
    you tell me when and i will show up! i already told my husband im leaving on a trip somewhere without him... so i have to end up somewhere in this world?
  • SlickFootAnna
    SlickFootAnna Posts: 611 Member
    Only if someone brings Magic The Gathering or LAN partaaaaaay!!