People on these forums can be quite cruel.

124»

Replies

• redraider08
    redraider08 Posts: 33 Member
    People like this make me LOOSE my mind.
  • cubbies77
    cubbies77 Posts: 607 Member
    Cruel eh? How do you loose weight exactly? Are you saying you want it to giggle more or something? Does your 10 lbs feel looser than the other weight you have? Dictionary.com is your friend?

Says the person who misspelled "jiggle".
  • "People on these forums can be quite cruel. " and perverted
  • kr1stadee
    kr1stadee Posts: 1,774 Member
    I know she's gone, but I wish I had the answer to this...
    Why does she have a bariatric doctor??
  • quirkytizzy
    quirkytizzy Posts: 4,052 Member
    She has deactivated.

I think that was probably a good idea. She needed us to help her calm down. She's flipping out. All the nitpicking criticism was making her feel desperate and hopeless and she just needed encouragement and support. She just needed somebody to talk her down from the ledge.

She's not going to get that here. She's just going to keep getting the nitpicking and criticism.

Am I the only one who sees this?

I already have to talk myself down from enough ledges in my own life. So not taking on someone else as an MFP project.
  • sfrewerd
    sfrewerd Posts: 2
    LOL...whiners who deactivate. Gotta love em'. Sheesh.
  • EmilyEmpowered
    EmilyEmpowered Posts: 650 Member
    Do we really need a new one of these every day? We get it. We're mean. Everyone is special and different and requires kid gloves all the time. Don't take everything so personally and focus on you.

It's taken me two years to lose 11 lbs according to the scale. I've lost many, many more inches. I eat well, I work hard on my fitness, I give it 80-90% every day, except for the days I give it 110%.

I don't complain about it because I choose to focus on the good. The newfound strength, the ability to run many miles at a time, the definition in my arms and back and my perky new butt and powerful new legs. The ability to sprint, jump, push, pull, bend, roll, cartwheel, handstand, headstand, relax and just breathe. None of that is reflected in the 11 lbs I've lost.

Choose something else to focus on and you may just amaze yourself.

:heart: this response! :flowerforyou:
  • Calliope610
    Calliope610 Posts: 3,779 Member
    Yes, any time that someone says "Help me! But don't criticize my poor choices!" They are going no where fast.

Yep. I think a lack of self criticism and the ability to take constructive criticism from others are the biggest reasons people fail to make progress, but meh . . . she quit

“We find comfort among those who agree with us-- growth among those who don't.” Frank A Clark