At the bottom of the mountain, and need support

2»

Replies

• danielhutchins
    danielhutchins Posts: 65 Member
    I've been here 5 or 6 weeks and am down 43 lbs. Do not EVER give up or surrender!!! Go walk, it's a great way to start (what I did), low impact and you can adjust how much you hurt. As you lose you'll be ready for more vigorous workouts. I'd love to do yoga like many on here do, but haven't a place close by, or really the time to learn it myself yet. But it's coming! As for the diet: RELAX! Start being conscious of what you eat, try to keep fat down and protein up and you'll see a reduction in your weight and waistline.
  • sbrownallison
    sbrownallison Posts: 314 Member
    You've taken a good step in joining MFP. I'm 5'4" and started at 189 lbs a bit over a year ago. I've been on MFP since mid-November with 16 lbs lost, but I have lost a total of 48 lbs since Feb. of last year. I've done it by consistently logging food, following 1200 cal/day (I'm an older female, so that's the sad state of my metabolism), and have incorporated regular, consistent exercise into my life. I go to the Y and spend 4 - 6 hours/week in aerobic and step classes, plus treadmill. On Sundays, I mall-walk for an hour or so before the stores open (it rains here a lot!). One new thing I've done this time (in attempting to lose weight) is take bread out of my diet, for the most part. Since I've been on this routine, I've never had a weight gain, nor have I hit a plateau. It did not take long for me to feel comfortable at the Y; I did feel intimidated at first. You will see results, and these results will encourage you. Good luck on your journey. Feel free to friend me; I'd love to see your progress and be inspired by it.